British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

Depends on the timing of the question. Earlier in the season most would choose Rohan but last 1/3 it would be Josh. Ask yourself who you would have picked for the play offs between the two. You will answer with who was the better rider at that time.

I would have picked the one with the lower average who could ride at reserve - nothing about being the better rider.

Nah of course your not. But i'l gurrantee you won't be crowing come next October...If they both stay sound..

Who's crowing? You are the one saying how you believe Ward will conquer the world and I am saying that Iversen is currently the better rider based on averages and world rankings. I think it's you doing the crowing!

FWIW - Darcy has the potential to be one of the greatest speedway riders in the world but he isn't there quite yet.

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

I would have picked the one with the lower average who could ride at reserve - nothing about being the better rider.

Who's crowing? You are the one saying how you believe Ward will conquer the world and I am saying that Iversen is currently the better rider based on averages and world rankings. I think it's you doing the crowing!

And at this moment in time its you that doing the fishing stating the obvious.... Well, as i said, lets see who's doing catching come next October... ;)

And at this moment in time its you that doing the fishing stating the obvious.... Well, as i said, lets see who's doing catching come next October... ;)

So you admit I'm right then? Go on, say it, you know you want to! :wink:

Edited by Steve0

FWIW - Darcy has the potential to be one of the greatest speedway riders in the world but he isn't there quite yet.

Averages would say mads is better than schlein, I would suggest that isnt the case.

Shame tungate rides for a thursday track as no doubt you would want him riding for swindon as you seem to rate him so highly

Averages would say mads is better than schlein, I would suggest that isnt the case.

Shame tungate rides for a thursday track as no doubt you would want him riding for swindon as you seem to rate him so highly

You can suggest whatever you want but that would only be an opinion. The facts show that Mads is currently the better rider! So that's 3 now - Iversen, Tungate and Korneliussen all with higher averages than the corresponding ones you mentioned. 3-0 to me :wink:

As you say, Tungate rides for a Thursday track already so there is little point in considering him for Swindon.

• Like 1

You can suggest whatever you want but that would only be an opinion. The facts show that Mads is currently the better rider!

Currantly.... As i and others have also said, you won't be saying that next October...

Edited by Starman2006

Darcy Ward will never be World Champion, he cant gate. Tai and Holder will dominate it for at least ten years...

• Like 1

Currantly.... As i and others have also said, you won't be saying that next October...

So what are this Saturday's winning lotto numbers - if you are so good at predictions? :wink:

You can suggest whatever you want but that would only be an opinion. The facts show that Mads is currently the better rider! So that's 3 now - Iversen, Tungate and Korneliussen all with higher averages than the corresponding ones you mentioned. 3-0 to me :wink:

As you say, Tungate rides for a Thursday track already so there is little point in considering him for Swindon.

As I said averages can be misleading

As I said averages can be misleading

Yes - opinions are so much better :wink:

You would have picked the lowest average rider, not the one more likely to score some points? Each to their own. Must be why I'm not a Team Manager.

Darcy Ward will never be World Champion, he cant gate. Tai and Holder will dominate it for at least ten years...

Who would have thought at the start of last year that Tai would ever become world champion? Certainly not me - but he has a terrific training and fitness regime which has turned him into a world champion. Darcy (and a good few others) could learn from him and then anything is possible.

• Like 1

He'll work out how to gate regularly . . .

you actually believe NKI is a better rider than Ward? NKI is a great rider but will never be WC IMO. Most can see Ward as having the ability for several titles in his time.

We'll see where they are at the end of this season. I would happily put a tenner on Ward finishing the GP series higher up than NKI if they both have injury free seasons.

What i believe is irrelevant. The facts show that Iversen is 3rd in the World and is a class act all through-out Europe. So has to be in the top 3-5 riders in the world right now if you factor in World rankings/EL/DL/Polish/Swedish.

Perhaps when Ward realises all this talent that comes natural to him you can take all the plaudits that you and your fellow Poole fans seem to bang on year after year in recent times. At the moment he hasnt yet put together a consistent injury free run in the World Championships to warrant such praise.

But to dismiss Iversen as `not better` than Ward is plain crazy!

Iversen is in the same class as Ward, Woffy, Emil. Without question.

Depends on the timing of the question. Earlier in the season most would choose Rohan but last 1/3 it would be Josh. Ask yourself who you would have picked for the play offs between the two. You will answer with who was the better rider at that time.

Why does it depend on the timing of the question?? The question was asked TODAY who has the better season finishing average. Josh was the more in form rider at the time of the play offs. Which just goes to show how average his year must have been if he still finished with a lower CMA than Rohan riding in the main body of the team. Josh had the luxury of a reserve berth to assist as well.

There is no question who had the better year for Poole - Rohan without a doubt. Josh however was the Play off hero.

Are you still letting facts get in the way of Poole fans trying to make a point :rofl: If only facts werent so real and honest!!

Hot cross maybe?