British Speedway Forum

I hate the P'boro Panthers with a passion and some of the fans are well aware of those feelings :lol:

One thing is for certain I don't hate the supporters and no I don't want the club to close because I love the abuse, giving and taking. These fans don't deserve losing their speedway. These are real people, with real passion and the one's feeling the hurt are the supporters that did turn up most weeks.

P'boro are an EL club and this thread rightly, should remain in the EL section right the way up to March 1st unless something is sorted before hand.

I get banter but there is real spite going on, like WTF. If people don't want this thread in the EL section, why the f.i.h are you reading and posting on it?????? I'm amazed some Cat fans have remained so calm because I know I wouldn't be able to if it happened to King's Lynn.

It's probably embarrassing for the P'boro fans having a Starts fan stick up for them so I'll leave it there :lol:

• Like 6

I hate the P'boro Panthers with a passion and some of the fans are well aware of those feelings :lol:

One thing is for certain I don't hate the supporters and no I don't want the club to close because I love the abuse, giving and taking. These fans don't deserve losing their speedway. These are real people, with real passion and the one's feeling the hurt are the supporters that did turn up most weeks.

P'boro are an EL club and this thread rightly, should remain in the EL section right the way up to March 1st unless something is sorted before hand.

I get banter but there is real spite going on, like WTF. If people don't want this thread in the EL section, why the f.i.h are you reading and posting on it?????? I'm amazed some Cat fans have remained so calm because I know I wouldn't be able to if it happened to King's Lynn.

It's probably embarrassing for the P'boro fans having a Starts fan stick up for them so I'll leave it there :lol:

To be fair some of the Panthers fans are decent , it is just some that appear to want to spoil it for the decent few.

Can we all just get along. :wink:

Do not see the big deal with our thread being here tbh it is no different to people talking about Holder or Lindgren, they will not be in the Elite League either.

I think everyone wants some news, fingers crossed we get new owners, run in the PL, then by all means have a thread in PL Section.

As it stands at the moment let's all just have healthy debates. :t:

Thanks for not quoting the Chuckle Brothers posts folks, it's the time when ignore is most effective :t:

Thanks for not quoting the Chuckle Brothers posts folks, it's the time when ignore is most effective :t:

bless, thanks for reading it.

Its so annoying and frustrating, that the track and facilities are there to be used, but that a City as big as Peterborough can't supply enough support to encourage a new promoter to take a chance.

That's 3 on this page alone, looks like we've lost the resident mentalist but gained an alternative (btw, you're on ignore so I've no idea what you've said, alopogies if it's something interesting and/or pleasant that'd be a first!).

On a positive note, I'll promote your club for you on our thread:

2014 SEASON TICKETS (Early Bird Offer)
(Available until January 15, 2014)

Adult - £250
Concession - £180
Junior (aged 12-16) - £60
Children (aged 6-11) - £10

NB: Two passport size photos must be submitted with each application
Season Tickets admit holder to all Wolverhampton Speedway team events. Any additional meetings at discretion of Wolverhampton Speedway.

2013 ADMISSION PRICES
(SAME AS 2012 PRICES)
Adults - £17
Concessions* - £12
* Students/senior citizens(over 60)
Junior (Age 12 to 16 incl) - £5
Child (age 6 to 11 incl) - £1
Children 5 and under admitted - FREE

Programme £ 2.50

Car Parking Free

If you require further information please e-mail: info@wolverhamptonwolves.co

Edited by Crump99

Its so annoying and frustrating, that the track and facilities are there to be used, but that a City as big as Peterborough can't supply enough support to encourage a new promoter to take a chance.

Very few locals these days with any attachment to the city and what it has provides. That process has been going on since New Town status was granted in the 60s to local schools now speaking 20+ languages. As long as Panthers have existed tbh which is why Frost was wrong IMHO to not keep Bratley on board. Bratters is from Peterborough and knows how the city & EoES works (oh, and BSPA). Anyone interested in the club could do worse than sound him out.

Edited by Crump99

Has the resident busybody now found God?......Because he seems to be preaching and patronisingly blessing people more of late.

On a far more important point; I've still got my fingers crossed for the Panthers to continue, otherwise it will be a massive loss to British speedway.

Edited by Poole Quay 7

To be fair some of the Panthers fans are decent , it is just some that appear to want to spoil it for the decent few.

Can be said about every club in the country and Wolverhampton is no different.

Try reading what it actually says and not what you think it says! It's not a pop at anyone and if you don't want to read my posts - put me on ignore! Feel sorry for what? Having an opinion? Isn't that what this forum is about. I do hope you move soon then I wouldn't have to put up with your pompous posts and you wouldn't feel the need to comment on mine!

You're so funny!

I doubt many can understand the obsession or need to move the Panthers 2014 thread, perhaps if you or those with a like mind were to articulate where it should go, a better fit, then the mods could action and we'd all understand. Until you do so we can only guess at the motive.

Mark Plummer on his twitter, said a couple of hrs ago, could be some news on-line about the sale of Peterborough Panthers

he has had a chat with Julie.... Come on Panthers fans , lets hope for some good news...

• Like 1

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/speedway-news/panthers-latest-outgoing-owners-getting-close-to-a-sale-1-5727503

Panthers latest: Outgoing owners ‘getting close’ to a sale
468013626.jpg

Speedway news from the Peterborough Telegraph - peterboroughtoday.co.uk, @peterboroughtel on Twitter

Published on the 04 December

A front-runner has emerged in the race to save Peterborough Panthers speedway club.

Outgoing co-owner Julie Mahoney revealed the latest development to www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk this morning (December 4).

The city club is currently closed after Mahoney and fellow chief Rick Frost pulled out of the Elite League ahead of the sport’s annual meeting last month.

Five parties have since declared an interest in reviving Panthers at Premier League level with one of those now seemingly in the driving seat to thrash out a purchase.

Mahoney said: “We are at a point where we are getting close to finalising a deal.

“It is looking promising, but that is really as much as I can say at the moment as nothing is signed and sealed.

“We have had what I would call advanced discussions with more than one party.

“A couple of the parties that were initially interested have now dropped out of the running.”

Mahoney again declined to reveal the identity of the club’s potential suitors due to confidentiality agreements being in place.

It is understood that the British Speedway Promoters’ Association will allow until January for a deal to be struck so that the club can race on in 2014, but Mahoney again stressed that she hopes any sale can be completed quickly.

She added: “We are in a situation where speed is of the essence as any new owner would want as long as possible to put a team together.”

• Like 3

Are you Plummer's Gofer.

After reading that report, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. It ain't over until someone says it's completely over and a no go! Keep the faith all! :)

Edited by em1500uk
  • Like 1