British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham V Wolverhampton Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg 30/09

That's fair enough...at the time this was the only press article on the subject. It needed to be countermanded, and now it has been. Job done. Thank you!

But for as long as there was nothing to the contrary to that Polish article, what else was there for anyone else to go on? Now we all know different, and we can get on to looking ahead to Craig Cook leading the Wolves out on track on Monday... :P

TAI was quite adamant after Stockholm that he was going to rest for two weeks. Quote: "I am better off (not having surgery) resting for the next couple of weeks and allowing the injury to settle down. So I will rest, go to Torun and do my best."

Tai cannot be responsible for the mis-information being put out by a Polish website and, it seems, the SEC organisers as well. They were quite aware he was not going to ride at a time when they were still including him in the line-up and selling tickets on the back of his appearance.

I OPOLOGIZE IF HE IS NOT TAKING PART :wink:

And fair play to you for saying so.

They were quite aware he was not going to ride at a time when they were still including him in the line-up and selling tickets on the back of his appearance.

Precisely.

Cook over Bjerre...What a shambles.

Unless the referee stamps out Cook's rolling at the start, he actually poses more of a threat than Daddy Bjerre at Perry Barr. This meeting could come down to the referee's eyesight and how good he is at firstly, spotting rollers, and secondly doing something about them.

Do you have Limp Bizkit-Rollin,Rollin,Rollin at the ready if he wins a race on Monday Chris or Eye of the Tiger from the Rocky films :rofl:

Prefer "Roller" by Gillan -

How do you put someone on ignore? Been looking for that facility and never found it ;)

Best translate your information and pass it on to the Poles then...

http://translate.goo...gMYFmpObM4PTxmg

Obviously this Polish website is bit like your Brummie one Martin, not up to date with things!

As the OFFICIAL webmaster of Birmingham

Speedway you've posted some very interesting thoughts about CVS and Peter Adams in the last 48 hours! No sign of any apology for your wrong assumptions then?

• Like 3

Not an argument merely saying what happened plain and simple as that really.

As for gloating about having you muted it was in reply to my post I gathered, you are still muted but you can pick to read individual posts to be fair.

That is just a failed attempt to divert from the fact that Woffinden missed 5 wolves meetings yet right in the middle he was fit enough to finish on the rostrum in a GP.

Sorry if working with basic facts offends you, there are no tints on my glasses.

Your basic facts are wrong, nothing to do with 'tints' on glasses.

Again you have made the same mistake. Woffinden was not fit during that period. He rode through the pain barrier in the GP. Then, unlike what most normal riders would have done (and it would have been understandable) he announced that it would be a lack of respect if he rode in the GP and not for his teams. Thus he then rode the very next day for his Polish team and then again the very next day for Wolves. With the injury he had at the time, it simply wasn't possible for him to do that without there being a major risk of of antagonising it, which of course duly happened.

It was absolutely the correct decision then to rest until the next GP, he wasn't letting anyone down and there wasn't ANY lack of commitment to his club and for you to suggest there was is nothing short of disgraceful. Continuing to ride at that point could have jeopardised his whole season which would have been no use to rider or club.

Still unfit, he raced in the next GP before immediately returning to the Wolves side where again, many a rider would not have done so.

So rather than slag him off which you seem happy to do I would like to congratulate Tai for continuing to dedicate himself to the team, continuing to team ride when it would be safer for him to clear off at the front of the race with the injury he has and leading us like a true No 1.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 3

Ref needs to be watching Smolinski and Auty as well

Why ? Josh's gating is about as good as Bombers.

[

How do you put someone on ignore? Been looking for that facility and never found it ;)

On the right hand side you will see your name, manage ignore preferences is in the drop down list. Just add the `username` and bingo your done.

It makes some particular users bearable (unless you see them in quote then you are usually reminded why you ignore their nonsense!) ;)

Iversen out Cook in

No doubt some will say we are strengthened with this move. :neutral:

the sound of the apologies is deafening

Quick to judge bot slow to respond when wrong, at least Orion has some respect (yes even i`m surprised respect and orion go in the same sentence ;) )

I OPOLOGIZE IF HE IS NOT TAKING PART :wink:

At least you kept your word. :t:

I really don't understand the criticism aimed at Tai! This lad has transformed himself this year (in more ways than one) :wink:

The lad has ambitions to be world champion and he has worked hard to get where he is. He lost his dad in 2010 and I'm sure when he wins the world crown, he will dedicate it to his memory. He comes across as a thoroughly nice lad in interview and even makes the effort to speak in Polish for his Polish fans.

Anyone who rides on having re-broken their collar bone where you could see that he was in agony deserves respect and not all the sniping that's going on here. This is Britain's chance for a world champion in 13 years (and probably even longer for the next) so I say let's get behind him and support him as he truly deserves it.

agree. he is a real pro and fans should get behind him.

Cook is a dreadful guest, Wolves are ripping off the fans here.

No wonder Sky are thinking about whether to renew.

It's the play-off's! SPEND SOME MONEY on a guest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything can happen on the night, An injury to a top brummies rider (Obviously hope not) but why the hell are Wolves not taking this match seriously.

Edited by Hougaard Racing Fans
  • Like 1

Cook is a dreadful guest, Wolves are ripping off the fans here.

No wonder Sky are thinking about whether to renew.

It's the play-off's! SPEND SOME MONEY on a guest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything can happen on the night, An injury to a top brummies rider (Obviously hope not) but why the hell are Wolves not taking this match seriously.

Do you think that Cook will do any worse than PUK did in the 1st leg :wink:

Cook over Bjerre...What a shambles.

Says on Twitter that Bjerre has pulled out of the Goldenhelmet for family reasons so probably unavailable to guest

Someone tell me Wolves are joking in bringing in Cook as their number one?

If true it's an absolute disgrace and Wolves are waiving the white flag before a wheel has turned in anger. A complete joke and the Wolves management should be fined for lack of effort.

No disrespect meant towards Cook, but an EL number one he is not. Surely there were better guests to book?

Disgraceful.

Craig Cook scored 3,3,0,3 for Belle Vue in the league match at Birmingham and 0,3,3,3,2 in an early season Challange at Birmingham,

So maybe not such a bad guest after all!!!