British Speedway Forum

Great news that the Panthers have been saved.Why hasn't the thread been moved to the PL yet??

Great news and goodbye in one post. It's no wonder you pi$$ people off.

• Like 4

Wherever this thread is there is a growing suspicion that it was never the intention to close down Panthers, but to drop into Premier League. This way it looks like Panthers have been saved the other way looked like a demotion.

An interesting conspiracy theory but 100% untrue!

Edited by NeilWatson

Why hasn't the thread been moved to the PL yet??

Breaking News; Moderators rule the thread stays in the EL section to discuss Panthers return to the Elite League by 2020.

Apparently Stevebrum made a BSPA style approach (behind the scenes and illegal?? Only joking!!) to ensure the thread remained so he could continue to enhance his loving and caring reputation with Speedway fans worldwide.

love to see a Peterborough NL side..there's still time

This won't happen in 2014, but is certainly something we would be keen to do in the future - let's get the PL sorted first :-)

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 2

No hope of a swift return to Elite League then!!!

Why go back to what is now, a more expensive, poorer standard league with limited variation of teams ,part time star riders and complex rules that keep getting re-interpreted to suit certain "Key" Teams.

Think the only Elite thing about it will be the "Entrance Price".

Can't be that Elite if Sky no longer want to sponsor it.

Tel

• Like 2

Why go back to what is now, a more expensive, poorer standard league with limited variation of teams ,part time star riders and complex rules that keep getting re-interpreted to suit certain "Key" Teams.

Think the only Elite thing about it will be the "Entrance Price".

Can't be that Elite if Sky no longer want to sponsor it.

Tel

Because, Tel, if it ever does get it's act together then that's what we were told:

Trevor Swales has insisted the city club will never contemplate competing at anything other than the highest level of British speedway.

The EL 2014 is the highest level in name but PL looks the better option for a season.

Breaking News; Moderators rule the thread stays in the EL section to discuss Panthers return to the Elite League by 2020.

That is an unexpected development from the BSF moderators. How do we/they know that six years hence the league structure will still have an Elite League?

But good luck to Peterborough. It's great to see them continuing to be active in 2014 - albeit in the Premier League.

No hope of a swift return to Elite League then!!!

Might be worth having a look at how the '71.4%EL,28.6%NL' works before even contemplating a return to the 'higher' level.

Edited by Barney Rabbit

Hi Trev

Sorry can't get Quote to work on the forum - paste and ctr-V also does not work!! :cry:

Peterborough going PL has actually re-energised our interest in the sport - as can be evidenced by me powering up the keyboard again!!

In all the years the Elite League has been running - they have never got their act together - unless the whole of the self interest old guard is kicked out can't ever see them getting their act together.

I've know you long enough to know that you "don't believe what they tell you" !!! :rofl:

And as for Trevor's quote he is obviously not a James Bond fan "Never say Never again" springs to mind.

Have a happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year and I do hope our paths cross in 2014

Terry

C'monTel, the second half of the season was superb, with a top quality team, excellent racers circuit that was well prepared with shale, and a team manager who knew what he was doing. All too positive for the Rugby brigade that was and to top that Poole nearly missed out! I'm not convinced that going backwards is progress and enthusing - I've not bought into that as yet Tel

The EL 2014 does look like Mickey Mouse on the Hahnenkamm as per usual so a temporary break is good at this time.

"Have a happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year and I do hope our paths cross in 2014" :t:

Edited by Crump99

Does anything actually register in that head of yours? I would try to explain yet again but you're the Gareth Keenan of the BSF. The sensible people's team leader which is like making the div kid milk monitor!

Bless, you nearly make me laugh sometimes. Dont forget to read this now wont you. LMFAO.

Apparently Stevebrum made a BSPA style approach (behind the scenes and illegal?? Only joking!!) to ensure the thread remained so he could continue to enhance his loving and caring reputation with Speedway fans worldwide.

LOL ;-)

Bless, you nearly make me laugh sometimes. Dont forget to read this now wont you. LMFAO.

LOL ;-)

I would ask for a smack on head smiley but fortunately our work is just about done here, temporarily hopefully. Pray God you don't frequent the PL section :rolleyes:

Before you finally leave the Elite League section - may I wish all the Panthers fans a Merry Christmas and I hope it all works out for you in 2014. :cheers:

• Like 1

Before you finally leave the Elite League section - may I wish all the Panthers fans a Merry Christmas and I hope it all works out for you in 2014. :cheers:

:t:

• Like 1