British Speedway Forum

Well I must be in the minority on here as I would have Risager over Lanham and I'm pleased with that particular decision.

The view is that, at 10 years younger, Risager has more potential than Lanham to go beyond the 7 average - he just needs to prove it, at last.

Can't see Lanham taking the team manager job - it would be a 100% cut in earnings!

Looking at the fixtures we will be missing Richie Worrall twice, Home & Away v Peterborough on Good Friday. This could rise to four if Ipswich have home meetings on 29th May & 14th August as these are stated as Open at the moment.

Whereas with Adam Ellis it's a different story. He will be missing 8 meetings :-

Plymouth Away LC 11th April

Peterborough Home & Away LC 18th April

Newcastle Home PL 5th May

Scunthorpe Away PL 20th June

Plymouth Home PL 10th July

Rye House Home PL 7th August

Sheffield Home PL 30th August

There could be 1 more meeting if Somerset get through to face up in the cup and Adam would miss the away leg on 13th June.

It all depends on how well Adam does this year to see what sort of guests we can get.

• Like 1

Looking at the fixtures we will be missing Richie Worrall twice, Home & Away v Peterborough on Good Friday. This could rise to four if Ipswich have home meetings on 29th May & 14th August as these are stated as Open at the moment.

Whereas with Adam Ellis it's a different story. He will be missing 8 meetings :-

There could be 1 more meeting if Somerset get through to face up in the cup and Adam would miss the away leg on 13th June.

It all depends on how well Adam does this year to see what sort of guests we can get.

Thanks for that info.....interesting. So for the masterplan of the BSPA is to be worth a sh*t and achieve something, missing these meetings is going to help Adam is it?

Edited by Roland
  • Like 1

But no Worrall or Ellis for the witches

Peterborough possibly missing fisher. Blackbird. Jacobs

All 10 EL teams riding and 10 Pl clubs to o.

Nothing changes does it...........the first of many :sad:

You may well be right re Adam as this is certainly the case re the 'normal' double up positions.

That said there has been nothing official yet as to whether the same guidelines apply to the draft riders.

So for a third of the meetings we will be riding with a weakened team, And have to pay £16 for that privilege. Hmm think not Thanks. Rather than gaining support looks like it will drive the current ones away!

As for Ellis thought it been announced that Lakeside have priority as he is their asset?

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 1

I think this will start to grate as the season wears on.

We were always told that one of the big plus points of the Premier League as apposed to the EL is more regular settled sides.

Not sure that will now be the case with the changes this season.

Not sure there's much difference in the quantity of the fixtures in both leagues now either?

• Like 1

So for our biggest crowd of the season, there will be 2 makeshift teams on display. How anybody thinks speedway is a professional sport is beyond me. Hopefully I won't get a newbie next to me on their first visit asking why the teams don't have their own riders racing and why a couple are missing.

Shame Adam will be missing so many meetings.

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 3

So for our biggest crowd of the season, there will be 2 makeshift teams on display. How anybody thinks speedway is a professional sport is beyond me. Hopefully I won't get a newbie next to me on their first visit asking why the teams don't have their own riders racing and why a couple are missing.

That's the problem when you have more than one league and riders riding in more than one league.

The PL used to be the stable league with settled sides every week. Not any more it seems.

And agree regarding Good Friday. It's already looking like a bit of a farce unfortunately.

Edited by Catch22
  • Like 1

Will the newbie even know if the teams are missing any of their normal riders though and if they do will they be bothered?

It will be the regulars that will be narked by it.

Agree it will be a shame if Adam misses so many meetings especially as his PL rides may well be against tougher opposition compared to his EL draft rides!

But no Worrall or Ellis for the witches

Peterborough possibly missing fisher. Blackbird. Jacobs

All 10 EL teams riding and 10 Pl clubs to o.

Peterborough could be at full strengh at Foxhall in the afternoon, but missing Fisher only at Peterborough in the evening.

Depending on the start time of Belle Vue match Worrall may only miss one match too?

Edited by Noodles

Rather than making the EL better the BSPA have made the PL worse! :sad:

For once, it's not the BSPA 's fault. The PL' s decision to opt out of the rider development/cost cutting scheme means that it's their own fault that they're on the outside looking in at rider availability.