British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

I agree. Why not have an end of season trophy for those top 4 teams.

Very few would agree though.

Because no one would be interested. It would be meaningless and gates would reflect this. The idea of the playoffs is to pack out the venues and this certainly works. A cup competition between 4 clubs would be a dead dog.

In my mind Poole were champions in 2010 amd 2012

Birmingham are this year.

Dont agree with the play offs but understand why they are there.

• Like 1

I am certainly NOT raining on Tai's parade. I think it's great he's WC, However, I believe Darcy is a better rider. Just my opinion. Did you believe that Pole in 1973, Jerzy Sczakiel,(sp) was a better rider than Mauger?

Not sure that's a valid comparison! Both are world class, not sure there is much between them or Sayfutdinov to be honest.

Edited by jimmy jimmy
  • Like 1

Did he have surgery on his ears too?

Yes. The surgery Tai had done on his ears was very similar to the surgery carried out on Starmans brain. :party:

• Like 4

Yes. The surgery Tai had done on his ears was very similar to the surgery carried out on Starmans brain. :party:

Thats a cracker, its da way you tell em... :rofl: Yawn..

You saw Woffinden around Lakeside this season guesting for the Hammers, If Ward was guesting instead of Tai... How many points would he had dropped?

1 or 2 at a maximum.

Ward is different gravy, Trust me.

I would say Darcy is probably the best rider in the world around Lakeside at the moment, but that is only one track. Judged over a variety of tracks its different ball game.

Not fair to judge Tai on single guest appearance at Lakeside this year when it was only matter of days after injuring his shoulder.

Bit of a futile argument to say who is best. Horses for courses, but as I said before Tai has jumped through all the hoops to claim the title, Darcy hasn't done so yet. Enjoy them both while you can.

I would say Darcy is probably the best rider in the world around Lakeside at the moment,

I would say Darcy is the best rider in the world round any track, as he will prove beyond no doubt next season, But then many would say, i would say that...

Darcy is a great rider, there is no doubt, but Tai is the current world champion, end of! In the past lots of great riders have never been world champ. That's a fact, not an opinion.

• Like 6

Darcy is a great rider, there is no doubt, but Tai is the current world champion, end of! In the past lots of great riders have never been world champ. That's a fact, not an opinion.

Leigh Adams springs to mind!

• Like 1

Leigh Adams springs to mind!

Indeed, never rode hard enough when it mattered. Think if he stayed a year or two more would of maybe won it.

In the past lots of great riders have never been world champ. That's a fact, not an opinion.

Very true. But Darcy has it all, and its in his own hands..

I would say Darcy is the best rider in the world round any track, as he will prove beyond no doubt next season, But then many would say, i would say that...

But he didn't this year and that is all that is important. Slow to start with some very low key scores and too much over riding prior to his injury. Whereas Tai was consistent in all leagues and GP`s. So Tai (with Emil a close 2nd) are the best 2 riders in the world this season.

Darcy needs that level of consistency and ability to finish off a GP, perhaps then he might be the better rider next year.

:t:

Try the Somerset threads. Your never complimentary about any of my posts on

Is anyone
  • Like 1

Someone check at see who beat each other the most when Darcy and Tai raced each other and then this debate will be put to bed! :D

Didn't Tai average more points per GP than Darcy? He even rode a few GPs while injured. Darcy will have to improve his gating on the world stage if he is to become World Champ.