British Speedway Forum
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Comets V Witches Plpo 28 Sept

Surprised to see no thread started for this one. Wouldve thought a Worky fan may at least have wanted to stick it up us smug southerners. wink

Perhaps all a bit unsure that they can still pull it off?

Will the Witches win? I doubt it - even a consolation point is unlikely.

Can the Witches win? Of course they can!

Phoenix from the flames scenario needed but you never know!

C'mon the Witches show some pride and give em a shock!

Probably a lack of thread from our point of view coz we pretty much know what's going to happen and it ain't gonna likely be pretty for us I'm afraid !

I fancy the fat lady will be singing before heat 15....

Edited by blupanther

Par for the course now I'm afraid guy's, very little interest from Comets "fans" on here thesedays, getting a bit dull??

Forum been very slow lately for me in loading up any pages etc and I've given up waiting more times than enough!!

:blink:

As for tonight's meeting, weather is set fair so track should be perfect and looking forward to what should be a very good match up.

You Ipswich guy's do yourselves a disservice, do you not remember that the League fixture came off the back of a sixty point tonking here and you promptly waltzed off with 3pts which could have been four!!

It is more than possible for you to get a result here, although we will be doing our utmost to make sure that doesn't happen, so don't be too downhearted, you do have form here!! :t:

As for Comets, well we deffo need the full house to keep the pressure on E,boro and we do seem to be in the right frame of mind to do the job so I'm looking at a relatively comfortable 50-40 result and hope that Ippo will do us a big favour and down the Monarchs at Foxhall next week? ;)

• Like 1

maybe the lack of an early thread being started by a Workington fan is something to do with the blasting we got from an ippo fan on the updates site... up to date heat by heat results are available on the OFFICIAL WORKINGTON SITE. typed in capitals because the southern softies are a bit thick now and then.. ippo to squeeze a point out of this meeting. remember .. WORKINGTON SPEEDWAY FOR ALL THE LIVE UPDATES..

• Like 1

Although we won there earlier in the year which I watched, the track was really slick and we just gated and stayed infront, much the same as what the comets done to us on Thursday. The way our team is set up at the moment I wouldn't be surprised to see a 30 point loss, but I shall try and stay positive even though I don't think we have a cat in hells chance.

maybe the lack of an early thread being started by a Workington fan is something to do with the blasting we got from an ippo fan on the updates site... up to date heat by heat results are available on the OFFICIAL WORKINGTON SITE. typed in capitals because the southern softies are a bit thick now and then.. ippo to squeeze a point out of this meeting. remember .. WORKINGTON SPEEDWAY FOR ALL THE LIVE UPDATES..

Also available on Speedway Updates......

Jenga, if there was a problem, you really should drop me a private message to let me know and I can always see what can be done to ensure it doesn't happen again in future....I am quite approachable really and I do so hate people getting antsy or rude with others, especially on my site.

I do wish we could get over this rivalry or competition in regards to meeting updates, sites working together or helping each other can only benefit the fans.

Edited by crazysue
  • Like 5

So someone doesn't like what was said obviously because it was offensive, but someone can call people thick, sounds like double standards to me.

• Like 1

No need to shout - as the White Knight has been reminded, regularly, capitals are disallowed in the BSF rules :)

Also, what's the lack of a BSF early thread got to do with Live Updates? Blimey - your lot produced a briliant win at Foxhall on thursday, and you're still angry?!

IMHO, there's no need to have anywhere other than Live Updates. People might not agree with that opinion, but why should I have to look elsewhere when Live Updates is the perfect single British updates site. That's all.

Edited by Had Enough
  • Like 3

Taxi for morten. Well done Ritchie, great to see a bit of fight from one of our riders. Also well done to the comets, good luck in the finals.

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

Taxi for morten.

Yes I have to admit my patience with Risager has finally run out. He should be a decent rider at this level, but he continues to generally disappoint with a few good moments here and there.

Well done to the Comets.

Edited by CardinalSin
  • Like 2

Yes I have to admit my patience with Risager has finally run out. He should be a decent rider at this level, but he continues to generally disappoint with a few good moments here and there.

Well done to the Comets.

Well we have someone at Armadale to share the fair=Vissing :D

• Like 1

Looks like you Comets have to rely on us to get a result against Edinburgh at Ipswich Thursday. I wouldn't hold your breath as they are meaningless meetings for Ipswich now as they can't qualify. Also if we don't win the league cup tomorrow they will be even more deflated.

Time for Morten to say goodbye to Ipswich as I wouldn't have him in the team next season. We were doing fine until he caused a rift in the camp and forced them to put him at five because he thought he was "Billy Big Balls". The same fate should fall on him as happened with Dakota North last season, don't come back.

• Like 1

Taxi for morten.

To be honest, Barker wasn't much better, he should be scoring more than that.

Cracking meeting and a superb advert for the play off system :approve:

Gate up about 20% (first time I have seen cars parked on the grass outside Tesco for years) some decent racing and a knife edge finish.

Fingers crossed for Tungate, the crash was truly awful.

Two other things : I thought the new announcer was a bit of a tool last time but he did a very good job tonight. :approve:

Poor refereeing performance. Whether you agree with riders anticipating the start or not, there has to be consistency. He allowed Lawson, Lanham & Harrison to get away with them then stopped heat 15 for the same reason. :angry:

Yes Barker should be scoring more, and often does in the elite league, which is strange, but at least he entertains, morten does nothing, talks the talk, but very rarely delivers, and doesn't exactly entertain either. Management have to take blame for leaving him at 5 also, they should have moved him to 2 ages ago, would it have made a difference, yes I believe it would have. Let's hope he we don't lose the cup tomorrow too.

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1