British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

Most if not all of the time he's just wrong, this time he's shifted into the next County..

Please explain as i cant see how im wrong.

Smart is potentially the weak link i think that is a fact.

If he does well he will kepp his place.

As said countless of times if Poole are losing matches Matt Ford will make changes and doesnt care who he changes (Howarth prime example)

If Lee Smart is scoring 1 or 2 a meeting and Poole win matches he will probably stay.

If Lee Smart is scoring 1 or 2 a meeting and Poole lose matches he will be gone.

I wish him well after all he is British.

But im not wide of the mark to say he will be replaced if need be.

I would say that if Smart is scoring one or two points per meeting whatever the circumstances, he will be replaced. Most clubs, not only Poole would become a little impatient. Just the way it is nowadays.

Its irrelevent what Smart does as we all know he will be replaced as soon as he can be.

This implies he will be replaced regardless.

Please explain as i cant see how im wrong.

Smart is potentially the weak link i think that is a fact.

If he does well he will kepp his place.

As said countless of times if Poole are losing matches Matt Ford will make changes and doesnt care who he changes (Howarth prime example)

If Lee Smart is scoring 1 or 2 a meeting and Poole win matches he will probably stay.

If Lee Smart is scoring 1 or 2 a meeting and Poole lose matches he will be gone.

I wish him well after all he is British.

But im not wide of the mark to say he will be replaced if need be.

Show me a team or promoter that won't replace a struggling rider so why single out Matt Ford?

Shame you couldn't wish Lee well in the first post.

Edited by Poole Quay 7

I would say that if Smart is scoring one or two points per meeting whatever the circumstances, he will be replaced. Most clubs, not only Poole would become a little impatient. Just the way it is nowadays.

Think its a fair assumption that Smart will be replaced by a potentially younger and promising youngster as soon as one becomes available.

That is no disrespect to Smart who may or may not do his job (as Gavan pointed out Howarth is a perfect example) .

I think its even fairer to say Smart is likely to be replaced by any club he was attached to as soon as other riders become available on the draft list.

Some Poole fans always assume its because its Poole people are making those assumptions, but to be honest its the change most people are expecting anyway!

That said i wish Smart well, if he takes the opportunity to re-ignite a career that has gone backwards in recent seasons then fair play to him.

We need as many next generation riders coming thru as we can.

This implies he will be replaced regardless.

Show me a team or promoter that won't replace a struggling rider so why single out Matt Ford?

Shame you couldn't wish Lee well in the first post.

Not really getting what im saying, why always the paranoia from Poole fans!!!

Im actually praising Matt Ford that he does make changes while other promoters often dont.

Wolves are a prime example last season. Lost Proctor and didnt make changes.

If there are any Poole fans that think Smart wont be replaced this season i would like to hear from you.

But as i say i wish him well

Not really getting what im saying, why always the paranoia from Poole fans!!!

Im actually praising Matt Ford that he does make changes while other promoters often dont.

Wolves are a prime example last season. Lost Proctor and didnt make changes.

If there are any Poole fans that think Smart wont be replaced this season i would like to hear from you.

But as i say i wish him well

I would think that the reserves have been given targets. I would think that the top reserve would be looking for 8 at home and 6 away. As far as Smart goes, i'd be looking for 3 at home and anything away would be a bonus.

The whole team has probably been told whats expected of them and any of the riders will probably be replaced if they don't come up to scratch. Of course all this depends on what replacements are available.

On paper I would agree with you that Smart looks the most vulnerable but lets give the lad a chance.

• Like 2

What happened to the post from Poole Quay 7 regarding the Poole press day report?

Speedway: Middlo's hunger and desire as strong as ever

By Ned Payne

HUNGRY Neil Middleditchadmits his desire to add silverware to Pirates’ bulging trophy cabinet is as strong as ever as the 2014 season draws closer.

Since taking over prior to the 1999 campaign, the team manager has secured 13 honours for Poole including fiveElite League titles.

And Middleditch’s motivation remains sky-high as he prepares to launch another title assault in April.

He told the Daily Echo: “My enthusiasm for Poole never wanes.

“I keep repeating it over and over again, I’ve been a supporter, a rider and a manager and I’ve loved every aspect of being involved.

Matt Ford is a fantastic promoter with the same passion for Poole Speedway as me and that’s a key factor.

“It’s not just a business for Matt, he’s got a passion for the club and that’s why he demands success and we like to give success to the fans.

“We never want to stop winning. I want it every year and if we don’t make the final this year I’ll be disappointed, but I know that if we don’t, it won’t be through lack of trying.”

Middleditch believes the 2013 Elite League win - Poole’s second league title in three seasons - was the club’s most impressive triumph.

