British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees 2014

I don't know why some of the BSPA management committee were'nt at the stadium at least by Sunday lunchtime as it was their show.

Or maybe encourging we will see speedway at Brandon for this season at least?

Bomber said maybe, once Mick's calmed down.. ;) Wayne Roberts suggests that they need a mediator and mentioned it should be good old John Clarke. That guy must wonder why he bothers sometimes!

• Like 4

I don't know why some of the BSPA management committee were'nt at the stadium at least by Sunday lunchtime as it was their show.

They should be there in the morning was that not the case?

Bomber said maybe, once Mick's calmed down.. ;) Wayne Roberts suggests that they need a mediator and mentioned it should be good old John Clarke. That guy must wonder why he bothers sometimes!

If he wants a day off I will offer to bang some heads together.

• Like 1

They should be there in the morning was that not the case?

Definitely they should have been there in the morning, even if it's just to make sure the local promoter is on the ball, you don't have an important meeting like that going out on TV without checking that everything is running smoothly.

Edited by Team Man

First and foremost this has to be an horrendous feeling for Bees fans. I genuinely feel your pain. Good luck guys

• Like 8

I'm still trying to understand why the accountant was the representative for Coventry Stadium? WTF!!

Thing's just don't add up.............

• Like 4

I'm still trying to understand why the accountant was the representative for Coventry Stadium? WTF!!

Thing's just don't add up.............

I wondered that aswell.

Seems to be issues with our future near on every season now. Beginning to lose interest now. Just glad I never bought a season ticket.

Looks like Coventry are going to track share with Leicester. Terrible way to treat the paying fans.

Where does that leave people with season tickets?

Why can't they work together to make the track racable?

Really, is that what was suggested?

Seriously looks like both parties are throwing their toys out the pram. Thought those days were behind the Coventry promotion. :wink:

It is poor for the fans to have this hanging over their heads as well as all the 3 year lease issue as well.

Needs some swift professional action.

• Like 1

Does all this not appear to equate itself with Coventry City FC anonymous people making statements which don't mean anything. I think we are in trouble, the stadium management the BSPA are very much there to be criticised about Sundays debacle, Mick Horton and gang were certainly to blame for the presentation for the National League match on a Friday night. I now fear for the future particularly the statement from Jeremy Heaver. I must say that Mick Horton blaming the woes on Stock Car racing is difficult to understand when he decided to run the Christmas a Cracker meeting four days after a Stock car meeting, that takes some understanding, as we know it didn't happen (Speedway that is). It's three months since that last stock car I don't know who us responsible but it needs some sense into the situation very quickly. Oh how could thus have happened in the days of Charles Ochiltree (Mr Speedway) now it's more like Dads Army, no professionalism, no precision, no atmosphere, just stand (sit) on a cold night and wait 25 minutes to see what happens next. Pathetic!!.

now it's more like Dads Army, no professionalism, no precision, no atmosphere, just stand (sit) on a cold night and wait 25 minutes to see what happens next. Pathetic!!.

and even the DJ, who offered one spark in the presentation, has gone!

• Like 1

Wet weather during the night and more forecast so think it will be a miracle if track near sorted for Friday.

Fans should have been looking forward to the start of the season now, not worrying about it and where we will race.

Apart from today the forecast is quite favourable and under normal circumstances the track should be ok for Friday. After today its only isolated pockets of rain and Friday itself is dry. Get the track raceable on Friday, cancel the NL meeting on the 4th then it will give them 2 weeks to get it spot on for the season.

• Like 4