British Speedway Forum

Blimey and I thought the Brummies were staring into the abyss.

Gutted for the Peterborough fans, whatever you thought of their management, riders or resident troll on here (how long before Hougaard Racing defects to Poole ?), the place was a proper speedway track that would be sorely missed while the Arlington Triangle carries on.

Hopefully you find a buyer and return to the PL, the EL can always be returned to later, ensuring you have a club is the priority.

• Like 1

Hard to know what to say about a sport that is in such a mess that Peterborough has come to this.

I would say the Promotion does have a bit of a 'silly buggers' reputation and does play games but

even for them this is extreme.

My hopes are with you Pathers fans. This is when we are all, rivalry aside, fans of a sport on its knees

and it isn't at all good to see.

• Like 1

Nice of Frost just to pull out and close us down without giving someone else the opportunity to take us over..He will be now known as the man who brought Peterborough speedway to an end after over 30 odd years of speedway. I admired what he stood for but if this is the result he has took it to far and obviously didnt give the fans a thought...which is confirmed even more by not even announcing it on the clubs website.

,lets face it if we can only get 700 thro the gate with a not so elite league what chance has he got of getting more thro the gate with the new set up, cant say I blame him , watching n.l riders wobbling around a grippy showground wont get people thro the gates

Very upset to see Peterborough not able to compete, sad times for their fans and speedway in general.

Hope someone can come in next year possibly after a year of change in the EL.

Time for real speedway fans to stick together and to support young British riders for they are the only way out of the mess we are now in.

• Like 1

I think it brings home how many clubs were having issues behind the scenes, only Brum & Swindon's issues went public, but that was/is the tip of the iceberg.

• Like 1

Blimey and I thought the Brummies were staring into the abyss.

Gutted for the Peterborough fans, whatever you thought of their management, riders or resident troll on here (how long before Hougaard Racing defects to Poole ?), the place was a proper speedway track that would be sorely missed while the Arlington Triangle carries on.

Not only has Peterborough gone but EL fans have a visit to Beaumont Park to look forward to, the track with only one redeeming feature, it'll sort out your insomnia.

• Like 1

So will Jim Lynch return as a possible saviour for the Panthers??!!

Cant see it happening as premier league seems settled with 12 teams.

Except that each club will have more matches than just meeting each other home and away once, so Peterborough could fit into those extra fixtures, it hasn't been specified what will happen to the fixtures if Panthers don't race.

I hope we go PL and have a top 2 of Dakota North and Taylor Poole

I hope you go full stop!

Don't be suprised if Bjerre jumps ship to Leicester, Then look at somebody like MJJ who won't jump ship and he will sink with it.

Edited by Hougaard Racing Fans

I hope you go full stop!

Really, any need ?.

I think he can be a twit too, but there's more to Boro than him.

• Like 2

Really, any need ?.

I hope, think he meant go premier league, not necessarily with HRF'S top two of South & Lakeside!!

I think he can be a twit too, but there's more to Boro than him.

Well i am gutted..........Sorry carn't say anything else............

Feel for you mate, Let's just concentrate our efforts on POSH!

I think Darren and the lads have a good chance of promotion this season.