British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RedcarRacer

Sheffield For Sale

To be honest my confidence in whether the club will be running changes from day to day.

To be honest it would not surprise me if the club does fail to come to the tapes for the start of the season as I cannot see anyone at the moment wanting to buy a speedway club.

But Neil Machin has always said that he has never be the one to close the club, so maybe there is still some hope.

But if if am honest my gut feeling is that we could be looking at the club closing down.

At present, I feel there's more chance of Peterborough coming to the tapes at the start of next season's PL.

interesting to see that Richard Lawson is away from Workington for next season, maybe a tigers target?

Did I see his name somewhere as beig linked to Lakeside Hammers?

interesting to see that Richard Lawson is away from Workington for next season, maybe a tigers target?

I know, would love to see Rich Lawson in a Sheffield race jacket, lets hope we get taken over soon because Rich Lawson and riders alike will not be available forever. I just hope that it all isnt too late and we end up with a make shift rush job team. Im growing quite concerned :-(

I know, would love to see Rich Lawson in a Sheffield race jacket, lets hope we get taken over soon because Rich Lawson and riders alike will not be available forever. I just hope that it all isnt too late and we end up with a make shift rush job team. Im growing quite concerned :-(

As you say there will be plenty takers for Lawson,though living just up the road from Sheffield might help matters.

The latest i have heard is that is still a lot going on behind the scenes, so i think Sheffield will be there come March / April

• Like 1

At present, I feel there's more chance of Peterborough coming to the tapes at the start of next season's PL.

In that case there's no chance. I can't imagine anyone wanting to invest in Peterborough after their huge financial losses over every single season. I would have thought Tony Mole might be interested in Sheffield, it would be a better option than hanging on in the hope of getting going at Odsal.

In that case there's no chance. I can't imagine anyone wanting to invest in Peterborough after their huge financial losses over every single season. I would have thought Tony Mole might be interested in Sheffield, it would be a better option than hanging on in the hope of getting going at Odsal.

His name has already been mentioned and rule out as he is not interested.

• Like 1

Personally I think Machins dragging his feet, he either wants too much for feck all or he is wanting to sell but still have a say in the future of the club. He is a control freak after all...If we dont run we may never come back because the stadium landlords will want the stadium used and may look elsewhere...Got a bad feeling..Machin could undo 21 years of good work by screwing this up..Hope I'm wrong, very wrong.

Before Neil was the promoter at Sheffield, he was a fan. I cannot believe that he would do anything else but what is best for Sheffield if at all possible.

• Like 1

Before Neil was the promoter at Sheffield, he was a fan. I cannot believe that he would do anything else but what is best for Sheffield if at all possible.

I hope so, but for the problem is this, is there anyone out there that really wants to spend money on buying a speedway team.

I was surprised at Neil's press release, was hoping for better news. Neil is very good business man with sound advisor's. Hopefully a buyer has been found and it is just the due diligence which can take a long time especially with business like this.

Not according to this:

http://www.lakesidehammers.co/content/?p=5068

His name has already been mentioned and rule out as he is not interested.

Why when there is a problem in regard to ownership of a track or there is rumour of a new one opening does the name of the much-respected Tony Mole always seem to surface. He is a great stalwart of speedway but obviously cannot be everywhere saving a track.