British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees 2014

I'd rather not speculate or make choices until we know the make up of the league and the points limit. I would hope the team manager will be history very soon, preferably before the weekend!

Dear lord. You'd think I was asking you to divulge state secrets... :blink::D

Fair enough. I look forward to seeing your thoughts....................

Can see the team looking something like this if it will fit

1, Nicholls

2, Zengota

3, Harris

4, Fisher

5, Sundstrom

6, Dyer

7, Summers

• Like 1

1, Nicholls

2, Zengota

3, Harris

4, Fisher

5, Sundstrom

6, Dyer

7, Summers

Wouldnt mind any of those with the exception of Dyer

Wouldnt mind any of those with the exception of Dyer

Dyer will be fine - as its the Premier League!! :D Assuming he can be talked into coming back next year??!!

Edited by Skidder1

1, Nicholls

2, Zengota

3, Harris

4, Fisher

5, Sundstrom

6, Dyer

7, Summers

Hope not. Isnt this a case of same old same old. I still dont believe Nicholls and Harris get on either whatever they may say, not good for team spirit.

I don't honestly think it would have taken Mystic Meg or any other psychic to twig that the team was going nowhere from the off. Nicholls belonged to another (golden) era for Bees and it never felt quite right to have him back, Kasprzak was unproved as a No1 and flaked from the start. Zengota was a risk as a third heat leader coming back from a big injury, but performed creditably at home; his weakness was on many of the away tracks. The much needed engine room stability that a Kenni Larsen type might have provided was sorely missing in middle order and instead we were given two Bees at the end of their careers who rode for us in the last decade, Summers was mercurial and couldn't be relied on. Roynon was a huge risk with his fitness doubt and so it proved. The two Panik brothers? At least one of them made an effort, though failing to match the potential shown from the year before.

And the team manager, well what can you say other than that I've never known such an unpopular one in all the years I've been supporting.

What was really missing was proper racers to provide some spark and excitement..for that we had to wait for the likes of Kylmakorpi to visit. And the away matches were just embarrassing, and a total waste of petrol money, time after time.

In short, thank gold it's over!

God this post is bang on in every respect couldn't agree more......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

1, Nicholls

2, Zengota

3, Harris

4, Fisher

5, Sundstrom

6, Dyer

7, Summers

That comes in at around 41.85 using BSPA averages. I can't see the points limit being that high myself.

I also agree with Had about Nicholls and Harris. I don't think they work well together either and think it's time to move on and look elsewhere. However, you can't deny on an average of 6.82 Harris looks a steal in a weaker league. That said, there is no doubt his average has been sliding since 2010 and there is nothing to say that will not be the case in 2014.

Certainly, if Harris returned I would let Nicholls go. In the same vein, I would not have Harris back if Nicholls was retained.

I have a feeling if Sundstrom comes to Brandon it might be with Harris going the other way. Either way, and despite his attractive average, I can't see Harris back at Birmingham next year. They have a massive amount of points to shed and irrespective of the success of the Brummies on the track, Harris's form has been a disappointment for them this year.

Personally, I still think every team needs a solid number 1. We were hoping to get this from KK this year but it did not happen. Assuming rules regarding GP riders are not changed, then if the likes of Lindgren, Holder or Ward were to be released from their clubs under a lower points limit, I would like us to move for one of them. Otherwise, perhaps, on the back of his dire season this year, Jonsson might be tempted to return.

Of course, it's so hard to make any kind of predictions until we know what the rules are going to be!

That comes in at around 41.85 using BSPA averages. I can't see the points limit being that high myself.

I also agree with Had about Nicholls and Harris. I don't think they work well together either and think it's time to move on and look elsewhere. However, you can't deny on an average of 6.82 Harris looks a steal in a weaker league. That said, there is no doubt his average has been sliding since 2010 and there is nothing to say that will not be the case in 2014.

Certainly, if Harris returned I would let Nicholls go. In the same vein, I would not have Harris back if Nicholls was retained.

I have a feeling if Sundstrom comes to Brandon it might be with Harris going the other way. Either way, and despite his attractive average, I can't see Harris back at Birmingham next year. They have a massive amount of points to shed and irrespective of the success of the Brummies on the track, Harris's form has been a disappointment for them this year.

Personally, I still think every team needs a solid number 1. We were hoping to get this from KK this year but it did not happen. Assuming rules regarding GP riders are not changed, then if the likes of Lindgren, Holder or Ward were to be released from their clubs under a lower points limit, I would like us to move for one of them. Otherwise, perhaps, on the back of his dire season this year, Jonsson might be tempted to return.

Of course, it's so hard to make any kind of predictions until we know what the rules are going to be!

Can you honestly see Ward or Holder riding for Horton? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dyer packing up as got a good job in Aussie and lost to much this year.

Prior to typing this , the thread isn't even on the first page. We are so irrelevant now even we are not interested in ourselves! Anyway how about Zagar, Harris, Zengota, Fisher, Summers, Milik (fantastic results in FIM events and still possibly on 4.00) and a sub 4.00 pointer at 7 (Eg Garrity). Would like Shamek but unrealistic. Based on lower points limit than present. Team manager Tatum, failing that Morris if available, Loram OR maybe Will Pottinger given how Dudley (and I know it's the third tier) have done or if he can fit it in Jan O. Pedersen.

Edited by tiberon
  • Like 2

think new manager is priority before team at the moment

I agree and lets hope Horton thinks the same.

• Like 1

Prior to typing this , the thread isn't even on the first page. We are so irrelevant now even we are not interested in ourselves! Anyway how about Zagar, Harris, Zengota, Fisher, Summers, Milik (fantastic results in FIM events and still possibly on 4.00) and a sub 4.00 pointer at 7 (Eg Garrity). Would like Shamek but unrealistic. Based on lower points limit than present. Team manager Tatum, failing that Morris if available, Loram OR maybe Will Pottinger given how Dudley (and I know it's the third tier) have done or if he can fit it in Jan O. Pedersen.

I like your team! Zagar could be a great No1 and Bomber, Zengota and Fisher has a championship look about it.

And you're right, no one seems to give a hoot about Coventry Bees these days..

Everybody had their stuffing knocked out of them Tuesday night....Think it will take a few days to recover...

• Like 3

Everybody had their stuffing knocked out of them Tuesday night....Think it will take a few days to recover...

I somehow doubt that "a few day to recover" will alter the situation at Brandon.

The problems there are much deeper rooted than that. :neutral: