British Speedway Forum

NO the Broadband stays - my kids would lynch me if their access to 'you Tube' and 'World of WarCraft' disappeared.

The kids have been taken to Peterborough - Ryan from 3 months Old - he turns 17 Tuesday, Alex has been going since 1 month old she's 9 and a half.

In terms of the other comments about "Local Track" - Peterborough was never our local track - Coventry is nearer and easier to get to - No never going to consider going to speedway at Coventry (or anywhere else). Ryan gave up Speedway a while ago as teenager he prefers battling trolls and orcs in World of Warcraft these days.

If Peterborough go Premier we will continue to follow them - ironically probably spend more time and money - as last time they were in an equivalent league we followed them home and away - one year visited every track in the country.

What we would miss most about the Speedway are the people - friends we meet every week, the banter, the texts and e-mails during the closed season etc.

Terry

With the total balls up they've now made of the EL I predict a few more in a similar situation very soon. Then when it goes to one league the season after all teams will be in the right forum section, that'll please a few.

Are you sure Hodgy? I've read this on here: "for what could be the best/closest EL for many a year." - it was a Belle Vue fan though who must be pleased that the best league speedway Britain can offer is finally running at a level they feel comfortable, also must be happy at the payback for assisting Poole to win last year's runners up competition :)

Edited by Crump99

Are you sure Hodgy? I've read this on here: "for what could be the best/closest EL for many a year." - it was a Belle Vue fan though who must be pleased that best league speedway Britain can offer is finally running at a level they fell comfortable, also must be happy at the payback for assisting Poole to win last year's runners up competition :)

Very sure. For years the EL has pandered to the weaker clubs (with good intent) which has now resulted in this new shambolic set up of two separate meetings in one. It doesn't matter how close it looks now - after a few weeks manipulation of the rules predictions will become clearer. I have often stated any speedway is better than none, but to be honest if Peterborough were still in this Elite League I doubt I would have been a regular - as I have been for many years.

• Like 2

Very sure. For years the EL has pandered to the weaker clubs (with good intent) which has now resulted in this new shambolic set up of two separate meetings in one. It doesn't matter how close it looks now - after a few weeks manipulation of the rules predictions will become clearer. I have often stated any speedway is better than none, but to be honest if Peterborough were still in this Elite League I doubt I would have been a regular - as I have been for many years.

Don't think that you're alone in thinking like that. At least with more though you'd have been able to really pick and choose your meetings, although picking the good is going to be tough this season.

I have never felt less interested in Speedway. It is a million miles from the sport I once knew. The continual watering down has resulted not only in a product unfit for purpose but is also largely responsible for the total absence of any british riders of quality. I do not regard Tai as British and I suspect neither does he.

I have never felt less interested in Speedway. It is a million miles from the sport I once knew. The continual watering down has resulted not only in a product unfit for purpose but is also largely responsible for the total absence of any british riders of quality. I do not regard Tai as British and I suspect neither does he.

You can regard whatever you want but the fact is - he's British! :rolleyes:

Your other points are valid though

• Like 2

Apologies if this has already been said on here - don't have time to go through the thread........but.....

IF a promoter/s rode into town, took over and started a PL side, here are some riders of possible interest ---

Magnus Karlsson, Lasse Bjerre, Kauko Nieminen, Dakota North, Robert Lambert, Lewis Blackbird, Alex Edberg;

OK, so maybe they won't fit into the 42 points limit (i've not done the averages calculations) and some of them wouldn't be available, it's just a bit of idle speculating!

Put Glyn Taylor in as team manager and well, it looks a bit like Leicester Lions 2013 with a few others with "local" connections added-in.

May even lure away from Leicester those for whom Elite League isn't their cup of tea?

Apologies if this has already been said on here - don't have time to go through the thread........but.....

IF a promoter/s rode into town, took over and started a PL side, here are some riders of possible interest ---

Magnus Karlsson, Lasse Bjerre, Kauko Nieminen, Dakota North, Robert Lambert, Lewis Blackbird, Alex Edberg;

OK, so maybe they won't fit into the 42 points limit (i've not done the averages calculations) and some of them wouldn't be available, it's just a bit of idle speculating!

Put Glyn Taylor in as team manager and well, it looks a bit like Leicester Lions 2013 with a few others with "local" connections added-in.

May even lure away from Leicester those for whom Elite League isn't their cup of tea?

You're not the origal Big Al are you, now batting for the enemy?

If someone with a shedload of cash came forward in the next few weeks then the best sides are often those that pick up what's availabe at the end.

I do not regard Tai as British and I suspect neither does he.

And neither does anyone regard this post as having any validity.

He CAN choose, and he has clearly made his choice.

What you suspect matters very little, because it has no merit.

• Like 1

You're not the origal Big Al are you, now batting for the enemy?

If someone with a shedload of cash came forward in the next few weeks then the best sides are often those that pick up what's availabe at the end.

No he isn't and no I'm not...I just sit here and read the drivel..yourself excluded from that...I remember the good days when a bit of banter was the norm but on here it gets nasty and personal and a lot of the time nothing to with the sport but about the poster...you know me I could wind up with the best of them but nothing personal....as far as I remember...Hehe...but I am getting on a bit now mate...Bratters was the best to wind up eh...loved it...but it's best to sit and read the crap on here now cos I would be banned in a day for my replies to some of the idiots on here...I sincerely hope Panthers are saved and go into the PL...knowing the way they work at Panthers nothing will be announced until the deal is done and the main riders are signed up, and because of the amount of time that has elapsed since the announcement that there were buyers in the pipeline, I suspect that is what is happening..I think that's enough from me and by the way its about time you got a spell checker mate..don't expect a reply any time soon though cos this one has worn me out...Lol...PS.. notice I had to change my name to Little...blooming cheek of the man...

No he isn't and no I'm not...I just sit here and read the drivel..yourself excluded from that...I remember the good days when a bit of banter was the norm but on here it gets nasty and personal and a lot of the time nothing to with the sport but about the poster...you know me I could wind up with the best of them but nothing personal....as far as I remember...Hehe...but I am getting on a bit now mate...Bratters was the best to wind up eh...loved it...but it's best to sit and read the crap on here now cos I would be banned in a day for my replies to some of the idiots on here...I sincerely hope Panthers are saved and go into the PL...knowing the way they work at Panthers nothing will be announced until the deal is done and the main riders are signed up, and because of the amount of time that has elapsed since the announcement that there were buyers in the pipeline, I suspect that is what is happening..I think that's enough from me and by the way its about time you got a spell checker mate..don't expect a reply any time soon though cos this one has worn me out...Lol...PS.. notice I had to change my name to Little...blooming cheek of the man...

I could change to Bix Biederbecke......

Good to see that you've mellowed in your old age. Spell checker, cheeky git!

And neither does anyone regard this post as having any validity.

He CAN choose, and he has clearly made his choice.

What you suspect matters very little, because it has no merit.

You have to be in awe of stevebrum do you not?. His sparkling wit, incisive use of English and his evident eruditeness leaves me totally dumbfounded..

Edited by wealdstone

But a proud Brit and proud of our British World Champion.

Loving your use of the English language - Never seen Brum and Sparkling spelled in such a precise way.

But a proud Brit and proud of our British World Champion.

Loving your use of the English language - Never seen Brum and Sparkling spelled in such a precise way.

I must let him have his moment. My spelling was as pointed out wrong due of course to a typing blip and a myopic condition and has now been put right. But as I say it would be churlish to take that away.

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 1