British Speedway Forum

You probably know the answer to that one...........??!

BSPA AGM 2014 - Agenda Item 1. - British reserves, Has it produced better racing, better crowds and Do Sky like it??! :wink:

Id expect the Brit rule to remain at least for next year although it may 'evolve'*

*just checked my dictionary - the current definition is 'to manipulate as suits eg the workings of a speedway promoter' (smiley of your choice)

I wouldnt be so sure.

With Rohan and Cam hopefully continuing on the upward curve we would have a solid base for the lower 1-5 assuming the current reserve plan stays in place.

once a poole cheqe book come out, theyl be sold

could go through whole list of riders sold, then check out the bought ones? the person who think those 2 will be at foxhall in 3 yrs is in cuckoo land

could go through whole list of riders sold, then check out the bought ones? the person who think those 2 will be at foxhall in 3 yrs is in cuckoo land

Some people remain very positive ... others have inbuilt cynicism.

Go ahead, because other than Nicholls many moons ago and King recently, I'm struggling to think of any.

Whether those two will be at Foxhall in three years is open to debate as many things could happen between now and then.

They may not progress as hoped and therefore find themselves out of the team.

The riders themselves may decide that to further their career, a move to a different (larger?) home track may be beneficial for a season or two.

But what I will say, is I'll be hugely surprised if either or both are sold and lost as club assets.

• Like 2

maybe if the outgoing man

Some people remain very positive ... others have inbuilt cynicism.

a shame the out going manager wasn't as positive..and a shame he never manned up and only gave half answers that said far more than he actually did say

maybe if the outgoing man

a shame the out going manager wasn't as positive..and a shame he never manned up and only gave half answers that said far more than he actually did say

looks like that little Aljack sized hole on this thread has been filled?!
  • Like 1

love this lot..un educated who cant reply in normal manner

no that will be you sir who obviously has no clue about Ipswich speedway

If you don't like it on this thread then bugger off to another one

Cam and Rohan have got a way to go before anyone's cheque book comes out imo. Fully expect them to be Prem Lge for at least two or three more years, and who knows what the League structures will look like by then. Selling them would certainly send out a negative message, but i cant see that happening in the near future..

haha love it......im 46..i went from 71 to 2012.....I clearly know nothing...yet another un educated customer

Cam and Rohan have got a way to go before anyone's cheque book comes out imo. Fully expect them to be Prem Lge for at least two or three more years,

Disagree. When I look at the current standard of the lower end of the EL 1-5's, I don't think they're too far away already.

Got to be honest I haven't really paid much attention to the EL team building this winter, but having had a good look yesterday I was shocked at just how poor most teams look and I mean the 1-5's, not including the youngsters at reserve.

totally agree those two would make great res in elite lge, I just happened to say, I doubt they will be here..and I say that, because, financial wise, this seemed the best opportunity to move back up in the elite with this structure, and I think simmo thought the same thing..

totally agree those two would make great res in elite lge, I just happened to say, I doubt they will be here..and I say that, because, financial wise, this seemed the best opportunity to move back up in the elite with this structure, and I think simmo thought the same thing..

What makes you think that? The only thing he mentioned in the press regarding the EL is that if Ipswich had moved up, he may have stayed on as manager as it would involve far less travelling.

Chris Louis actually said pre-AGM that he was going there with an open mind when quizzed about which league Ipswich would like to be in.

I think the fact that at the time of the AGM, the future of Sky's financial involvement was at best uncertain with strong rumours that they wouldn't be renewing, made any decision a little easier.

I'm the first to admit I don't like Ipswich being in the PL and I would dearly love to see the club back in the top flight, as long as we were competitive.

But, I also don't think it was the right time to make that jump THIS season when Sky's continued financial input was unknown.

Maybe now that a new 5 year contract has been secured, albeit allegedly on reduced terms, perhaps the promotion will make an application to rejoin the EL again next winter.

Edited by CardinalSin
  • Like 2