British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

Darcy Ward should get a same 8 month ban as Danno its simple.

Danno was apparantly blotto but it doesnt matter how much over you are - you are still over.

Darcys ' other ' indescretions should have no bearing on the outcome here. This is purely about the alcohol incident.

Personally anything more than 8 months i feel would be harsh.

Anything less than 8 months is a cowardly way out just because of who he is.

Pathetically still nothing from the mouths of the Poole promotion or on the Poole website.

Why should there be until a verdict on the length of the ban

What has he said?

nothing untoward just that he was silly and you don't do it , hearing him tonight and pearson on tele last nite I'd expect a ban coming darcys way

Whoopee. Little coastal town on the south of England .......... and we've made 300 pages on this topic. :party:

At least we've kept all the keyboard (I'm never going to speedway again :sad: ) fans (?) happy indoors on their PC's. :mad:

Must be the most popular team in speedway to keep you all sooooo interested. :rofl:

Come on you Pirates !!! :D:D:D

• Like 1

Nicki Pedersen on Darcy Ward

"It's a disaster for the sport. A disaster!"

"But it was only a matter of time with him. When we ride in Poland, it is often clear in the morning that he was drunk (the previous night), but he always passes the alcohol test."

"Today we rode at 2 o'clock and it was obviously too early" says an irate Nicki Pedersen, who has no doubt the Australian had too much.

"I know that he was very drunk on Saturday night. He greeted me at the bar in the hotel, and he never does otherwise" laughs Nicki Pedersen, however he stresses that the matter is very serious.

"It's a f*cking mess that somebody would compete in speedway against others with alcohol in their blood."

"I hope it will have a serious impact, so that he will learn once and for all"

Where have you taken that from ??

The little scallywag, so he likes a beer on a Saturday night, happens all the time in south Dorset, never did them any harm.

Why should there be until a verdict on the length of the ban

Isn't this two separate issues though?

They should have an opinion on their star rider failing a breathalyser test and being thrown out of an important meeting regardless of any further penalty imposed.

Or are they waiting quietly hoping he gets no further ban so they can sweep this under the carpet?

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow
  • Like 1

Isn't this two separate issues though?

They should have an opinion on their star rider failing a breathalyser test and being thrown out of an important meeting regardless of any further penalty imposed.

Or are they waiting quietly hoping he gets no further ban so they can sweep this under the carpet?

They've already 'not condoned' his actions (Middlo). Why would MF comment further until all the facts and the official decision is confirmed? What if the fine and ban from the Latvia GP plus a 'reprimand' is deemed the only FIM punishment? MF could announce he'll drop him from this evening's EL meeting v Leicester, but not until the official announcement by FIM is made and its appropriate.

• Like 1

I mean it doesn't take a genius to work out that Ward was sh*t faced the night before the meeting, I still don't by this I had bad news maybe it was true but it just seems all to convenient to me, I am in know way anti Darcy Ward but he has disappointed me once again I thought he had turned a corner and finally grown up his interviews have been more constructive during meetings etc, finally I thought he had matured then he lets himself down again and keeps doing it there was a time when I defended him but this latest episode has just confirmed he has learned nothing he is his own worst enemy.

Sponsors patience must be wearing thin with all the bad publicity, the ban is coming and likely to be for the rest of the season so that's us Poole fans let down could cost us the season. I would leave him out next season even if he decides he wants to ride the UK let him ride elsewhere for a year and see if he can stay out of trouble.

• Like 2

They've already 'not condoned' his actions (Middlo). Why would MF comment further until all the facts and the official decision is confirmed? What if the fine and ban from the Latvia GP plus a 'reprimand' is deemed the only FIM punishment? MF could announce he'll drop him from this evening's EL meeting v Leicester, but not until the official announcement by FIM is made and its appropriate.

True. It's the 'mitigating circumstances' bit that made that a little thin. There are none for drunk driving/riding.

According to the Polish rumor mill, Torun are expecting only a fine, not a racing ban.

Hopefully that proves wrong. That is without doubt the worst possible outcome.

• Like 3

I personally don't want Darcy to get a ban

I`m the same with drink drivers and murderers, there should be no need to follow rules and let people get away with law/rule breaking. We should let all athletes do as they please and all doping tests should be stopped :rolleyes:

I mean seriously??? :shock::mad:

• Like 3

A Polish friend of mine who is generally well informed has told me:

"Darcy has been fined around 10,000zł and will not be allowed to compete in anymore Grand Prix's this season. Darcy will be allowed to resume league racing. It has not been decided whether or not Darcy will be awarded a 2015 Grand Prix spot yet. This will be determined after this years series has finished"

But I cannot say whether this is true or not, this could very well just be rumor so please don't take my word for it.