British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

Probably a MJJ tribute band on the centre green...

With one multi alias poster throwing their knickers at them ;)

Ward has said this article was the first he had heard about it.

At least this way it would hopefully make the new league an even playing field

Spin to get more people in tonight I would of thought that was obvious

• Like 2

Why would riders be amongst the first to know?! They sign up elsewhere first anyway.

One interesting point is if they don't get jobs in UK next year, can they still get a UK visa??

Why would riders be amongst the first to know?! They sign up elsewhere first anyway.

One interesting point is if they don't get jobs in UK next year, can they still get a UK visa??

Not if they are not European citizens. An Aussie without a work contract in the UK will not get one and will not gain access to the UK to live here I should imagine..

Not sure what the rules are on Aussies getting a work permit for European countries. Being a top international rider should help some Aussies like Ward and Holder get work permits for Poland and Sweden.

Whatever team Matt puts out next year, no matter what team building limits are in place, you can guarentee we will be at the pointy end come the end of the season.

• Like 2

Not if they are not European citizens. An Aussie without a work contract in the UK will not get one and will not gain access to the UK to live here I should imagine..

Not sure what the rules are on Aussies getting a work permit for European countries. Being a top international rider should help some Aussies like Ward and Holder get work permits for Poland and Sweden.

Whatever team Matt puts out next year, no matter what team building limits are in place, you can guarentee we will be at the pointy end come the end of the season.

yep you will be because any team with Ward and Holder should easily walk into the play offs.

However you had an awful starting 1-7 that you have still failed to acknowledge

Wards injury enabled you to strengthen so injuries have helped you this season.

And you can always be safe in the knowledge if you are struggling that you can always cheat like this year

• Like 3

I'm a Poole fan but i'm under no illusion when it comes to Matt Ford's tactics. It seems quite clear to me that Matt didn't believe the Pirates would make it through to the final and made this press statement purely to try and bolster ticket sales last Monday. I wouldn't pay much attention.

I'm a Poole fan but i'm under no illusion when it comes to Matt Ford's tactics. It seems quite clear to me that Matt didn't believe the Pirates would make it through to the final and made this press statement purely to try and bolster ticket sales last Monday. I wouldn't pay much attention.

You'd better sit down and prepare yourself then!!!! :cry:

Josh G becomes a asset and has been promised a team spot for the 2014 season.

....so has Kyle Howarth.

....so has Kyle Howarth.

Even if the points limit stays the same next year we are going to have a very weak top end if that is the case.

Ky

Even if the points limit stays the same next year we are going to have a very weak top end if that is the case.

With the new points limit Kyle and Josh are your top end :D Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 5

You will be lucky to get a seat monday!

My seat is guaranteed!!!!!!! :t::approve:

yep you will be because any team with Ward and Holder should easily walk into the play offs.

However you had an awful starting 1-7 that you have still failed to acknowledge

Wards injury enabled you to strengthen so injuries have helped you this season.

And you can always be safe in the knowledge if you are struggling that you can always cheat like this year

Where did we cheat this year? And yes the 1-7 we started with wasn't good enough. Yes we've had plenty of injuries, but i certainly wouldn't say that Chris's injury was helpful.. And before you say it, Greggy was a straight replacement for Chris. That said, i bet any fan on here would love Matt to be there clubs promoter..