British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

the leigh adams "best rider to never win title" was quoted on sky and appears to be taken by many people, but I think many many riders coud argue that point.....leigh was a dominant lge rider, but on the gp stage, im not that sure really

Agree with you first point, but will disagree with your second..

I didn't know you were a fortune teller as well.

the leigh adams "best rider to never win title" was quoted on sky and appears to be taken by many people, but I think many many riders coud argue that point.....leigh was a dominant lge rider, but on the gp stage, im not that sure really

Absoloute rubbish as look at Leigh's GP record & where he finished most seasons in fields that were miles better than the dross that get into it now.

Name me a rider who didn't win the World Title in GP history that was better than Leigh then in both the GP's & even League racing as I certainly can't think of any????????

Edited by Crazy robin
  • Like 4

If you can find a better world class rider than Leigh Adams who has never win the world title I will be stunned. Was top of averages all round Europe but was racing against high calibre of Rickardsson Crump and Pedersen not to mention the Gollobs Hancock and Hamills. Lots of one time winners Jan O . Jonsson. Havvy were at the time the same level as Adams. If anyone had another name as the best not to win I would like to hear it. And Poole fans Darcy isn't the best rider in the world so stop banging the drum. He may however be the best by the end if 2014 though

• Like 2

If you can find a better world class rider than Leigh Adams who has never win the world title I will be stunned. Was top of averages all round Europe but was racing against high calibre of Rickardsson Crump and Pedersen not to mention the Gollobs Hancock and Hamills. Lots of one time winners Jan O . Jonsson. Havvy were at the time the same level as Adams. If anyone had another name as the best not to win I would like to hear it. And Poole fans Darcy isn't the best rider in the world so stop banging the drum. He may however be the best by the end if 2014 though

Totally agree & the post from Colin was very poorly thought out really when you consider the quality of riders Leigh rode against but will wait for his reply with all the riders he thinks were better.

• Like 1

make up your mind....best rider never to win it? or best rider in gp history?.....

I don't care what your opinion is, the word "rubbish" on an opinion is YOUR OPINION not mine.

theres no fact about it what so ever..i was talking pre gp, but whilst you are entitled your opinion, I am quite rightly entitled mine..

I didn't know you were a fortune teller as well.

Absoloute rubbish as look at Leigh's GP record & where he finished most seasons in fields that were miles better than the dross that get into it now.

Name me a rider who didn't win the World Title in GP history that was better than Leigh then in both the GP's & even League racing as I certainly can't think of any????????

Tommy Knudsen

make up your mind....best rider never to win it? or best rider in gp history?.....

I don't care what your opinion is, the word "rubbish" on an opinion is YOUR OPINION not mine.

theres no fact about it what so ever..i was talking pre gp, but whilst you are entitled your opinion, I am quite rightly entitled mine..

Even when it's wrong!

Leigh Adams was and still is the best rider never to become world champion!

• Like 3

whilst I wouldn't of said tommy Knudsen, philfromcov is his opinion, and quite right to have that view..

leigh adams was undoubtly a brilliant rider, but at end of the day (if im correct) he made 2 rostrums?.....again im not saying zenon plech was my opinion, he too made 2 rostrums, and only beaten by ivan mauger (6x world champ) adams was beaten by nicki p??

this is a pointless argument, as statistics/opinions will vary greatly

Even when it's wrong!

Leigh Adams was and still is the best rider never to become world champion!

Would have to concur with this 100%

• Like 2

Tommy Knudsen

Third in 1981 and then nothing since although injury played a part and also when he was knocked off by Hans. Nope I don't rate Knudsen ahead of Adams but its my opinion

best rider never to win it either one off or go is Adams. As I said name someone else and it can be discussed

Tommy Knudsen?

There will always be top riders who never win the individual title and Leigh Adams is certainly one of the best.

Shawn Moran

Tommy Knudsen

Phil Crump

Dave Jessup

Jack Parker

Split Waterman

You could go on for ages and never have a true answer but Leigh certainly was top class

• Like 1

Tommy Knudsen?

Don't agree Phil. Tommy was a very good rider, but sadly, his career got cut short pertty much by injury, which is very sad, because he and nobody knows how good he could have been. If we are talking about a rider who saw out his complete career, you would have to call Leigh Adams.

Edited by Starman2006

can a worms or what?.....incognito is spot on...split waterman good suggestion, carter mega unlucky,jessup another, sigalos hugely talented.......I don't say adams is right or wrong answer, cos I don't think there is a rite/wrong answer...different generations will have different views.....I think worse riders have won it quite a few times, but again, its my view

igor plechanov (2) second places..even that tops adams, and no1 would suggest him, yet his record is in history books..look at the amount of poles over the yrs that has made the rostrum, loads of riders record could be argued on this topic...would gollob of ever been champ had there not been 2 polish rounds?...this is a pointless argument all round..its opinions at end of the day

And I came here to hear some juicy Pirates gossip.... :D