British Speedway Forum

I think Ellis should take heart from Heeps' progress this year. Both riders similar age and both predicted to have good careers ahead of them.

Heeps in his first year last season averaged 4.40 and found things tough at times just as Ellis has this year, with Ellis averaging a similar 4.25.

But Heeps has progressed superbly this year upping his average to the near 7 point mark.

Ellis should take heart from that and it will definitely help having a years experience under his belt at PL level.

How much he ups 4.25 remains to be seen, but up it he will I've no doubts about that.

It's the viscious circle for Adam. To up your average you need good equipment. This years equipment was secondhand at the start of the year, there's been quite a few thousand spent keeping the van on the road Ok now he has some experience of British speedway it's the search for sponsors before next season and they're not exactly falling from the trees. I know some people expressed disappointment after the pre season hype, but he is still only 17 and every track he visited this year ( with the exception of two) was for the first time.

Broken bones need to heal and the loooong search for sponsorship starts. ( even if the format for next years leagues isn't yet decided)

Nicholls king cook and bridger should do just nicely

Your hoping there i think. :)

It's the viscious circle for Adam. To up your average you need good equipment. This years equipment was secondhand at the start of the year, there's been quite a few thousand spent keeping the van on the road Ok now he has some experience of British speedway it's the search for sponsors before next season and they're not exactly falling from the trees. I know some people expressed disappointment after the pre season hype, but he is still only 17 and every track he visited this year ( with the exception of two) was for the first time.

Broken bones need to heal and the loooong search for sponsorship starts. ( even if the format for next years leagues isn't yet decided)

and there in lies the problem for British Speedway.

If Adam who is seen as one of the brightest prospects the country has is finding sponsors difficult to find then its easy to understand why all are struggling.

Best of luck to Adam wherever he is next year and for securing some good back up over the winter.

So how the speedway star today Chris Louis has said he will be reviewing the way things are done at the club. What exactly does that mean.

I would think that Jarek Hampel,Scott Nicholls and Danny King plus four others will make up next years team in the Elite League. What possible other thing could Chris possibly mean!

Edited by mickthemuppet

I would think that Jarek Hampel,Scott Nicholls and Danny King plus four others will make up next years team in the Elite League. What possible other thing could Chris possibly mean!

Possibly, he could possibly mean that he's reviewing how things are done at the club?

Well he also mentions how they suddenly lost focus at the most important time of the season. Doesn't sound anything like looking for riders in the elite league. For one thing even if it did, i doubt very much you would see Hampel over here. Nicholls and King, tried that before and didn't work, and Nicholls isn't as good now as he was then. That's what scares me about ever going back into the top league, back to the same old riders that failed over and over again before.

• Like 1

Well he also mentions how they suddenly lost focus at the most important time of the season. Doesn't sound anything like looking for riders in the elite league. For one thing even if it did, i doubt very much you would see Hampel over here. Nicholls and King, tried that before and didn't work, and Nicholls isn't as good now as he was then. That's what scares me about ever going back into the top league, back to the same old riders that failed over and over again before.

agree to an extent. But perhaps, or probably, Louis also recognises this?

Lindgren at Wolves has had a tough year, and is looking for a change. Maybe he would be a good signing? With maybe Nicholls and Sundstrom as back up?

Lots of possibilities.

I do however, agree with others that more local meetings with Lynn, Lakeside, Peterborough and Eastie would be a shot in the arm for us.

A good Friday with Lynn alone would bring in far more supporters than we've seen for many a year.

If we did go back into top flight some one like Lindgren is a must, a different rider to our track. Not the same old rubbish we used to get dished up year after year. Are people willing to pay 17 or 18 quid though. I also agree it would be great to race against our local rivals again, but there needs to be at least 13 or 14 teams in the top flight otherwise there will be huge gaps in between meetings as there was before.

• Like 1

So if we did rejoin along with Leicester thats 12. Sheffield up for sale so anything could happen with that one.

The numbers could stack up for a mid April (NZ GP 5th April) to end September season once home and away plus a cup comp.

So a fair bit of talk about the top league, are we really thinking it's time and it's very possible?

Only the same few of you talking about it - frequently!!

• Like 1