British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king

Sheffield 2014

As long as Simon is available for Team GB when required, I can't see why he shouldn't be free to ride for Sheffield on other days. Seems like another case of foot shooting by the FIM to me.

• Like 2

Just found this in FIM regs:-

078.3.6 Signing-on

All Team Managers and their respective riders who wish to practice must sign on at the date and time stipulated in the SR, which should not be later than 30 minutes before the first International Jury meeting. Riders who do not wish to practice may however sign on during Race day according to the times stipulated in the SR.

When a Team Manager or a rider has signed on, he is deemed to have entered the meeting and is not permitted to take part in any other motorcycle meeting until the completion of the FIM Speedway World Cup, unless eliminated from the competition.

The signing-on area in the pits must be clearly marked by a board, bearing the inscription “Signing-On”.

I'm picturing Nigel Pearson interviewing Simon Stead on SKY on Monday and wondering how Speedway will come across to the general public.

• Like 1

As long as Simon is available for Team GB when required, I can't see why he shouldn't be free to ride for Sheffield on other days. Seems like another case of foot shooting by the FIM to me.

As England are straight through to the final on Saturday. I find it beyond belief why Simon Stead should not be available to ride tomorrow night, at the first televised match from Owlerton for donkeys years. Surely this is another failure to grab some publicity for the Tigers by using a rider who is actually a team member. Is it any wonder attendances continue to fall. Piss up and Brewery,come to mind

Edited by baz

As England are straight through to the final on Saturday. I find it beyond belief why Simon Stead should not be available to ride tomorrow night, at the first televised match from Owlerton for donkeys years. Surely this is another failure to grab some publicity for the Tigers by using a rider who is actually a team member. Is it any wonder attendances continue to fall. Piss up and Brewery,come to mind

I doubt team GB management would be happy if SS was to ride tomorrow night and end up injured, but I see your point.

It's not perfect, but the Sheffield promotion probably didn't expect SS to get a GB call up when they accepted the booking.

I doubt team GB management would be happy if SS was to ride tomorrow night and end up injured, but I see your point.

It's not perfect, but the Sheffield promotion probably didn't expect SS to get a GB call up when they accepted the booking.

Would be interested to know if any of the |GB team will ride before next Saturday.

Would be interested to know if any of the |GB team will ride before next Saturday.

My guess is that they won't.

Danny King did not ride a t Newcastle last night, and the other two only have Elite League fixtures and they don't have any fixtures as the Elite has taken a break.

I think you will find that the same will have happened in all the other countries as well.

But that never seems to matter when a rider rides for 2 teams. For example in the elite league one night and on the continent a couple of nights later.

Can you say what the difference is, the risk of injury is just the same, and affects both the riders teams

Edited by baz

Its part of the FIM regulations for the SWC.

Richie Worrall is the official reserve and therefore is unlikely to even get a ride but now he is signed up for the competition he wont be at Foxhall on Thursday.

May be frustrating us fans of the clubs affected but we just have to accept that internationals come first. We need to be proud our riders have been selected.

At Ipswich we're missing Gino too on Thursday.

• Like 3

I see Ricky has been discharged from hospital today

Earlier in the season when i asked if Sheffield were to hold a benefit meeting for him i was told it was on the agenda, but it seems to have gone quiet on that front.

Anyone heard anything about such a meeting?

If Sheffield could organize a benefit meeting, I would definitely attend. Was at the fateful meeting at Scunthorpe, & I am delighted that Ricky is making steady progress.

I see Ricky has been discharged from hospital today

Earlier in the season when i asked if Sheffield were to hold a benefit meeting for him i was told it was on the agenda, but it seems to have gone quiet on that front.

Anyone heard anything about such a meeting?

It will happen.
  • Like 4

Any idea when?

Would be nice to know to make sure do not arrange something else for that date.

What a great signing! Didn't see that one coming! Welcome Nico!!