British Speedway Forum
bennyr

Eastbourne 2014

Seems strange as If I was the Eastie promotion he would have been the first to get singed up.

Ouch!

Seems strange as If I was the Eastie promotion he would have been the first to get singed up.

They can only do that if the rider lets them so this must mean he must be going elsewhere.

Maybe they are building up the signing but cant see him going to Poole - Maybe Wolves.

Why not Poole, POP?

Did MM ride enough matches to qualify as a Eastbourne asset ? If not I fear he will be Poole bound.

I believe Mikkelsen didn't ride enough meetings to become an Eastbourne asset however Eagles get first option on whether to use him. MM on the average has to be signed but in fairness the promotion know that and said the very same at back end of last season. Just depends if Danish sponsors & commitments etc allow him to ride Sat nights. All Eastbourne fans want him back.

With the riders already signed it would leave us with very little which includes the 1 that has not been announced yet. So cant see him coming to Poole.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 1

Personally I think that MM will be going to Wolves... Looks like Dryml will end up going back seeing as he has his own little fan club, yes great around Arlington but always goes missing when he's on the road. A popular things with Eastbourne squads over the last 4 or 5 seasons "travel-sickness"

I really do wonder how the Eagles fans feel sometimes? The same old riders year in year out? The same sort of standard each season? Do you not feel your side is stale?

The team so far doesn't look too inspiring to me, and unless you pull Michelsen out of the hat (my bet is he's at Poole), I can see a similar position in the league again.

• Like 2

I really do wonder how the Eagles fans feel sometimes? The same old riders year in year out? The same sort of standard each season? Do you not feel your side is stale?

You've not been on the Eastbourne thread for about 3 years then? ;-)
  • Like 1

The team so far doesn't look too inspiring to me, and unless you pull Michelsen out of the hat (my bet is he's at Poole), I can see a similar position in the league again.

Uninspired is the word...

I thought at the end of last season if we could build a team around Lahti, Michelsen and Kim things in the garden would start to look rosey...

We have five riders comfirmed, none of whom are Lahti, Michelsen or Kim !!

My box of last years mince pies less stale

• Like 1

It would be such a shame for Eastbourne to lose mm but doubly to another elite team.

You would think the promotion would realise the fans are bored of seeing the same old same old. It's ok when riders are improving but can't see much improvement so far

It would be such a shame for Eastbourne to lose mm but doubly to another elite team.

You would think the promotion would realise the fans are bored of seeing the same old same old. It's ok when riders are improving but can't see much improvement so far

• Like 1

Guest max316

Maybe the management didn't want to do a double announcement.A few days and we will know one way or the other.