British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king

Sheffield 2014

It's no good getting all wound up about not knowing.

You can't sign a rider to a club you don't own.

I am sure the people buying the club will let us know as soon as they can.

• Like 1

WHAT?........................ we haven't got a team yet, and your worried about injuries and who we will use as guest.

as we all know injuries are part and parcel of the sport, so its no use worrying if someone will get injured at this stage.

• Like 1

If we don't get another big hitter and then either Stead gets injured again or Roynon doesn't reach or consistantly maintain his average, we'll be in the 2012/13 doodah again.

I know steady has been training in the boxing gym but is the plan for a punch up with the other team if we are down on points ? :)

Quote in the Speedway Star is that two riders will be announced this week.

If this is true then I would guess that there will be announcement Wednesday/Thursday.

Given the assumption that team building is being held up pending a decision on Nick Morris by the BSPA General Council, can anyone provide a clue as to when the General Council meets? (It could be July for all I know!)

Given the assumption that team building is being held up pending a decision on Nick Morris by the BSPA General Council, can anyone provide a clue as to when the General Council meets? (It could be July for all I know!)

Don't Quote me but I think it was yesterday.

There was a BSPA Management Committee meeting yesterday so may have been discussed there?

As for team building/club matters we might not hear much club information until the handover from Neil to the consortium is completed, which according to today's Sheffield Star should hopefully be in the next few days.

Edited by Tigerite
  • Like 1

Yesterday, going into today - if the Team GB announcement is anything to go by!!!!

I forgot to mention that there was an excellent letter from Ian Hunter in last week's comic, summarising his view of how Neil Machin has lost his enthusiasm for the sport and how the promoters need to 'wake up and smell the coffee'. We'll done Ian.

I see that Koppe is holding is own in the Scunthorpe winter series - competed in 2 out of 3 rounds so far, second in the first and then won last weekend. Not the strongest line up I concede, but most are riders that know their way round the EWR

I see that Koppe is holding is own in the Scunthorpe winter series - competed in 2 out of 3 rounds so far, second in the first and then won last weekend. Not the strongest line up I concede, but most are riders that know their way round the EWR

It is typical of Damien, he seems to be so determined to succeed.

To my mind, on his average, and the form he showed before he was injured last season, he should be a cert for the team.

fixtures out 9am tomorrow !!!(apparently)

fixtures out 9am tomorrow !!!(apparently)

Rather have a rider announcement.Doesnt look as if the morris situation was sorted at b.s.p.a. meeting !!! No news ?