And the 57-year-old vowed that the fighting spirit shown in that campaign will be present once more in 2014.

He said: “Last year was a fantastic season and was probably our finest win. We never gave up when perhaps some other clubs would have thrown in the towel.

“Matt and I said we would always put a team together that would entertain the crowd and we did that. We made some changes because of injury, got to the final and won it.

“We’ll never give up and that will be the same this season. Pirates will be there for sure.”

Middleditch has been impressed by certain line-ups that his team will face in the upcoming campaign, but insists it is difficult to judge who will challenge for honours at this stage.

He said: “Belle Vue and Swindon have assembled good teams, but they are all good teams out there.

“We need to go two or three weeks into the season when things will have settled down and then we can get a good gauge on who is going to be there or thereabouts.

“There are some teams with top riders, but it’s the back-up they get which is going to be key.”

• See today's Daily Echo for our 12-page Pirates' preview supplement, including team poster.

Article.... http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/11088707.Speedway__Middlo_s_hunger_and_desire_as_strong_as_ever/?ref=ar

Speedway: Skipper Ward has every confidence in Pirates' young guns

By Ned Payne

BULLISH Darcy Ward has thrown his support behind Pirates' class of 2014 and insists youth will be no barrier to success.

Poole will launch their defence of the Elite League title on April 9 using a septet that has an average age of just 22.

While skipper Ward admits the Wimborne Road outfit have in recent campaigns benefited from possessing a rider seasoned on the world stage, he is confident that this year's incumbent can produce the goods.

Ward told the Daily Echo: “We've got a very good team again this year. I think we're missing maybe one veteran, as in one other good GP rider which in the past would have been Chris Holder or Greg Hancock.

“It's going to be our first season without someone like that so it will probably be a test, but I think we will be alright.

“The sport is young so it's good to have young riders. We're all pretty determined but we don't want to overdo it. We will just be cool and get settled.

“Przemek Pawlicki rides around the world and is very hard to beat and so does Maciej Janowski, so I feel, for this league, we have two big-hitters there.

“I've seen Vaclav Milik ride pretty well in Czecho and Josh Grajczonek had a good season last season and, at reserve, we are pretty strong for the format we have this year.”

Ward is relishing the chance to fulfil the role of captain at Coastal Aluminium Poole once more and has pledged that he will focus on making sure new boy Milik settles in as soon as possible.

“Besides him, I know the rest of the guys so if they ask me questions then I'll tell them the answers and I'm sure we'll bond with Milik and get him comfortable and sorted,” said Ward.

“It's not that hard a job being captain, it's just about being friendly when someone is having a rough night and I Iook forward to trying to take home another title as captain.

“Besides the middle of last year where we were bottom, we've always been there or thereabouts. That's always a good positive for the team and is why we have such a successful club.”

Article... http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/11088689.Speedway__Skipper_Ward_has_every_confidence_in_Pirates__young_guns/

• Like 1

Watching young Vaclav Millik last night shows that Matt has unearthed another gem. I thought I he had a very good style on the bike and was smooth and fast in difficult conditions. Certainly he was faster than Hancock in one heat and had to keep slowing up to stay behind him.

Once he is properly dialled in he looks like he is going to take some serious scalps at home. Away he will more than likely find tight circuits an issue but he really impressed last night.

Given me further confidence this team is going to be the team to beat over the course of 2014.

• Like 1

Watching young Vaclav Millik last night shows that Matt has unearthed another gem. I thought I he had a very good style on the bike and was smooth and fast in difficult conditions. Certainly he was faster than Hancock in one heat and had to keep slowing up to stay behind him.

Once he is properly dialled in he looks like he is going to take some serious scalps at home. Away he will more than likely find tight circuits an issue but he really impressed last night.

Given me further confidence this team is going to be the team to beat over the course of 2014.

unearthed?? It's was/is common knowledge he is one of the best youngsters around.

unearthed?? It's was/is common knowledge he is one of the best youngsters around.

So was Chris Holder and Darcy Ward, but we still signed them, on potential. They were avaliable to other clubs. But same old story, while other promotions are kipping Matt is working!! ;)

Every club was after Darcy rather than 'kipping', and if Matt was totally on the ball he'd have discovered Ward before Lynn and saved himself a few grand.

You're right about Holder though, and although Milik was common knowledge Ford was the only one to take a chance on him, so if he's a success then hats off. I fancy he will be all at sea on a few away tracks but time will tell. Certainly don't see Poole dropping too many points at home.

Edited by Bagpuss

Watching young Vaclav Millik last night shows that Matt has unearthed another gem.

:rofl::rofl:

Precisely, and on a FALSE assessed average too. :t: