British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

I was under the impression the Milik was an agreed 4 on the Grading Riders List so shouldn’t really be the issue. Whether he should be a 4 is a different matter, but I thought one of the purposes of the Annual Jolly AGM was to agree all averages, which surely should include the Grading Riders List.

Pre- the Grading Riders List a Cat 2 rider as Milik is today, would have come in on a 4. Now riders are coming in higher. Has anybody come in as low as a 4 since the Grading Riders List was introduced?

Millik is a 4. There's no dispute.

The point i was making is that Brady had been re-assessed after being agreed, there is still a possibility that Milik could be too, as no newcomer should be coming into the EL on a 4. 5 SHOULD be the minimum for ALL newcomers.

Millik is a 4. There's no dispute.

Where Ford is concerned - there is always a dispute!!

• Like 2

Good Friday looks like being a cracker. Glad they have the Swindon meeting second as I can go visit mum before heading up to the stadium.

This should always have been the Good Friday meeting as it's the closest we can get to a local derby. Eastbourne was always a fair old hike and Coventry too far. 68 miles to Swindon should see an armada of Pirate fans making the journey to Blunsdon. Looking forward to it already.

Great to have these two meetings on the friday, and Swindon v Poole are always good to watch, but how many fans will travel to Blunsdon after getting beaten in the morning.

Makes me laugh to see people requesting the rules to actually be changed to handicap Poole further. Milik is a 4 in line with the current rules, am guessing people are just grasping at anything to build Poole up as the villains. So far they have stuck by the rules. Also am sure everyone would have been up in arms if howarth was approached and ended up at Poole but as its the bees seems fine. As for my Brummies, we are missing an out and out number 1 but managed fine last year without one!!!

• Like 1

people are just grasping at anything to build Poole up as the villains. So far they have stuck by the rules.

They would, the rules suit them!

Who is asking for the rules to be changed? They already have been changed by re-assessing Brady Kurtz.

As usual this discussion point on assessed rider isn't about Poole.

It would have been the same point if he had signed for Belle Vue or anyone else.

Those who think different are clearly very blue blinded.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1

Not sure i am very blue blinded as that isn't even the Brummies colours. I would agree with your point SteveBrum if the rule was changed at the AGM and then am guessing Poole wouldn't have signed Milik. I know we wouldn't have gambled with covatti. Once the rules are set for the year and riders contracted in line with those rules that's it really. To move the goalposts again would make them an even greater laughing stock. Maybe they will change it next AGM in November this year

They would, the rules suit them!

Who is asking for the rules to be changed? They already have been changed by re-assessing Brady Kurtz.

As usual this discussion point on assessed rider isn't about Poole.

It would have been the same point if he had signed for Belle Vue or anyone else.

Those who think different are clearly very blue blinded.

Rubbish and you know it. Kurtz was changed because he rode in the Danish League. Millik has only ridden lower level speedway. The two do not compare.

You are just chasing shadows, as will your team in 2014. Millik has the correct average and you can shout all you like but those are the rules and Poole have acted within them.

• Like 2

Milik has so far been assessed correctly but it could change and that is why Poole are not naming there 7th rider on here until its resolved. Oh and while on topic from the Swindon thread Wolves is a much better prepared track than Poole. Also like the way Shovlar uses one method to assess Cooks ability and yet another to assess Magics ability! It's called being blinkered and twisting things to suit. Magic will never progress further if he can't master smaller tracks. Very good with his fast engines in Poland but guff on smaller tracks that require throttle control and a different skill. Correct he would beat Cook at Torun but Cook would stuff him at Cardiff

There is no dispute with Milik assuming he was available on a 4 for everyone else (Dennis Andersson anyone?)

However there is an issue for me (nothing to do with Poole) with any young European rider coming over here on anything less than 5. Are we really saying that Milik, a rider who reached the GP challenge and made the rostrum in a World U21 final round, is a similar standard to the likes of Ostergaard, Howe, Wethers, North, Lemon, Asprgren, Heeps, Vissing etc using the PL to EL conversion rate?

I must say that there are a few people on this forum who appear to be endeavouring to put pressure on the BSPA to change the rules because they do not like them.

In this case Poole looked for riders to fit the figures that were available. When they sign one certain people start up.

As I am a regular at Somerset I saw the situation re Bradley and thought I think Somerset had made a mistake which it turned out to be correct because of Denmark last year.

Everyone had the chance to sign Miillik on a 4 but they chose not to.

I must say that there are a few people on this forum who appear to be endeavouring to put pressure on the BSPA to change the rules because they do not like them.

In this case Poole looked for riders to fit the figures that were available. When they sign one certain people start up.

As I am a regular at Somerset I saw the situation re Bradley and thought I think Somerset had made a mistake which it turned out to be correct because of Denmark last year.

Everyone had the chance to sign Miillik on a 4 but they chose not to.

Putting all team allegiances aside for one moment do you think hot European prospects coming over on 4's is correct?

As for Kurtz, he should be on a 7. Its clearly in the rules that any experience in a top league elsewhere means 7. Not 5.

2014 FIXTURE NEWS

bspa.gif

FRIDAY 17 JANUARY, 2014
POOLE will begin their league title with a home tie against Eastbourne

Link to Poole website.... http://www.poolepirates.co/homepage

So it's already decided then....... As expected, the rest of us might as well not bother ;-)

Edited by Guest

How in the hell should Milk be a 5?

Mikkel Bech ended up achieving a 5.06 EL average last year via the PL?

Would Millk average 8.50+ in the Premier League?

2014 FIXTURE NEWS

bspa.gif

FRIDAY 17 JANUARY, 2014
POOLE will begin their league title with a home tie against Eastbourne on Wednesday 9th April before embarking on a two-in-a-day contest against Wiltshire rivals Swindon on Good Friday, but prior to the league campaign the Pirates will be involved in an early season challenge against Lakeside Hammers in the Southern Mafia Trophy with the first leg at Poole on Wednesday March 26th and the concluding leg at Lakeside 48 hours later.

Link to Poole website.... http://www.poolepirates.co/homepage

The Lakeside meeting may not be the return leg according to the Lakeside website. Some doubts about certain Poole riders availability beleive

Southern Mafia Trophy. Love it!

Mafia +" A criminal organisation that operates under its own code of conduct without regard for normal laws. The Mafia is noted for its involvement in bribery, theft corruption, and racketeering"

Yep, that sounds like Fat Maud to me !. ;)

• Like 3