British Speedway Forum
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Comets V Witches Plpo 28 Sept

Well done Worky to dispatch the Group favourites :approve:

Cannot envisage Monarchs taking four points off Ipswich as apart from Cookie, we are poor at Foxhall Heath and unlikely to get within six points there.

With the October Green Sheets taking effect, Max Fricke moves into main body and Derek Sneddon drops to reserve which will restrict Edinburgh's scoring options.

On the other hand, Witches can now replace Ellis with a PL guest and together with the in-form Hawkins as the other reserve, expect this to be decisively in favour of Ipswich at home.

To be honest, Barker wasn't much better, he should be scoring more than that.

Yes he should, and he does for Birmingham lately in a tougher league which shouldn't happen and is quite frustrating.

I also think it's been clear this season that Foxhall isn't a favourite of Barker as he's generally failed to get to grips with it on a consistent basis.

He's had his moments at Foxhall, but they've generally been against mediocre opposition.

To be honest, Barker wasn't much better, he should be scoring more than that.

Cracking meeting and a superb advert for the play off system :approve:

Gate up about 20% (first time I have seen cars parked on the grass outside Tesco for years) some decent racing and a knife edge finish.

Fingers crossed for Tungate, the crash was truly awful.

Two other things : I thought the new announcer was a bit of a tool last time but he did a very good job tonight. :approve:

Poor refereeing performance. Whether you agree with riders anticipating the start or not, there has to be consistency. He allowed Lawson, Lanham & Harrison to get away with them then stopped heat 15 for the same reason. :angry:

i thought it was funny that lanham went back round in the heat rusty got a flyer when in lanhams previous heat he was the one to get the flyer

Fantastic meeting tonight some great racing, and Ipswich fans don't be too harsh on your lads they pushed us hard, Hawkins was without doubt the outstanding rider for the witches. As for us the whole team pulled together never seen the lads so animated and up for it. Ht 15 was a classic it was like going back to 1999 with the entire crowd on their feet as Rich and Rene took the 5-1 to take all 3 points.

All I can say now is good luck to Ipswich on Thursday you will have every Comets fan shouting you on

Edited by stemoc
  • Like 2

Fantastic meeting which had everything. Firstly I really hope Tungate is ok because that was a very nasty crash. The speed he went into the fence was frightening and smashed two boards and a post. Passing close racing tight score brilliant heat 15. That's what speedway is all about and great to see a big crowd brilliant atmohere.

• Like 1

So near and yet so far - we seem to have gone off the boil just at the wrong time.

Tonights score was as good as I expected in the circumstances.

Well done to Ritchie for a great performance to at least keep us in it until close to the bitter end.

Well done Worky - well deserved table toppers at this point. I think most Witches fans will hope we can do you a favour - we dislike you a little bit less than the Monarchs! wink

Last but not least fingers crossed for Rohan.

• Like 2

That atmosphere will stay with me for a long time, truly special. Loved it when Rene got off his bike at the end giving it the 'we are not worthy'

Best wishes to Rohan, looked absolutely horrific

• Like 2

Lawson better than Cookie?

Not sure how you work that one out. Last week at DP clearly omitted from your recall then.As Steve Whitehead said tonight Cookie has won 15 straight against the Comets in the last 7 days.

Worky definitely hungrier team tonight and deserved the win and 3 points.I reckon that should get them through to the finals.

That developed into a very tidy match which just got a little too close for comfort, wish I could get my lotto No's with that degree of accuracy!! :D

Outstanding performance from the team tonight, dodgy starts included, Rich Lawson was like the Rich Lawson of a few years back and really pushed the boat out, some great manoeuvres tonight!! :t:

To be fair tho, the whole team stood up to the plate, Ash should have got more than he did but like Millsy, same thing again, just seems wanting in the out and out power stakes, to my eye that's all that's missing cant fault the effort from both!!

For Ipswich easily the standout was Richie Hawkins, rolled a few years back and looked fast most of the night, only failure being the last of 3 on the trot, cant do that on a big track like ours, killer!!

Barker was good in patches as was Lanham with Heeps just getting going a bit too late at No2, Tungate was looking good til he t-boned the fourth bend fence at some considerable rate of knots, never seen a better ad for a softer impact point than that one, hope the guy's up and about sometime soon, very nasty looker from where I was? :o All the best my friend!!

Well, that's all we can do now, colours are nailed to the mast it's in the lap of the god's how we do from here or failing that, an Ippo home win Thurs so, come on Witches, do it for us, you know you want to!! ;)

Bit of an up to Steve on the mike this evening, my word he was really stimulated by his own, "Do you believe" speech, had a bit of Martin Lutheresque about it!! :D :D

Fair play to him tho, made a change to see him move about a bit and at least I now know what he looks like!! ;)

I did say Lawson is better than Cook.

Good performance from the Comets

With 2 maximums at Workington and another last night there's no doubt Cook can have the son of god for breakfast,lunch,diner & supper

A fantastic night of speedway , sore throat today 😊 Ipswich pushed us all the way fair play to them they put up a fight , Risager the big let down for them . Great to see the lads after heat 15 you could see how much it meant to them , we were the big underdogs coming into these playoffs and with pure determination the lads have done us proud .

Now I know I give you Ippo fans some stick but I will be cheering you on come Thursday , lets hope you ride for pride and do us Comets fans a massive favour 😉

Wishing Rohan a speedy recovery that was a horrific crash , best wishes to him

We Are The Comets - We believe 😉😊

hopefully thursday will confirm if we are in the playoff final or not and then we can make plans for the bigest 2 meetings in the clubs history

but where and when is the final likely to take place