British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

In black and white - Similarly only Riders with the same or lower FTDP Grading may be re-declared for the 6th or 7th positions. Compton is 25, Johnson is 27.

You might question why it uses the word "same". Surely only the word lower needs to be used. But the bit written by Stevebrum is clearly only applied to guests. As usual a badly written rule.

They COULD have made it clearer and said it applies to guests AND ALL riders graded 24 or below. It actually makes sense to do that anyway!

Because it doesn't say it if you apply that rule to suit you are cheating.

There really shouldn't be any argument on it as its black and white!!

I am not surprised it is the usual blind few who choose NOT to see it!

In black and white - Similarly only Riders with the same or lower FTDP Grading may be re-declared for the 6th or 7th positions. Compton is 25, Johnson is 27.

You might question why it uses the word "same". Surely only the word lower needs to be used. But the bit written by Stevebrum is clearly only applied to guests. As usual a badly written rule.

The word same could relate to above or below 24 grading

The word same could relate to above or below 24 grading

Makes no difference FB.

The line above the rule states its in relation to GUESTS ONLY!

Makes no difference FB.

The line above the rule states its in relation to GUESTS ONLY!

I realise that but salty was referring to a re declaration rule when you can replace a fast track rider with the same or lower grading Edited by foreverblue

I realise that but salty was referring to a re declaration rule when you can replace a fast track rider with the same or lower grading

Either way 27 is neither SAME or LOWER than 25! :t:

So how do you have two riders gradings the same?

Gotta admit that part IS mystifying!

But then its a BSPA ruling - its too hard to make a rule simple and easy to understand!

Like I said, the word same should not be there, no rider is graded the same as any other. It leads to ambiguity and gives people (in this case Poole) the chance to interpret the rules the way they see fit.

As far as I read it the section about below 24 etc should only relate to guests.

• Like 2

Poole have done no wrong with this latest team change. Has been clarified that riders below 24th can replace one another. This role only appeared from 'ISSUE 10' of the greensheets.

The only issue I have is that Benji Compton has gone from 20th to 25th on the grade list in 1 month. That does seem suspect.

Well the way I read it like most on here is that the rule being suggested is only for guests only.In actual fact I think that is the only way you can read it.Only a few are suggesting different,i wonder where they are from ;)

But you have a valid point on how he has gone from 20th to 25th on the list moving below the likes of Hopwood,Greaves,Mallett and Webster makes no sense.Can't say because of the injury or else Ashley Morris would have a much lower position than 10th because he has been sidelined for a while as well.

Bottom line is if Poole have tried to re-declare illegally then the BSPA will not sanction the new team. Simple as that, it has happened in the past to Poole and other teams. If they have broken the rules there are other EL owners on the panel that won't let this through.

Only time will tell if the re declare is accepted.

How I read the write up at the bottom of the page could be taken either way, interesting though there is a clear black line under rider 25 onwards.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole

Bottom line is if Poole have tried to re-declare illegally then the BSPA will not sanction the new team. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 2

Well done on using some of the quote!!!!!!

Cook is on the panel and this will effect LS!

Yes I am a Poole fan but I am far from as massive Matt Ford fan, I don't want this to shadow a possible league title in October as all the anti Poole people will be on here saying we cheated. This needs to be clarified very very clearly tomorrow either way.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 1

Cook is on the panel and this will effect LS!

:rofl::rofl:

they put same just in case riders are judged to be equal for that month , jus covers there back i suppose

No riders have been judged equal since the FTR lists were first announced.

This whole thing stinks - as usual.

Poole announced back in April they were going to bring Benji in to replace Lee Smart. Owing to injury that didn't happen and in the May FTR lists Benji was above Smart so they couldn't have done it anyway (became largely irrelevant because Benji was injured).

The change in rule regarding GUESTS ie those below 24 were treated equally for guest purposes, appeared for the first time on 13th May. At that time Benji Compton was ranked 15

Certainly don't remember Swindon having a similar option when they were looking to replace Dan Greenwood.

Speedway Star w/e 26th July. Middlo is quoted "With the FT sysytem you can't strengthen up. When you get another rider you have to go down the draft list. It's ludicrous"

August 6th. Suddenly Compton ranked now at 25 is replacing a rider ranked 27 using a rule which is very specifically written to relate to GUESTS.

Why, oh why, do the other clubs keep allowing Poole to do this? No wonder the sport is dying.

• Like 1