British Speedway Forum

Is that an intentional double negative?

No not at all. My info could be well if the mark. I don't know. But if it isn't then I'd be happy with the deal. Very happy

I heard from a well informed source in the cafe across the road that the deal requires there to be a clockwise race every 3 heats. Additionally if a team falls more than 10pts behind they can fire a water cannon at the away riders, but only head on down the straights for safety purposes.. of course they run the risk of shooting their own riders too so a level of skill is required. Team Managers only to operate the cannon. The shots from the CannonCam should be spectacular.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 4

Now what I heard, from my mate in his TARDIS is well done Poole!

Seriously though, what can the news be?

Will we pay for our tv speedway or won't we pay for our tv speedway.... thats about the crux of the matter? Pay to view channel or free to air channel..

I heard from a well informed source in the cafe across the road that the deal requires there to be a clockwise race every 3 heats. Additionally if a team falls more than 10pts behind they can fire a water cannon at the away riders, but only head on down the straights for safety purposes.. of course they run the risk of shooting their own riders too so a level of skill is required. Team Managers only to operate the cannon. The shots from the CannonCam should be spectacular.

and if the losing team riders are wearing snorkels when the water cannon makes a direct hit on the winning team all points are quadrupled!

By jove I think you've hit on a winning formula BW

Good old Speedway, the only sport where everyone competes to be in the know or to claim to know more thant the next person.....

That is ONLY for Elite League Teams isn't it?

Negotiations with SKY seem to concentrate on the Elite League at the expense of all others. This is despite the fact that MOST Premier League Meetings that have been shown were terrific Entertainment - unlike some Elite League Meetings.

But to be fair WK , Sky have to give the likes of Lakeside , Eastbourne and Belle Vue their share of airtime . Whereas with only a handful of PL meetings , they can avoid our duff tracks

Actually, the water cannon thingy is stupid, absolutely barmy and ridiculous! What has been agreed is halfway down the back straight will be 2 nominated riders from the team that is 7 points down. They will have 4 custard pies each, for each point they are behind, so 7 down, they get 56 custard pies to chuck at the oncoming leading teams riders....... 10 pts down its 80 pies and so on....

Much more sensible than Bwitchers crazy "its a knockout" water cannon mullarky!

Sky are really pleased with the 'pie chucking tactical throw" and are possibly going to give it a try at 2014 moto gp as well....

Hmm.. water cannons and custard pies? Does this mean that the rumour about a new 'special' tactical rider, who must ride clockwise whilst 3 opposing race clockwise & earns bonus points for the number of opponents knocked off during the 4 laps, is being shelved?

Hmm.. water cannons and custard pies? Does this mean that the rumour about a new 'special' tactical rider, who must ride clockwise whilst 3 opposing race clockwise & earns bonus points for the number of opponents knocked off during the 4 laps, is being shelved?

No, thats available from the minute you go behind, up until you go 7 behind, then the pie chucking kicks-in....

Actually, the water cannon thingy is stupid, absolutely barmy and ridiculous! What has been agreed is halfway down the back straight will be 2 nominated riders from the team that is 7 points down. They will have 4 custard pies each, for each point they are behind, so 7 down, they get 56 custard pies to chuck at the oncoming leading teams riders....... 10 pts down its 80 pies and so on....

Much more sensible than Bwitchers crazy "its a knockout" water cannon mullarky!

Sky are really pleased with the 'pie chucking tactical throw" and are possibly going to give it a try at 2014 moto gp as well....

If they promise to chuck Anderson's Pies at Berwick - I'll be there EVERY week. :t::approve:

I won't object to 'Double Pies' either. :t::rofl: :rofl:

• Like 2

If they promise to chuck Anderson's Pies at Berwick - I'll be there EVERY week. :t::approve:

I won't object to 'Double Pies' either. :t::rofl: :rofl:

Didn't you mean "Berwicks pies at Andersen" ??

No, thats available from the minute you go behind, up until you go 7 behind, then the pie chucking kicks-in....

You're confused Never too Old.

In an effort to keep it simple, it's as you say, clockwise rider once behind.. pie chucking from 7pts down (can be used unlimited times, but pies per heat are determined by pts behind as in Never to Olds post).

The Water cannon only kicks in at 10pts down and can only be used twice and must be operated by the team manager. Each team manager will be allocated an average, dependent upon his success rate with the cannon and this average will count towards team building in future years. They haven't announced how this average will be calculated yet, other than Neil Middleditch will be given a 0.00 average.

Edited to add:

The water cannon and ALL pies can only be purchased from Barry Briggs.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Didn't you mean "Berwicks pies at Andersen" ??

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :t::approve: :approve:

Did I spell it wrong? :unsure::blink:

I just hope it never comes to pay for view to watch speedway. I lost interest in the boxing on Sky when they allowed Box Nation to take over most of the boxing. It started free then domesday arrived and along came another £10 to watch it, no way was I going to pay another £10 it cost enough as it is.

So keep it free or the only speedway I will see is at mu local track.

We still get boxing but it is now down to every couple of weeks when they have something worth showing, that Mr.W has not got his hands on as a promoter. Saying that though, it seems more boxers are leaving him behind and going to other that will give them free to view so that they can get seen again.

I should hate that happening in Speedway as it would end up a complete shambles then.

So wwe should hear by Friday then hope it is worth the wait and we get something worth seeing.

Edited by weatherwatcher
  • Like 1

I just hope it never comes to pay for view to watch speedway. I lost interest in the boxing on Sky when they allowed - WHAT?????

Sorry - I edited your Post because I was curious. When they allowed what? :unsure:

Puzzled - Sunderland. :wink::o:rofl: :rofl: