British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Poole V Swindon 30 September 2013 Second Leg

Deserved victory for the Knobs. You cannot win a meeting with 4 heat wins. Poor displays from Andersen Kennett and Batch. Kiiler and Morra the only real battlers on the night, should be joint riders of the year. Would like to see those 2 and Swindon-based Doyley back next year. Surprised Doyley was left out. Andersen has let Swindon down too many times this year(the pay problems haven't helped), Batch should be in top 12 averages(was 6th. 2 years ago), and Edward has disappeared. Still a good season for the Robins finishing 2nd. 2 years running, and Rosco still the top boss. Big changes next year for Elite speedway. Need more commitment from some riders. Will go for Brum in final as mostly English riders, against the mainly Dorset Aussies.

• Like 1

As I stated previously if you have put in Bjerre as guest for Andersen - Swindon would now be in the Play Off Final ... ;)

And perhaps one day you might post something that doesn't read like it's been posted by a five year old.

aaah bless, wondered how long it would take for you to pipe up with something irrelevant.

As I stated previously if you have put in Bjerre as guest for Andersen - Swindon would now be in the Play Off Final ... ;)

admittedly their chances may have improved but you can't say Bjerre would have got them to the final, we are riding alot better now than when Peterborough visited Wimborne Road.

Just seen this result, what a disaster for Swindon to miss out on gate receipts of £80k-£100k for a play off final is devastating for the cash strapped club. Will it finish them off?

When the sponsors that bailed them out sit round the table they will need answers as it could have been avoided. The promotion might say it was a gamble but would you take kindly with people gambling with your cash and are you likely to offer financial assistance again?

I enjoyed my visits over the years, even using the infamous bogs! I also follow Buxton so I'm hoping to come down when they visit next year.

• Like 1

Hans has said if they could of got a guest hw wouldn't have rode so why couldn't they? Maybe Bjerre couldn't/wouldn't but what about Nicholls or Schlein both go well at Poole surely better than a struggling Hans.

Hans has said if they could of got a guest hw wouldn't have rode so why couldn't they? Maybe Bjerre couldn't/wouldn't but what about Nicholls or Schlein both go well at Poole surely better than a struggling Hans.

You are probably correct in that Bjerre wouldn't ride for Swindon, ;)

he is damn loyal to Rick Frost and after the Hans Andersen and Troy Batchelor transfer debacles he probably thought F@ck you!... :o

As they say who laughs last laughs longer.... ! :D

aaah bless, wondered how long it would take for you to pipe up with something irrelevant.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Oh the irony!! :t:

• Like 6

I think there was an all-round hint of complacency within the Swindon camp typified by Hans and their own team manager when they both said this in the local paper on the Monday leading into the meeting.....

“To be fair it’s Swindon’s to lose and not Poole’s to win, that's what I think." “We came pretty close when we went down there before on the tele, and that was without Pete (Kildemand), so I think we can go there and win."

And this from Rossiter: "we know we are good enough to go down there and win the meeting,” he said.

“We can finish them off, and we finished second in the league despite a few things going on and a few mistakes were made."

http://www.swindonad...bins_to_attack/

The Irony of this patronising message is too good to ignore :lol: :rofl:

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 1

You are probably correct in that Bjerre wouldn't ride for Swindon, ;)

he is damn loyal to Rick Frost and after the Hans Andersen and Troy Batchelor transfer debacles he probably thought F@ck you!... :o

As they say who laughs last laughs longer.... ! :D

Can't think that was the reason, could be Swindon didn't want to pay the costs.

• Like 1

Well done Poole. Gonna have to change my avatar pic again now :P

That was a great meeting although I missed the first few heats. Some cracking races and a really good atmosphere.

The final for the neutral looks very tasty indeed and in fairness was the best outcome. Good luck to the Pirates cough cough :o in the final :P

• Like 2

See Hans said he wouldn't have ridden if Swindon could get a guest. Could they not persude someone to fly over and ride?

Only just got my voice back.

Well done Pirates. Nothing to lose now, may as well just go for it in the final, no holding back after all Brum's to lose :)

Get off it!!

That was a great meeting although I missed the first few heats. Some cracking races and a really good atmosphere.

The final for the neutral looks very tasty indeed and in fairness was the best outcome. Good luck to the Pirates cough cough :o in the final :P

So take it your new avatar is a brum? :lol:

So take it your new avatar is a brum? :lol:

Well there you go what a meeting and haha Swindon you bottled it big time I am sure that will silence Andersen's fat mouth.