British Speedway Forum

How much did sky pay to show speedway £90,000 ? That dosent sound a lot but I guess when you see what's on offer a fiver would have been too much. If it was £90 grand would that cover installing air or similar fences at all tracks ?

No totally wrong, i watch EL every week and the premier league is a better product.!

Have you been to Leicester yet? Watch the racing there every week and you might just change your mind about Premier League being a better product. The truth is neither is as there are usually good races and boring races in all matches whichever league it is.

• Like 4

How much did sky pay to show speedway £90,000 ? That dosent sound a lot but I guess when you see what's on offer a fiver would have been too much. If it was £90 grand would that cover installing air or similar fences at all tracks ?

I could well be wrong but I heard its 90k a club a year

Have you been to Leicester yet? Watch the racing there every week and you might just change your mind about Premier League being a better product. The truth is neither is as there are usually good races and boring races in all matches whichever league it is.

I think it is and i have been watching EL racing, British league from the first day i ever witnessed a meeting.

Firstly without the GP stars they're ent much difference in the standard if anything more predictable.Also the PL has a better variation of tracks and usually you get the same 1to 7 on a regular basis which to me is the most important thing.I can see what you are saying that you can see crap racing whatever level but the EL is in my opinion in deep trouble needs a total revamp.

Edited by sidney

I think it is and i have been watching EL racing, British league from the first day i ever witnessed a meeting.

Firstly without the GP stars they're ent much difference in the standard if anything more predictable.Also the PL has a better variation of tracks and usually you get the same 1to 7 on a regular basis which to me is the most important thing.I can see what you are saying that you can see crap racing whatever level but the EL is in my opinion in deep trouble needs a total revamp.

The Elite League NEEDS the Premier League to survive. You can't say that the Premier League needs the Elite League to survive - if it did - it would be dead!!!

• Like 2

ISN'T it time you donated your brain such as it is for medical science?

Every possibilty that the offer was rejected - simply not enough material for a worthwhile study!

ISN'T it time you donated your brain such as it is for medical science?

The kid made a fair point.

OK he did not make it politely but he doesn't deserve that. :o

He does actually come out with some sensible posts on surprisingly more occasions than most here (including me) would imagine and has shown on more than one occasion that he is not as daft as he sounds. :)

The Sky money has gone to subsidize the GP riders who are asking for silly money in order to subsidize their GP commitments due to the BSI's low pay structure.

The sooner Paul Bellamy and his stooge are driven out of the sport, The better.

A very fair point Crazy person :) Also wasted on flying in foreign riders who are not up to scratch and the obvious knock on effects that has on domestic riders wanting more money. It's a vicious cycle.

Edited by pandorum
  • Like 1

Pearson always tells us that its a good crowd at wolves when they are on the Telly, as this is a one sided stadium the crowd will always look bigger and better than most clubs that 3 or 4 sided stadiums, Peterborough always looks empty when there on the box.

Its a sad state of affairs in this day and age but its cheaper to sit at home and watch the speedway, with the price of fuel to get to a stadium and general costs when your in there.

We know for a fact that at Perry Barr the food and drink is cheaper for the dog racing than it is for the speedway, they even have offers of two for one for the dogs. It another case of rip off britian.

The Elite League NEEDS the Premier League to survive. You can't say that the Premier League needs the Elite League to survive - if it did - it would be dead!!!

What a silly statement!!!!!!

If the Elite League (top league) wasn't there, the premier league (2nd league) would then be the top league.....!!!!!

If the Elite League (top league) wasn't there, the premier league (2nd league) would then be the top league.....!!!!!

Just think about what I Posted for a moment. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Yes

Every possibilty that the offer was rejected - simply not enough material for a worthwhile study!

CERN may be able to use it? If its that small it maybe just the particle they are looking for :lol:

• Like 1

As TWK said you should take the time to actually read the posts before replying.

Got to agree with him there as the PL does reasonably well as a seperate entity and though having it's own problems seems to be run well enough.

Of course it could do with more homegrown riders and less imported tripe but it seems to me that the PL is the future of Brit speedway in more ways than the failed EL could ever be.

We need to get back to the days when a league meant everybody plays everybody else home and away with weekend speedway (yes I know the PL does weekends) and less reliance on over priced foreign imports and letting go of the idea of having the so called top riders milking our system to support their Polish and GP ambitions.

Let the EL idea go and start to rebuild speedway here using home grown talent and foreign riders who commit to our league.

Edited by pandorum
  • Like 5

The kid made a fair point.

OK he did not make it politely but he doesn't deserve that. :o

He does actually come out with some sensible posts on surprisingly more occasions than most here (including me) would imagine and has shown on more than one occasion that he is not as daft as he sounds. :)

A very fair point Crazy person :) Also wasted on flying in foreign riders who are not up to scratch and the obvious knock on effects that has on domestic riders wanting more money. It's a vicious cycle.

He has a point that they may ride in Britain to help pay for GP costs but BSI do not determine the pay structure the FIM do.