British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king

Sheffield 2014

The full list of confirmed starters so far for the Air Fence Fund Bonanza is: Simon Stead, Leigh Lanham, Adam Roynon, Andre Compton (Sheffield), Patrick Hougaard (Leicester), Josh Auty, Ashley Birks (Scunthorpe), Rory Schlein (King’s Lynn), Ty Proctor (Wolverhampton / Somerset).

I have been a huge fan of Sheffield for many years, and we have never had a manager that I have or the fans have felt comfortable with. When I header that Joe Screen had be chosen to be the manager I was horrified. The real man for the job is Jack Lee. Jack Lee is like the Alex Ferguson of speedway, he has lots of experience in speedway being the Buxton Hitmen manager for over 20 years. He has won lots of trophy's and could lead Sheffield Tigers to a successful 2014 season . At Buxton he has brought up so fantastic English riders: Simon Stead, Craig Cook, Andre Compton and Charles Wright.

By making Jack Lee as the manager you will be doing justice for all of Sheffield speedway, all the lads in speedway love him and wanted him to be the manager and I bet the fans do too.

I hope you realise the mistake you have made by putting Joe Screen as the manager and not Jack Lee, Jack is a popular and well respected figure within speedway. GET IT SORTED !

JACK LEE AS TEAM MANAGER !

Good night last night with some good interviews by nigel pearson,especially Sean Wilson an Doug Wyer.Interesting that dougy will be our gating coach,that should be a big help to our lads.Looking forward to the new season now.Suprised didn't see hoggy last night ater all hes done through the winter.

Good night last night with some good interviews by nigel pearson,especially Sean Wilson an Doug Wyer.Interesting that dougy will be our gating coach,that should be a big help to our lads.Looking forward to the new season now.Suprised didn't see hoggy last night ater all hes done through the winter.

That is a surprise; I got the impression Hoggy put all the hard work in to keep speedway at Sheffield I would have thought he'd have been there to have his efforts recognised by the fans.

Looking forward to tonight! It should be good

What do you know, I was right - it was a good night!

• Like 1

That is a surprise; I got the impression Hoggy put all the hard work in to keep speedway at Sheffield I would have thought he'd have been there to have his efforts recognised by the fans.

Rumours around that Hoggy is no longer involved, dont know how true it is, but was surprised he wasnt there last night.

hope the rumours are wrong

Rumours around that Hoggy is no longer involved, dont know how true it is, but was surprised he wasnt there last night.

hope the rumours are wrong

Hopefully just a rumour, but that's very worrying signs if it comes true...

• Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyed last night.

Sean Wilson and The Flyer Wyer were excellent value for money, hopefully we will see more of Sean at Sheffield, and nice to see that Doug is going to help Josh Bates with his gating.

All the other Legends were good value for money as well.

Not too sure whether the Hoggy rumour is true or not, I hope not I think that he still has something to offer the club, and he did some sterling work getting the consortium together, but if he has left then I wish him all the best.

• Like 1

To all Tigers fans, the final STAARS gathering this winter will be next Thursday (13th March 2014) from 8pm at the New Barrack Tavern on Penistone Road, Sheffield (0.5miles south of Owlerton Stadium.) All are Welcome!

Like everyone else there last night was surprised by Hoggy's absence. He didn't give Reg Wilson an early lift home did he?

Although it was a good turn out there were others (known to me) that disappointed me by not showing up! I understand that over 2k was raised last night, brilliant, well done to all those who showed up and were thoroughly entertained by Nigel Pearson's interviews with our heroes of the past & present!

• Like 2

Thoroughly enjoyed last night.

Sean Wilson and The Flyer Wyer were excellent value for money, hopefully we will see more of Sean at Sheffield, and nice to see that Doug is going to help Josh Bates with his gating.

All the other Legends were good value for money as well.

Not too sure whether the Hoggy rumour is true or not, I hope not I think that he still has something to offer the club, and he did some sterling work getting the consortium together, but if he has left then I wish him all the best.

Why would he leave having put a consortium together to buy the place? That just does not add up.