British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Poole V Swindon 30 September 2013 Second Leg

Serious question. What did Ward do against Wolves earlier in the season?

He came off on the third bend, well pretty much slid off, looked up, saw Troy was third so went back down again, very silimar to PK last night.

I am neither a Poole or Swindon fan but some of the rubbish that a couple of Poole regulars post on here just astounds me at times!!

• Like 1

Congratulations lads.................when you look back at the line up we had at the start of the season we did well to get this far...................after losing Darcy early on and then as soon as he is back we lose Chris..............the shining lights in this season have to be the signing of Greg Hancock and Josh Graczjonek.................

Good luck for Monday..................we can and we will do it................#justkeepbelieving #piratepride

RP

Quite agree. When you consider the bad luck that has happened to Poole this year, it's amazing that they even qualified, never mind find themselves in a good position in the final with Brum. With Darcy's injury, then Chris's bad one, riders moving out, new 1 to 7's every month,(one rejected and another restart), then capping it all by getting THJ and Handcock to ride the rest of the season was brilliant reactions to the situations. I doubt if another EL promoter was capable of containing the situation and ending up with the team Poole have ended up with. Hats off to Matt, but the permanent Poole/Ford critics cannot bring themselves to praise the efforts against all the odds. Winning of course brings enemies, but the old phrase of it being a damn sight easier to criticise the efforts of others, than be capable of doing anything themselves comes to mind.

Who's going to win the Final. Brum and Phil have done great things, despite the financial situation, but my heart and head says to go for the underdogs once again, POOLE. :D

• Like 9

Unnecessary and flaming remarks Agrotron that wouldn't sit well with any supporter.

Wouldnt rise to that little pillocks bait..needs to grow up and in any case just another JJS clone troll.....now the relevant stuff...Big well done to Poole who just seemed to realy want it that bit more Morris/Kildemand apart.

Should be a great final and one i find hard to call.

Would like to particularly congratulate a certain amount of Poole fans (think we know the ones i wouldnt) especially the boys at Piratecast who are an immense credit to the club who are very lucky to have them and L.C.G who went l;ast night fearing that would be her last chance to see speedway this year..well news for yoy hun youve got another one to watch and pleased for ya...also Rosco who i thought developed a whole new level of sporting behaviour last night when very graciously going up and congratulating all the Poole boys just afterwards top marks mate.

Finally i have to admit to being very dissapointed with some of the team last night whether it was a lack of fight or just outridden but if i am being honest there are only 3 of those that i would most definatly offer 2014 contracts too after making Doyley the priority..and like Brendan Rodgers i have a little box with the names inside who HAVE let me down! cyanara 2013 it was....erm...slightly interesting

Well done POOLE PIRATES!!

• Like 4

Nonesense. Kildemand knew exactly what he was doing as did every other person in the stadium. He slid off at low speed, grabbed his bike, looked up, saw Kennett at the back then rolled over like a dying swan to get the race stopped. With the camera fully on him. I was in the grandstand and could see exactly what he was up to. Cheat, cheat, cheat came the chant, and rightly so.

If he had hurtled into the fence there would have been no cheers, only concern.

again, you have ignored the fact that Darcy did the exact same thing, and on the telly you could hear the same pathetic idiots shouting 'stay down..stay down' I can only assume you were one of them... you are a total joke Steve... I have asked that you engage your brain before posting.... you have chosen to ignore that... shame really as you can see by the reaction from the Robins fans that the best team on the night deserved to reach the final, and you continue to post total rubbish. :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 4

Hope Brum win the final as they have been the best team all season and won the league. That is not anti Poole just fact.

You must have been really disappointed last season when Swindon won it then, given that Poole were streets ahead of all the other teams?

• Like 1

A well deserved victory for Poole. As I predicted, their potentially very strong top 4, with a former world champion, a future world champion and two potential National champions all fired together and they simply blew Swindon aside. Furthermore, arguably the best current EL reserve having a fine night, this was far too much for a Robins side that seemed to have psychologically admitted defeat far too early for my liking. Like many others on this forum, I have been critical of the Poole management and the suspected skulduggery that always seems to follow them, but you have to give it to them. A fantastic recovery from their poor early season form and some astute cheque book signings has elevated them into the final, and in my book, (sorry Shov) they are firm favourites to take the title.

