British Speedway Forum

Hope to see the Panthers at Foxhall in the PL.

• Like 2

Hope to see the Panthers at Foxhall in the PL.

Bach, Bjerre, North, Ostergaard and Vissing would be a decent top five, but what hat would I wear.... :D

• Like 1

Bach

Poole

North

Vissing

Lasse

and 2 others would clear up in the premier IMO, but sadly..... wont see it.

Very saddened to hear of the Panthers withdrawal from the EL especially after the substantial investment made by Rick Frost and his team. I truly hope that new buyers can be found ASAP and the Panthers can take to the track once more, hopefully sooner rather than later.

• Like 4

Feel sorry for all the Loyal P'Boro fans, but basically the crowds were not there, and Frost can't keep digging holes and finding money. Its going to catch up sometime..

The crowds were not there because of an awful fixture list for starters which was never really addressed. A return to some Friday meetings was seen as a solution when it was never going to be unless it was weekly. Despite an embarrassment of richies we continued to put out inadequate sides, and as the local rag says "they have not enjoyed success on the track. Panthers have made the play-offs only once - in 2010 - during their reign." - that isn't going to entice anyone in but neither is the dogs dinner the 2013 AGM has served up so one can understand that part of their logic if not much else.

Edited by Crump99

Let's hope that a new promoter will be found quick and that the bleeding Boro fans will come out and support their team! They could do with the Showground helping them out a little more and NOT charging for the car park!

• Like 1

The crowds were not there because of an awful fixture list for starters which was never really addressed. A return to some Friday meetings was seen as a solution when it was never going to be unless it was weekly. Despite an embarrassment of richies we continued to put out inadequate sides out, and as the local rag says "they have not enjoyed success on the track. Panthers have made the play-offs only once - in 2010 - during their reign." - that isn't going to entice anyone in but neither is the dogs dinner the 2013 AGM has served up so one can understand that part of their logic if not much else.

Tend to agree with Crump 99, the fixture list has caused issues the last 5 or 6 seasons. Speedway fans still have a life and other commitments, it is hard when you get Monday then a Friday then a Wednesday then a Thursday etc.

Thing is even if they had dropped down that would not solve the fixture list.

It must be that Frost was not happy with points limit....

I have just had an Email from Julie, who says it was a very difficult decision to make, and she is feeling very sad about

it all.......................

I still think there is more to it than financial reasons, only a couple of weeks ago our local paper reported that finances was not a problem to the frosts and crowds had increased. Now it's all different, if they wanted to walk away, why not put it up for sale like Machin has done with Sheffield, not just say we are shutting down with no warning.

Not only has Peterborough gone but EL fans have a visit to Beaumont Park to look forward to, the track with only one redeeming feature, it'll sort out your insomnia.

Why do you have to quantify a sad day for the panthers with a cheap dig at Leicester.........how low can you go.

In six months' time the Panthers' fans could be enjoying the Premier League, relieved that they are well away from the Elite League. Let's hope so, eh?

• Like 2

I still think there is more to it than financial reasons, only a couple of weeks ago our local paper reported that finances was not a problem to the frosts and crowds had increased. Now it's all different, if they wanted to walk away, why not put it up for sale like Machin has done with Sheffield, not just say we are shutting down with no warning.

It was reasonably positive a couple of weeks ago so I tend to agree. I suspect that the doors were locked this time and our last bargaining tool was that if you go with that then we'll close Peterborough down. The BSPA saw it as an opportunity and called our bluff.

You can't keep sinking £150k a season into the club, it just couldn't sustain itself as a top flight club. Sad day.

Interesting article on the speedwaygb site http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.23194

"If we are running..." - that's the biggest hint I've heard that Panthers might not be. Would be a shame if they weren't running.

There was a big hint in this article but still a shame that it's happened. Never really "got" Rick Frost I'm afraid and will always be remembered as one of the ones who nearly killed British speedway in 2010 and now he has done it to Peterborough in 2013. I do hope that someone comes in as we need all the clubs to survive - sad day indeed.

• Like 1