British Speedway Forum

Gutted to say the least. Maybe it was the increase in fixtures? Frost and Mahoney were losing £100,000 at 28 meetings.

Best track in the UK and wont even have a team there, brilliant. Good bye Speedway. :(

• Like 1

Quote from Harkess on BSPA website -

“All is not lost as there is an opportunity for new owners to consider purchasing Peterborough, and we have left the door ajar for the club to participate in British Speedway.

So does this mean if by sheer luck a new owner came forward then Premier League?

Edited by Warren2

Frost wanted to spend more and increase the points limit IMO.

Can't blame him for walking, he's prob done plenty in cold blood in the short tenure at the club

Shame for all concerned

• Like 1

As a Kings Lynn fan I,m saddened by the news as a regular at Pboro this is bad news for speedway we don't need any track closing I just hope a new owner can be found as if speedway ends it will never re open at the Showground - this is a very sad day .

• Like 1

Cant see it happening as premier league seems settled with 12 teams.

True, makes you think even if somebody does show an interest it will not be until 2015 season.

It's over, Nobody is buying the club

Stop being so negative , somebody may think that PL Panthers is viable & step in . Forget about bloody MJJ & try to be a little more positive about the future , its only November , its a long way til march !!!!!!!!!!!

As a Brummie fan I know how devastating it is to lose your team.I sincerely hope you get a new owner asap for a great racing strip. I also hope that we don't follow soon.

What a hell of a pity, feel sorry for all of the Peterborough fans, just hope someone comes forward.

• Like 1

Nice of Frost just to pull out and close us down without giving someone else the opportunity to take us over which I think would have happened when we was a registered Elite league side..Its too late now and He will be now known as the man who brought Peterborough speedway to an end after over 40 odd years of speedway. I admired what he stood for but if this is the result he has took it too far and obviously didnt give the fans a thought as we are now without anything...which is confirmed even more by not even bothering to announce it on the clubs website..I've had a crap weekend and this has just put the nail in the coffin..Gutted.

Edited by posh panther