• Like 3

The baby will be born bigger than Kenneth!! :rofl: :rofl:

Did it come out with a helmet on?

Quite agree. When you consider the bad luck that has happened to Poole this year, it's amazing that they even qualified, never mind find themselves in a good position in the final with Brum. With Darcy's injury, then Chris's bad one, riders moving out, new 1 to 7's every month,(one rejected and another restart), then capping it all by getting THJ and Handcock to ride the rest of the season was brilliant reactions to the situations. I doubt if another EL promoter was capable of containing the situation and ending up with the team Poole have ended up with. Hats off to Matt, but the permanent Poole/Ford critics cannot bring themselves to praise the efforts against all the odds. Winning of course brings enemies, but the old phrase of it being a damn sight easier to criticise the efforts of others, than be capable of doing anything themselves comes to mind.

Who's going to win the Final. Brum and Phil have done great things, despite the financial situation, but my heart and head says to go for the underdogs once again, POOLE. :D

It certainly was amazing. So your view of Lynn's appeal success & the boating lake in Manchester on Sept 9th was what?

I think you'll find my reply far more sensible than any of the gibberish you spout on here.

By the way sticking a laughing emoticon at the end of one of your own posts doesn't automatically make it funny. It just makes you look even more stupid than usual. Difficult as that may seem...

:rofl: :rofl: Those emotions are for the believe you post less gibberish, actually i think they deserve an extra one. :t:

Did it come out with a helmet on?

It certainly was amazing. So your view of Lynn's appeal success & the boating lake in Manchester on Sept 9th was what?

Not that either is relevant to what I posted but :-

Surprised it was overturned

& should not have started, pressure from SKY and their timetables, and the call off decision made by officials who were entitled to call it.

Edited by Tsunami

Not that either is relevant to what I posted but :-

Surprised it was overturned

& should not have started, pressure from SKY and their timetables, and the call off decision made by officials who were entitled to call it.

It's entirely relevant when you're saying how well they've done but seem to agree that they got their under very dubious circumstances. Officials are not entitled to compromise rider safety (let alone serve up a dogs dinner of a meeting to meet Sky's timetable). Is it any wonder that they allegedly only want to show the play-offs now? As for the independent SCB, why did they change the decision?

Edited by Crump99

Well after a brilliant night of celebrations I have wound down my gloating :D

I was looking forward to rubbing it in to all the Swindon fan's out there but you have all been most gracious in defeat and my hats off to you. Not only Swindon but to all the fans across the UK who have all come together to appreciate the true spirit of speedway. Say what you like about Matt Ford, say what you like about the play offs and say what you like about double points, but you cannot deny rivalry has never been so exciting in British speedway. Even stevebrum who was one of the first to congratulate us on our victory! :D

I had always said since Swindon picked us that we were capable of beating them over 2 legs but I never really expected such a brilliant effort from the Pirates.

Edited by Synikalle
  • Like 5

It's entirely relevant when you're saying how well they've done but seem to agree that they got their under very dubious circumstances. Officials are not entitled to compromise rider safety (let alone serve up a dogs dinner of a meeting to meet Sky's timetable). Is it any wonder that they allegedly only want to show the play-offs now? As for the independent SCB, why did they change the decision?

Your interpretation, not mine.

I can only echo what, most if not all, Swindon fans have said and that is the best team won. A fantastic performance from the 3 Poole heat leaders who completely dominated our front 3 and were superbly backed up by Tomas and Josh.

I couldn't believe what I was watching and knew the writing was on the wall long before heat 14. Only PK and Nick rode to their potential and I would love to see them as the first 2 names for next year. Hans has half an excuse but if he wasn't match fit then we should have had someone else. Troy continues to frustrate and EK after a very promising start needs to have a long look at where he is going.

Well done Poole. Good luck for the final.