British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham V Wolverhampton Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg 30/09

The chance to become British, European and World Champion in the same season is something Tai does not want to pass up and rightfully so.

But he willing pass up trying to win Elite League title for his club and fans ...never understand fans almost happy that the rider is putting himself before his club ... Edited by orion

But he willing pass up trying to win Elite League title for his club and fans ...never understand fans almost happy that rider is putting himself before his club ...

2 points down from the home leg, just how would he be letting us down??

If he isn't fit, he isn't fit.

Said it before, id rather he rest up till Torun. Nowt else important until then, and NOT even the huge money on offer to win a nothing competition that is the European Championship.

2 points down from the home leg, just how would he be letting us down??

If he isn't fit, he isn't fit.

Said it before, id rather he rest up till Torun. Nowt else important until then, and NOT even the huge money on offer to win a nothing competition that is the European Championship.

2 points down what do you mean by that ? you spend the whole season to get in the play offs and then your give up because you are two points down is that what you mean ? if he not fit he won't be riding tomorrow or is he only fit when it suits him ... to me he should be resting tomorrow and riding Monday or not riding at all intill the weekend .

Edited by orion

2 points down what do you mean by that ? you spend the whole season to get in the play offs and then your give up because you are two points down it that what you mean ? if he not fit he won't be riding tomorrow or is he only fit when it suits him ... to me he should be resting tomorrow and riding Monday or not riding at all intill the weekend .

You are basing all this on whether he rides or not!

All speculation so far, only a Polish link that seems to think he is riding. Time will tell.

Of course we wont `give up` Monday but our title hopes have realistically ended went when Ty Proctor was out for the season and then condemned even further by losing Jacob.

IF Tai wasn't injured he would have quite likely comfortably scored double to what his guest did on Monday and then we might be having a very different conversation.

Can we just wait and see IF he rides before we condemn the poor guy!!

The important thing for TAI is to get himself fit for the last GP, he confirmed that in his interview in Sweden so i expect nothing else.

But to expect him to put Wolves as his top priority when he is injured is madness!!

Naturally if he does ride on Sunday i will be very surprised and a little concerned that he is risking too much and of course if he wants to ride Sunday i would be disappointed if he didn't turn out for Wolves too.

In Iversen we have a like for like guest, who failed miserably in the first leg. No one expected that. We wont give up but its looking that Birmingham are the massive favourites for the final - anyone disputing that is going to be in a one man band.

You are basing all this on whether he rides or not!

All speculation so far, only a Polish link that seems to think he is riding. Time will tell.

Of course we wont `give up` Monday but our title hopes have realistically ended went when Ty Proctor was out for the season and then condemned even further by losing Jacob.

IF Tai wasn't injured he would have quite likely comfortably scored double to what his guest did on Monday and then we might be having a very different conversation.

Can we just wait and see IF he rides before we condemn the poor guy!!

The important thing for TAI is to get himself fit for the last GP, he confirmed that in his interview in Sweden so i expect nothing else.

But to expect him to put Wolves as his top priority when he is injured is madness!!

Naturally if he does ride on Sunday i will be very surprised and a little concerned that he is risking too much and of course if he wants to ride Sunday i would be disappointed if he didn't turn out for Wolves too.

In Iversen we have a like for like guest, who failed miserably in the first leg. No one expected that. We wont give up but its looking that Birmingham are the massive favourites for the final - anyone disputing that is going to be in a one man band.

I Never said it should be his top Priority but he should be putting before tomorrow ..by the sounds of it you agree .

I Never said it should be his top Priority but he should be putting before tomorrow ..by the sounds of it you agree .

Id rather Tai not ride till Torun, so i agree.

If he declares himself fit for Sunday then i would assume he will want to ride Monday too.

Anyway, until its confirmed one way or another for now its pure speculation.

But he willing pass up trying to win Elite League title for his club and fans ...never understand fans almost happy that the rider is putting himself before his club ...

Not quite grasping it are you. He isn't fit. He would be letting his club down more by riding half fit and dropping points.

I don't criticise him for giving it a go on Sunday. The likelihood with the injury he has it would make it very difficult to then ride Monday too.

Wolves have a replacement so he is not leaving us in the lurch or letting us down.. unlike your No 1 who did just that.

I would not in any circumstances expect to Tai to ride Monday night. His collarbone has 'perhaps' two meetings left in it this season, the European Championship and the GP. Good luck to him.

By trying to ride for Wolves he would be risking letting the whole team and its fans down if he had to pull out after a couple of rides, which is always VERY likely when you are riding with the injury he has. In an individual meet, if it happens, he hasn't let anyone down.

Time to go fishing elsewhere.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Has 'Orion' conveniently forgotten Jimmy Nilsson who was fully committed to Swindon unless it was a Robin's meeting within a fortnight either side of a Grand Prix???

Edited by Lefty
  • Like 1

Has 'Orion' conveniently forgotten Jimmy Nilsson who was fully committed to Swindon unless it was a Robin's meeting within a fortnight either side of a Grand Prix???

I'm pretty sure you mean Jimmy Nilsen !

Edited by Steve0

T

Not quite grasping it are you. He isn't fit. He would be letting his club down more by riding half fit and dropping points.

I don't criticise him for giving it a go on Sunday. The likelihood with the injury he has it would make it very difficult to then ride Monday too.

Wolves have a replacement so he is not leaving us in the lurch or letting us down.. unlike your No 1 who did just that.

I would not in any circumstances expect to Tai to ride Monday night. His collarbone has 'perhaps' two meetings left in it this season, the European Championship and the GP. Good luck to him.

By trying to ride for Wolves he would be risking letting the whole team and its fans down if he had to pull out after a couple of rides, which is always VERY likely when you are riding with the injury he has. In an individual meet, if it happens, he hasn't let anyone down.

Time to go fishing elsewhere.

If was a Poole rider your be up in arms about it ...the bottom line is that he is fit enough to ride and is putting greed over his club ..somehow I doubt we will be seeing him pulling out after a couple of rides in the euro's ...

No idea if Woffinden will ride on Sunday or not, what I do know is people are saying he doesn't make a habit of this, I beg to differ.

Woffinden crashed and got injured at Cardiff June 1st he then missed-

Sat 8th Eastbourne (A)

Mon 10th Lakeside (H)

Wed 12th Kings Lynn (A)

Miraculously made a GP appearance-

Sat 15th June Gorzow where he was that badly injured he put it clean on the rostrum only to the MISS

Fri 21st Lakeside (A)

Mon 24th Eastbourne (H)

He did race against Peterborough during this time, but to me Woffinden put Wolves to one side when he chose to during this hectic time of the year.

So please don't give me this eyewash about it's a 1st or he is 100% committed to Wolves, he clearly isn't.

Edited by rjsj9803

If you had a chance to be Eurpean champion and world champion would you risk racing infront of one man amd his dog at Birmingham?? People banging on about greed need there head examined if he has an opportunity to increase his earnings good luck to him its what every person on here would do. I dont blame Tai at all hes just trying to make the best of his career why he can

I have the multi poster on ignore so wont see the link anyway.

How do you put someone on ignore? Been looking for that facility and never found it ;)

POSTED elsewhere yesterday ... my info from the Tai camp is that he won't be riding anywhere until Torun.

Best translate your information and pass it on to the Poles then...

http://translate.goo...gMYFmpObM4PTxmg

• Like 1

Do they have Tennents Super on draught in the bar at PB?

I don't normally drink, but..............................

I tried the above once and that was enough for me.

It's rocket fuel in a tin. :D

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 1