British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
skthecat

Leicester Lions 2014

I think Glyn generally did a good job. He's someone who is clearly passionate about his speedway and he's also refreshingly honest for someone involved in the sport. I still think that if Glyn had been allowed to change the track in the way we all expected to one that suited the riders he had bought in to the team then within a couple of meetings we'd have settled on a team of Roynon, Nemo, Bjerre, Doolan, Graversen, Blackbird & Kerr and with a clear injury free run we'd have been league champions and had a season of exciting speedway to boot. Even during the season with a bit more financial backing i think we might still have been able to compete at the top of the league if potential signings that were muted he was looking to make had borne fruition. Also, without Glyn it would be interesting to know if we would even have got as far as we did as i'm sure at times he he kept team morale together (as well as the team) despite the best efforts of the promotion to kill it. I agree, I do think he probably needs a right hand man with a bit of knowledge on the rules to make sure opportunities aren't missed during the meeting though, b ut i'd definately have him back.

Mick.

What happened to Eric Boocock, I thought he was to be Glyn's right hand man.

Think Nemo would be a steel at his average. Would not have an issue with the top 5 being retained and you can make a case for all of them. Just need to sort the reserves out.

Alternatively a season with Nick Morris at 1 would be worth watching.

Think Nemo would be a steel at his average. Would not have an issue with the top 5 being retained and you can make a case for all of them. Just need to sort the reserves out.

I thought they have been trying to sort the reserves out all season lol

They also need a team manager because glyn as a tractor driver and team manager it doesn't work.

I dont think Linus would come back; he only came back this season as emergency cover.

I understand that this would fit.

1. Magnus Karlsson

2. Jan Graversen

3. Lasse Bjerre

4. Henning Bager

5. Kevin Doolan

6. Sergey Darkin

7. Alex Edberg

Which league are you building for and can we have at least 1 Brit in there please????. :t:

• Like 1

I dont think Linus would come back; he only came back this season as emergency cover.

My mistake. I was think of Nemo and never gave Linus a thought!!!

So here we go, for what it's worth.

1. Magnus Karlsson 7.79

2. Jan Graversen. 4.97

3. Kauko Neiminen. 7.25

4. Jacob Thorssell. 7.06

5. Kevin Doolan. 7.75

6. Charles wright. 4.05

7. Paul Starke. 3.22

Total. 42.09

I know people will say that's almost the same team as last year, but Maggie, Doolan and Gravo are all worthy of another season. A fully fit Nemo is a steel at 7.25 so is Thorssell and 2 very good British reserve who have proved themselves in the latter part of this season.

All speculation as non of us know what next year will bring in terms of league structure.

Like the look of that team, but i'd go for Henning Bager (5.21), instead of Jan Graversen. Jan scores decent amount at home , but his away scores are pretty poor. I think Bager could at least match Jan's scores at home & easily score more away than he does. But having said that i think Jan will be back because he's a Lions asset (i think) & that's the cheaper option.

Like the look of that team, but i'd go for Henning Bager (5.21), instead of Jan Graversen. Jan scores decent amount at home , but his away scores are pretty poor. I think Bager could at least match Jan's scores at home & easily score more away than he does. But having said that i think Jan will be back because he's a Lions asset (i think) & that's the cheaper option.

Henning is not a gater therefore I dont think he will be as good as Jan at home.

1. Kenneth Hansen

2. Taylor Poole

3. Rene Bach

4. Henning Bager

5. Lasse Bjerre

6. ?

7. Alex Edberg

U may not get Taylor Poole :cry:

Taylor has quit speedway according to his twitter...broken femur

I'd be wary of riders who are into their 30's and who have had injury problems and whose averages have dropped.

It may be tempting to take advantage of them being available at "bargain" averages, but sadly they all too often cannot stop their decline.This would rule out Kauko and Howe.

Nick Morris is the only rider, at present, i would advise to bring in. The rest of the team depends totally on the league structure next season and where we are within it.

However, Doolan and Karlsson are worth a punt providing the circumstances are suitable, and the rest of the team is age 20-30.

I'd be wary of riders who are into their 30's and who have had injury problems and whose averages have dropped.

It may be tempting to take advantage of them being available at "bargain" averages, but sadly they all too often cannot stop their decline.This would rule out Kauko and Howe.

Nick Morris is the only rider, at present, i would advise to bring in. The rest of the team depends totally on the league structure next season and where we are within it.

However, Doolan and Karlsson are worth a punt providing the circumstances are suitable, and the rest of the team is age 20-30.

Riders on bargain average rarely end up being that. There is usually a good reason for the drop. Whether it's age, injuries, investment or the other important point you didn't mention, riders appearing to prioritise their best equipment, investment or efforts away from the club expecting the bargain (such as can happen when riders double up)..

If the track is the same as this year then i'd second Nick Morris on the basis that he's provided probably 50% of the decent races i've witnessed this year at BP!

Any rider that is over 25 or doesn't increase his average by half a point every season should be shot.