British Speedway Forum
manchesterpaul

Which Rider Is Involved In The Most Falls And Why?

Wilkinson. End of topic.

Absolutely right! For a rider of his experience it's a bit strange. When he dropped to reserve a lot of people said he would be just as big a scorer as Dyer, but he throws away loads of points through falls and sub-standard equipment.

Wilkinson. End of topic.

Beat me to it.

He is a 100% effort Rider though - and I like that. :t:

Adam Roynon seems to be a crash magnet, cannot believe the number of crashes that poor lad has been involved in....

He doesn't fall any more than average. He just gets injured when he does.

He doesn't fall any more than average. He just gets injured when he does.

He allways seems to in the wrong place wrong time. Unluckiest definately

• Like 1

Adam Roynon stands out as one of the unluckiest riders the sport has ever seen. He is an excellent rider with a smooth, safe style but he really does have an unfortunate habit of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and every time he goes down he seems to get a really serious injury. He had the last bad injury of last season at Kings Lynn and the first one of this year at Coventry. We love him at Dudley - an excellent No1 and skipper.

If it hadn't been for all the injuries I firmly believe he would be a GB international by now and possibly in the shake up for a Grand Prix place. That's how good he could have been if he had been luckier. There is still time to get there of course and the very best of luck to him. The Heathens would support him all the way and he knows it!

I think upper body strength may also have something to do with it also, have seen Cameron Woodward come close to ' mishaps ' at Eastbourne on a number of times this year, but seems to have a natural strength to avoid the air fence.

Most crashes? As I have said before - and gave two names - pre- and post-war mainly West Ham favoruites Phil 'King of Crash' Bishop and Jack 'Crash A Day' Cooley.

So far as Bishop was concerned, he started riding in 1928 and was still active in Europe (and falling off - in the main overslides I think because of his legtrail style) into the mid-1960s. Few riders have been active for some 35 years as he was. And he was a wonderful guy as well. :approve:

Edited by Guest

Going back a bit,Martin Ashby's nickname was "Crashby" i think i am right in saying.He had already acquired the name by the time i really noticed him so i am not sure if it was because he crashed a lot or it just was an easy tag for someone as i don't recall him crashing that much if at all.Didn't Briggo also have a reputation of crashing fairly often when he first came over.Guess it was just over trying as he certainly didn't lack skill on a bike

Going back a bit,Martin Ashby's nickname was "Crashby" i think i am right in saying.He had already acquired the name by the time i really noticed him so i am not sure if it was because he crashed a lot or it just was an easy tag for someone as i don't recall him crashing that much if at all.Didn't Briggo also have a reputation of crashing fairly often when he first came over.Guess it was just over trying as he certainly didn't lack skill on a bike

Funny that Iris, didnt Martin get that reputation nicknamed Crash when he first started out 61/63 in scratch events.?You would think it was a different bloke always in control a great style great team man and person and a great rider.
  • Like 2

Funny that Iris, didnt Martin get that reputation nicknamed Crash when he first started out 61/63 in scratch events.?You would think it was a different bloke always in control a great style great team man and person and a great rider.

Hear, hear!!! :t::approve: