British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Poole V Swindon 30 September 2013 Second Leg

amazed at the anti Hancock brigade Matt Ford did well to get Greg it helped with the pain of loosing Chris Holder. he has been such aboost to the Poole side and any side would have loved to have had him. So he has been out for a few years so what its great to see him this season Thanks Greg now on to the final :party:

• Like 3

John Francome, Desmond Morris, Diana Dors, Melinda Messanger, Julian Clary, Mark Lemarr, Billie Piper, Gilbert O'sullivan, Don Rogers, Justin Heyward, XTC, Rosco...........your boys......your boys took a hell of a beating!!!!!!

A joyous night of speedway. Fantastic. That's what it was all about! And you know what did it? The lads heard Hans Andersen saying "we have sunk the Pirates Ship", and Batch on BBC Wiltshire radio saying, "It's in the bag", after last weeks meeting.

Add to that taking the first leg first (an absolute howler as I said at the time) and then changing team order spelt the end for the Robins.

They say revenge is a dish served best cold. Tonight was certainly a time for revenge, and the boys didn't let us down. Fantastic display from heat 1 and the roar of the crowd kept the team going through all 15 heats. Superb.

I really thought the Robins would battle but it was clear they were trying to defend and couldn't compete with our top end.

I will give a special mention to Nick Morris who had the right attitude all night. A shame for Swindon fans (and a relief for us) that none of the others could compete at the same level as him.

As for Kildemand, it was clear he just slid off, looked up and then laid there. A Pole did this in the semis of the Polish playoffs and was booted out of the meeting. Pure cheating but luckily it failed in the rerun. Ref should be able to send off the rider for such an offence.

Swindon fans have been gracious, but SteveBrum hasn't, trying to fathom out how Poole did it. Perhaps he was wrong all along with his assertions that Poole were the make weights. But he will never admit it. :lol:

As for Gavan, I doubt he will say anything. He has been calling us rubbish all year. Well Gavan we are in the final. What do you think of that? :icon_smile_clown:

Commiserations to Swindon. Tough to lose a semi. Hard to lose a final with key riders missing but Swindon fans were light on the sympathy 12 months ago. What goes around comes around, eh?

Bring on Brum. Whatever the result of the final, the Pirates ship has done us proud tonight. And that's all we can hope for.

Cheers! :drink:

• Like 3

Well done to Poole who were far the better team on the night ....if you only get 3 winners then your not going to win anything ...anyone for Rome :P:wink:

• Like 4

Well done to Poole who were far the better team on the night ....if you only get 3 winners then your not going to win anything ...anyone for Rome :P:wink:

Orlando at the end of November. Should be as good fun as tonight.

Congrates to all our boys Neil Middleditch Matt Ford and all our fans, it was a solid TEAM effort, same again next Monday. ive know some bloody good hold up horses, but this is getting rediculous!! :D Fair play to Rosco, who shook everybodys hand and said well done after heat 14. :approve:

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

What do I think Shovlar? Your team cheated to get there so it will be nice and sweet if the Brummies beat you. Yes Kildemand did it but so did Ward on sky this season but that was ok in your eyes double standards as always. Have you noticed how gracious the Swindon fans are in defeat? Hope you do the same if you lose the final but I doubt it. Got to laugh at how daft Middlo is these days he us like an grandad who can't see anything josh hits a famous Wimborne Road rut and the buffoon blamed Hans! Oh by the way how did r/r go fit Tungate? Made you stronger him being out

See Hans said he wouldn't have ridden if Swindon could get a guest. Could they not persude someone to fly over and ride?

Only just got my voice back.

Well done Pirates. Nothing to lose now, may as well just go for it in the final, no holding back after all Brum's to lose :)

Oh dear not that old chestnut again, fans dont cheer because a rider may be hurt they cheer because that rider wont get any points

Foeverblue I appreciate that supporters are happy to see an opposing rider excluded and would cheer that. What I find disturbing is the cheering before its known if a rider is injured. I recall an innocuous crash that ended Adrian Rymels career. I'm not comparing the falls but you never know. Wait to cheer until you're certain the fallen rider is ok is all I'm suggesting.

Foeverblue I appreciate that supporters are happy to see an opposing rider excluded and would cheer that. What I find disturbing is the cheering before its known if a rider is injured. I recall an innocuous crash that ended Adrian Rymels career. I'm not comparing the falls but you never know. Wait to cheer until you're certain the fallen rider is ok is all I'm suggesting.

Plenty of Swindon fans cheering when Josh was on the floor ...not sure why we go on about it fans of all teams do it ..pointless picking teams out .

• Like 6

Brum always talks rubbish. Every prediction he makes is always wrong. Top effort from the underdogs :D

You are poster that knows rubbish, one day you might say something of any interest.

Swindon fans have been gracious, but SteveBrum hasn't, trying to fathom out how Poole did it.

Cheers! :drink:

Best read posts before you post in future. :rolleyes:

Post 432 is there to wipe that smirk off your face.

No point moaning about the riding order. Kennett would have scored fook all at 2 as well so the meeting would have been over by heat 14 anyway!

He failed to mention that he had just been sacked in Poland, otherwise he would have stuck two fingers up to British speedway as he has done for many years...

They never tell the whole story ha

Has Eddie ever seen a sport psychologist?

Edited by Trees

It was a great meeting and the better team won - end of! I think it's unfair to single any rider out for blame - you ride together as a team and you win or lose as a team! I don't think Poole winning was down to EK in heat 14 - Poole were up for this meeting from the start, they looked more determined to win it and we were simply out-classed.

As I said before, the better team on the night won and I'm sure they will be no pushovers in the final either.

• Like 7

Fans are going to cheer as soon as the rider goes down unless it is a horrific crash when it is most likely the rider is injured. I know some minor looking crashes can end up with injury but most crowds go quiet when they realise that.

• Like 1