British Speedway Forum
bennyr

Eastbourne 2014

Agree with your Sky comments Hackett and made the same points on the Sky thread! I'm not sure about an 'independent' chairman or body as I can't come up with anyone that would be truly independent AND have enough knowledge of the sport. Anyone brought in without substantial knowledge of speedway would only have to learn it from those that are already involved!!

For next season, no GP riders or no riders that are not based in UK has got to come in, in some form or other. GP riders don't want more meetings anyway - unless clubs share 2 riders for the number 1 position, but that won't reduce costs! -, its riders like Nicholls, Harris, Watt, Woodward et al that want more meaningful meetings with decent racing as well as most fans!!

Agree with your Sky comments Hackett and made the same points on the Sky thread! I'm not sure about an 'independent' chairman or body as I can't come up with anyone that would be truly independent AND have enough knowledge of the sport. Anyone brought in without substantial knowledge of speedway would only have to learn it from those that are already involved!!

For next season, no GP riders or no riders that are not based in UK has got to come in, in some form or other. GP riders don't want more meetings anyway - unless clubs share 2 riders for the number 1 position, but that won't reduce costs! -, its riders like Nicholls, Harris, Watt, Woodward et al that want more meaningful meetings with decent racing as well as most fans!!

It's certain teams who don't want more meetings

Wont be enough riders to go round if that comes in, and would probably contravene European employment laws...

If the average crowd is 700 then this isn't a top tier league club, I would imagine most PL teams get more fans I am afraid. Dudley will as well and Kent too.

The EL can't keep cost cutting to keep Eastbourne or even my team BV in the top league, if you can't get them through the gate, then tough.

If the average crowd is 700 then this isn't a top tier league club, I would imagine most PL teams get more fans I am afraid.

The tragedy is, they probably don't.

The tragedy is, they probably don't.

Well if you are right then every league is in big trouble. The EL can cut down to being a PL+, but teams struggling in the PL have nowhere to go

Anyway my prediction for the team next year is as follows

Bjarne Pedersen

Cameron Woodward

Kim Nilsson

Simon Gustafson

Mikkel Michelsen

Lukas Dryml

Timo Lahti

Bjarne Pedersen

Cameron Woodward

Kim Nilsson

Simon Gustafson

Mikkel Michelsen

Lukas Dryml

Timo Lahti

yes think you could be right :rolleyes: ....... it really needs a clear out of at least 3riders but cant see it happening

Bjarne Pedersen

Cameron Woodward

Kim Nilsson

Simon Gustafson

Mikkel Michelsen

Lukas Dryml

Timo Lahti

Is that around 38 points???

Is that around 38 points???

Probably around 35 after the first set of averages ;)

• Like 1

My Eagles team.

1. Matej Zagar

2. Timo Lahti

3. Joonas Kylmakoorpi

4. Lukas Dryml

5. Cameron Woodword

6. Simon Gustafsson

7. Mikkel Michelsen

Why are you sticking your nose in ? Piss off and leave this to the Eastbourne fans.

• Like 6

If we do run next season then it is quite clear that Bjarne will be back as no 1 judging by his comments but of course will depend on what Poole want to do, there is no way Zagar will be bought back to Eastbourne after his last stint at Eastbourne.

I would love to see Mikkel back at Eastbourne but know that due to his sponsors/Danish commitments he is under pressure not to sign for Eastbourne/UK club. Would def keep Cam and Kim as for the others would ditch everyone else and get new riders in. Personally I would like to have Richtie Worrall at Eastbourne.

Suspect however that Lewis would be back and maybe Joonas and Eddie K, Joonas would depend very much on how much he wants to focus on his long track ambitions and after seeing him race at Eastbourne the other week certainly would not want him back.

Also think that every team should be made to have a British rider in their team this year was the first time for a long time that we did not have a British rider in the side and we need to be looking after our own riders and not filling the team with oversea's riders.

Why are you sticking your nose in ? Piss off and leave this to the Eastbourne fans.

No matter what the topic is you will find he has to put his unwanted uninformed and quite useless input in to it.

Makes out he knows exactly what is going on but could probably count the amount of times he has been correct on one hand. He seems to think he is best mates with every promoter/rider and is told things before it becomes public but all he does is make himself look stupid but is too dense to realise what a laughing stock he is with everyone on here.

My Eagles team.

1. Matej Zagar

2. Timo Lahti

3. Joonas Kylmakoorpi

4. Lukas Dryml

5. Cameron Woodword

6. Simon Gustafsson

7. Mikkel Michelsen

Averaging 770 Supporters, would only pay for 3-4 of those riders, already lost a load more money next year.

You could be the unlucky ones, it might choose the Eagles to support next season. :rofl:

• Like 1