British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham V Wolverhampton Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg 30/09

FROM BRUMMIES SITE

Selco Brummies Promoter Graham Drury wishes to confirm to all interested parties that Ben Barker WILL be racing for Birmingham tonight.

Barker visited hospital last night after picking up a hand injury. Drury said "I can confirm Ben has broken his little finger and will have it strapped up for tonight's meeting.

"Wild horses couldn't keep Ben from representing the Selco Brummies and we head into tonight's match full strength and raring to race".

Birmingham Speedway can confirm a big screen will be in place between the first and second bends so fans can take in the other Semi Final at Poole.

Edited by Chris BART Simpson
  • Like 1

FROM BRUMMIES SITE

Selco Brummies Promoter Graham Drury wishes to confirm to all interested parties that Ben Barker WILL be racing for Birmingham tonight.

Barker visited hospital last night after picking up a hand injury. Drury said "I can confirm Ben has broken his little finger and will have it strapped up for tonight's meeting.

"Wild horses couldn't keep Ben from representing the Selco Brummies and we head into tonight's match full strength and raring to race".

Birmingham Speedway can confirm a big screen will be in place between the first and second bends so fans can take in the other Semi Final at Poole.

That's good news for the team going into the meeting.

Best wishes to the Brummie boys tonight :t:

• Like 3

Glad to hear it. Good luck to the Brummies tonight.

that might get one inch of national newspaper coverage, and no TV news coverage outside Sky?

As far newspaper coverage goes, they probably won't get that. BBC West Midlands were at Wolverhampton last week and will almost certainly be at Perry Barr tonight. Doubt whether Central TV will bother.

As far newspaper coverage goes, they probably won't get that. BBC West Midlands were at Wolverhampton last week and will almost certainly be at Perry Barr tonight. Doubt whether Central TV will bother.

ITV as a whole channel is a waste of a frequency, people moan about the BBC, but whatever the faults, Midlands Today realises their more to news than scaremongering and how cr*p the Villa were at the weekend.

Someone tell me Wolves are joking in bringing in Cook as their number one?

No disrespect meant towards Cook, but an EL number one he is not. Surely there were better guests to book?

Disgraceful.

Alternatives?

ITV as a whole channel is a waste of a frequency, people moan about the BBC, but whatever the faults, Midlands Today realises their more to news than scaremongering and how cr*p the Villa were at the weekend.

Villa were truly awful at the weekend and had a terrible result on Saturday, so there's zero chance of the Brummies being on Central news tonight. ;)

• Like 1

Alternatives?

Well from Barrow Boy's last published list......................

01-Neils Kristian Iversen-King's Lynn

02-Kenneth Bjerre-Peterborough

03-Tai Woffinden-Wolverhampton

04-Darcy Ward-Poole

05-Greg Hancock-Poole

06-Peter Kildemand-Swindon

07-Freddie Lindgren-Wolverhampton

08-Matej Zagar-Belle Vue

09-Bjarne Pedersen-Eastbourne

10-Craig Cook-Belle Vue

Only 3 others that could/should be considered.

The jury seemed to have a majority decision that Bjerre wasn't the man for the job which leaves 2.

Not sure whether Zagar or Pedersen would have been available or would have wanted the gig.

And as pointed out in a previous post, "Craig Cook scored 3,3,0,3 for Belle Vue in the league match at Birmingham and 0,3,3,3,2 in an early season Challenge at Birmingham,"

So it seems a pretty simple no brainer decision was taken to go for Cookie.

And as for the "no disrespect..." comments, you can't get much more disrespectful than that.

But hey ho I would expect that from a few defenders of the "Elite"(really?) borefest.

It seems to be - my club loses more money than your club so my club is better than yours.

Hopefully next year will be the rude awakening when the Sky money has gone.

• Like 1

But hey ho I would expect that from a few defenders of the "Elite"(really?) borefest.

Nobody has to defend anything. Elite League is the highest level of speedway in the UK. That is a fact.

I don't spend much time on the PL section as I support an EL team.. but tell me, is it inundated with EL fans coming on there to tell them there league is incorrectly named (which it actually is)?

• Like 2

Nobody has to defend anything. Elite League is the highest level of speedway in the UK. That is a fact.

I don't spend much time on the PL section as I support an EL team.. but tell me, is it inundated with EL fans coming on there to tell them there league is incorrectly named (which it actually is)?

We know the EL is incorrectly named, so why should they do that?

...And as pointed out in a previous post, "Craig Cook scored 3,3,0,3 for Belle Vue in the league match at Birmingham and 0,3,3,3,2 in an early season Challenge at Birmingham,"

And as I pointed out, it will depend on how the referee judges rolling starts as to how effective he will be tonight. Those zeros in his score charts are where he didn't get rollers in the Belle Vue meetings. "All or nothing" scores like this are indicative of "Gating Tarts" and "Rizzlers" the latter of which is an apt description of the situation here.

Nice to see that he can afford to travel to Birmingham and be a guest for the Wolves. Makes a change from him trying to pull out of the GB team earlier in the year on cost grounds.

We know the EL is incorrectly named, so why should they do that?

Name me a higher level of league racing in this country then.

Let's be truthful here. I wouldn't back Wolves with your money. So what's left? An improvement on our last visit. Check. Peter Adams doing his job properly and taking every opportunity to maximise our chances ( ;) ) Check. Craig Cook ramming it up the backsides of those who thought he wasn't up to the job. Check. No more injuries for either side. Check. Swindon to bury...sorry, wrong match. COYW.

Think there are indeed a few posters who like to bang the drum about how wonderful the EL (still) is and how poor any other league must therefore be.

I'm sorry but the EL ceased to be very elite when the top world stars stopped riding in it regularly.

I will agree however that the naming structure of all the leagues is ridiculous.

The Elite is now a long way from being elite.

The Premier is certainly not the highest tier league.

The National only has English teams in it as far as I am aware.

But getting away from the semantics, the EL is now pretty much only a PL+ standard, with a handful of guys who are at a higher level e.g., Woffie, Ward and a few others.

However, my post was actually to do with respect or the lack of it, shown by a few posters to the guy who is way ahead of the rest of the PL and has added 2 points to his EL average this season.

And as I pointed out, it will depend on how the referee judges rolling starts as to how effective he will be tonight. Those zeros in his score charts are where he didn't get rollers in the Belle Vue meetings. "All or nothing" scores like this are indicative of "Gating Tarts" and "Rizzlers" the latter of which is an apt description of the situation here.

Nice to see that he can afford to travel to Birmingham and be a guest for the Wolves. Makes a change from him trying to pull out of the GB team earlier in the year on cost grounds.

I suggest you watch some of the many video clips of Cookie's races this season to see whether he is just a gating tart.

I think you'll find he is more than capable coming from the back.

• Like 1