British Speedway Forum

Was it??

That was certainly the impression I got.

Anyway water under the bridge - no point in dwelling on it too much now.

I rather the next 4 months were about more postive points.

• Like 1

Solid team, possible winning team if the youngsters all improve, and Morten gets his act together. Would have preferred a new face or Leigh tbh...

richie isn't as good or consistent as Barker yet.... And Manzares could be anything but probably not as good as lanham......

Barker wasn't consistent with us last year either. In fact, he had a poor year by his standards and we still finished second.

A few teams would have finished over the limit this year and would have to shed points.

We however, have come out of that pretty well and despite finishing the season well over the limit, are not far off the strength of last year where we just missed out on top spot.

Look through the side and it's full of improvers.

richie isn't as good or consistent as Barker yet.... And Manzares could be anything but probably not as good as lanham......

But I imagine most expect Heeps, Ellis and Tungate to be better than Heeps, Ellis and Tungate though.

Very good team IMO but then we've all said that for the last 2 seasons and the Witches have won nothing yet (and the 4s doesn't count, it's a 1 off)

But the point is that they had to make changes. Barker was never coming back, and I like the thought of Worrall continuing his development as a Witch.

I think the only change that some people would have made is to keep Lanham instead of Risager - you'll need to ask Chris Louis for his reasoning on keeping Risager (who, interestingly, is due a Testimonial (date tbc)). There's still a chance the Dane will make a big stride ... but most will agree that this could be his last chance to prove it as a Witch.

• Like 1

richie isn't as good or consistent as Barker yet..........

Arson is absolutely right - let's face it by the law of averages it had to happen eventually!!! Certainly if you were looking for the better rider, at this point in time Barker would be the better option.

However the secret of putting a potentially successful team together is selecting riders who can improve their averages. Worrall's starting average of 8.42 certainly gives him the opportunity to increase this by the end of the season, whereas Barker will have to ride exceptionally well just to stand still, given that he commences on a 9.44 average.

Certainly the Witches septet all have the potential to increase their averages, and if they do Ipswich will be there or thereabouts.

• Like 1

Looks a hit or Miss team to me. Lets hope for all those Suffolk boys who have been straved of success in both Football and Speedway terms that it is more hit than miss.. Play-offs then another disappointing end For the Ipswich Nearly men. ;)

Yet ITFC have a much bigger bill for Brasso to polish their silverware than their six fingered cousins up the a140! :rofl::party:

Well I have to say I am happy with that side though I would have gone for Jensen in place of Risager. The big bonus is Manzares as a asset.

Have I missed something here? Which Jensen are we talking about? MJJ?!

But the point is that they had to make changes. Barker was never coming back, and I like the thought of Worrall continuing his development as a Witch.

I think the only change that some people would have made is to keep Lanham instead of Risager - you'll need to ask Chris Louis for his reasoning on keeping Risager (who, interestingly, is due a Testimonial (date tbc)). There's still a chance the Dane will make a big stride ... but most will agree that this could be his last chance to prove it as a Witch.

There's also the possibility that if Lanham doesn't get fixed up with a PL club he could find himself coming back into the team if Risager doesn't hit the ground running, from reading CL's comments in the local paper it certainly sounds like Risager is on his last chance.

Or Risager will end up in reserve if / when Ellis and/or Hawkins kicks on with their averages.

Arson is absolutely right - let's face it by the law of averages it had to happen eventually!!! Certainly if you were looking for the better rider, at this point in time Barker would be the better option.

However the secret of putting a potentially successful team together is selecting riders who can improve their averages. Worrall's starting average of 8.42 certainly gives him the opportunity to increase this by the end of the season, whereas Barker will have to ride exceptionally well just to stand still, given that he commences on a 9.44 average.

Certainly the Witches septet all have the potential to increase their averages, and if they do Ipswich will be there or thereabouts.

Snnnaaacccky!! How the devil are you?...you old fruit cake you....give my love to chris the bus lady aswell xxxx

cant be that bad surely!

no, I was taking the pittle :)
  • Like 1

Well , after much cogitating here's my thoughts on the team . ( In my preferred riding order )

1 Richie Worrall , certainly the best of the rest after Cookie and Ben B signed elsewhere and has the potential to put a bit on his average . A good solid signing .

2 Morten Risager , well Morten is Morten and should score reasonably at home but far too many away tracks where his white lining will achieve nothing . A steady middle order man though .

3 Cameron Heep's , with his new found gating ability last year he came on leaps and bounds and has the ability to up his game again . Should develop into a solid heat leader .

4 Gino Manzares , a cracking signing on assessed 5 average who could well put at least a couple on that during the season . looking forward to see him at Foxhall .

5 Rohan Tungate , needs to step it up this year and prove his heat leader status with the reserves . Can up his average a bit if he hits the ground running .

6 Adam Ellis , With new equipment under him hopefully he can improve on his win heat 2 and become anonymous habit of 2013 . certainly bags of potential though .

7 Ritchie Hawkins , a good solid reserve who came good at the end of 2013 season , a bargain on 3.96 average , a rider who could serve us well next season .

All in all I think we have a team that could achieve some success but everyone will need to up their game for that to happen .

Generally speaking I'm looking forward to next season but will hold back on any rash predictions of possible silverware until after all the league team lineups have been declared .

• Like 1

I will take a slighty different tack and suggest the best and worst averages each may end with.

Richie Worrall - more than capable of kicking on to 9.50. Could suffer a bit of fatigue with increased international commitments causing a dip but even worst case no less than 8.25.

Rohan Tungate - Could challenge for the No1 spot at 9. Falls into the promising but stagnates category a t 7.

Morten Risager - Takes his chance and reaches 7.5. Misses out the purple patches and ends at 6.

Cameron Heeps - Continues to flourish and gets to 8. Consolidates at 6.5

Gino Manzares - First season revelation and comes in at 6. Struggles paticularly away and hits 4.5.

Adam Ellis - the 2014 Heeps at 6.5. 2nd season syndrome and 4.25

Ritchie Hawkins - Back to his best 5.5. Bruv forgets his fuel taps a few times and stays at 4.

So in general great potential to improve and falls less likely.

Some pretty good solid teams being put together by most of the clubs so far. Workington look pretty good and so far so do Redcar. Somerset have gone for all out top end. Could be a close season again.