British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

He could be good but we don't know. Lebedevs passed Darcy in a Gp and was quite sensational yet struggled big time over here. Could have potential but no guarantee he will do well. Then again it's not that big a risk to take him on the ridiculous average of 4. This isn't Pooles fault they have done nothing wrong here but the bluest of blue tints must see that 4 is to low

Ah bless, here we go again, poole sign a rider on a 4 and some are up in arms. You really can't get over yourselves can you. If your promotions had the forsight to do the same then i GURRANTEE, you would not be up in arms, RIGHT, right... Get over yourselves.

Not sure if you have trouble reading or are just dim, but people aren't jumping on Poole and Lord Ford (yet), just questioning why a rider who rode in the U21 finals and the GP challenge is a four. Perfectly reasonable question IMO, whoever signed him.

Personally I wouldn't swap him for either of Lynn's second strings and I'd imagine the same would apply for supporters of most other EL sides, so as usual you are wide of the mark with the jealousy card.

He could be good but we don't know. Lebedevs passed Darcy in a Gp and was quite sensational yet struggled big time over here. Could have potential but no guarantee he will do well. Then again it's not that big a risk to take him on the ridiculous average of 4. This isn't Pooles fault they have done nothing wrong here but the bluest of blue tints must see that 4 is to low

I think a lot of that was down to him being on bikes that weren't his own and, like Porsing, really struggling with the clay-based shale at Lynn to begin with.I think he would be a success if / when he has another go over here.

• Like 2

Personally, I thought the observations raised on Milik were in general, both balanced and fair with the odd dose of banter.

I think the move is something of a gamble but one that could work out very well for Poole and Vaclav.

May I take this opportunity to wish the supporters of all our teams a Happy Christmas & a Prosperous 2014. :cheers:

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 3

Don't know why all the ????? On miliks average. He's a 4 simple as.

Doesn't ride in any top leagues. Doesn't even ride in Sweden.

No problem with the 4 point average

For me he will eventually settle in over here an ride above his 4 point average.

Good signing for Poole this

• Like 2

This is similar to the Brady Kurtz situation in that some are saying he is too good for his assessed average.

IMO whether he is or he isnt makes no diffetence. The only important issue is that the correct category has been used to allocate his average.

From that the 4 seems right.

Of course you don't think that Steve0. If we signed an un-known South African rider on a two, you still call a conspiricy theory,

Considering the minimum average is 3.00 then he'd probably be right.

• Like 2

This is similar to the Brady Kurtz situation in that some are saying he is too good for his assessed average.

IMO whether he is or he isnt makes no diffetence. The only important issue is that the correct category has been used to allocate his average.

From that the 4 seems right.

I think the confusion is why a rider like Tobiasz Musielak receives an assessed average of six, whereas Vaclav Milik is a four.
Is there a list of all the foreign riders and their assessed averages, or are they simply made up as we go along?

With Milik coming in there are still a few options for the last place, Pawlicki is still the best option i would think but there is Sunstrom or possibly Buckowski to consider or a rider that could be assessed on a 7.50.

Isn't the heat formula changing to give similar rides to similar averaged riders?

Point being he might struggle being a newbie.

Milik is not on a bargain average, yes he has promise but he he rode in the polish division 2 last year, Porsing rode in division 1 nobody questioned him coming in on assessed average of 4 and he only achieved 3.51.

Dont think Milik will score much away from home but when he gets dialled in at Poole he will be a decent 2nd string. As a Bees fan id prefer the 2nd strings we have (Fisher and Howarth).

• Like 2

With Milik coming in there are still a few options for the last place, Pawlicki is still the best option i would think but there is Sunstrom or possibly Buckowski to consider or a rider that could be assessed on a 7.50.

Pawlicki, Sundstrom, Ulamek, Kenni Larsen, Michael Jepsen Jensen or even Kolodziej.
Plenty of choice out there for ambitious teambuilding.

As usual you still get some Poole fans thinking people are picking on Poole. I think if you read the thread properly people are praising Ford for getting him but think the system of the averages is wrong. Some blue tints love an argument over nothing try reading foreverblue or Poole quays posts