British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Poole V Birmingham 1st Leg Grand Final

I wonder which one is Stevebrum and Gavan.. :D

I wonder if any fan on here can tell me the last side since the start of the Sky Sports EL which has made four, yes, 4 finals on the trot? CBE's in the new years honours list for both Neil and Matt for services to British Speedway if we win this.. :t:

Two pea's in a pod Starman.

Edited by Poole Quay 7

Definately Brums to lose.

Sorry, we aint falling for any mind games, any side in a grand final be default will be hugely difficult opposition, Poole might have finished 4th, but they still beat the 2nd best team since March to be facing us.

Only prediction I'll make is the score after two legs will have less than 8, possibly 6 in it, Brum can win it, but can't afford too many f**k ups against Poole's lower order.

Im sure Brimingham would let them swap THJ and Josh G for Miskowiak and Stachyra if they like!

doesnt this staement show how the injury to Ward enabled them to be stronger?

only the clown Shovlar believes otherwise.

For injury raveged seasons look at Wolves and Lynn.

:rolleyes:

Surprised your (not very good) understudy internetman et al hasnt liked your quoted post yet. It must be like having a love sick puppy, bless. :t::P

I'm so pleased internetman made such an impression on you steve that even after all this time, you still feel the need to keep on bringing the name up.

I enjoy giving likes for posts that I actually do like and more importantly - I'm pleased that personally, I am not insecure enough to feel the need to see who has got what afterwards and particularly on my own posts!....Unlike someone else of course. :rolleyes:

Edited by Poole Quay 7

Im sure Brimingham would let them swap THJ and Josh G for Miskowiak and Stachyra if they like!

Very true, THJ and Josh have been terrific lately and when they have so many rides between them, if either was off form we wouldn't have a hope, part of me wants Rohan to be back but would we have won with him in the team last night?

Sorry, we aint falling for any mind games, any side in a grand final be default will be hugely difficult opposition, Poole might have finished 4th, but they still beat the 2nd best team since March to be facing us.

Only prediction I'll make is the score after two legs will have less than 8, possibly 6 in it, Brum can win it, but can't afford too many f**k ups against Poole's lower order.

Birmingham can win it - so can Poole....That's what makes it such an exciting final. I agree that it could very well be determined by the teams riders that make the least mistakes but I also think the caliber of each rider will be tested and I think Poole just about win that one?...However, the spirit in the Brummie team is first class and that has to be taken into account as well.

This final is actually a tough one for me because I was born in Brum and brought up in B6 ( Aston Park my playground!) and I first visited Perry Barr many years ago as a nipper. We moved to Poole and after Birmingham speedway stopped for about 20 years? my allegiance also moved to my home town team Poole speedway.

I have to be honest and say I would just about like to see Poole win an exhilarating final but if they lose, then nothing would give me more pleasure than to see the Birmingham Brummies hold that silverware up with pride.

As always, may the best team win and both meetings, be free of accidents.

Edited by Poole Quay 7

Smolinski and Doyle are the key to this. If they are firing, Brummies can win this, if not Poole will be too strong in the heat leader department.

I think this could be a very entertaining final, two teams built completely differently.

Edited by jimmy jimmy

Show me a post where I said that. I am a fan of the playoffs and always have been, even if it bites occassionally.

The best thing to happen to the sport in recent times.

I didn't mention being a fan.

The fact is you spent the whole of last Winter saying that the team that finished top are the true champions. As I say, it's a good job I remember your rubbish as you clearly don't.

• Like 1

I really can't see Poole taking anything less than a 10 point lead to Birmingham

Should have gone to specsavers.. :wink:

Should have gone to specsavers.. :wink:

I didn't have much trouble predicting last nighs match ;)

Darcy Ward - 13

Thomas H. Jonasson - 7

Greg Hancock - 12

Rohan Tungate - 6

Maciej Janowski - 8

Josh Grajczonek - 6

Micky Dyer - 2

Total = 54 points

I don't think this will be too far off tbh.

Well here we are. No one expected us to get this far. I am still laughing to myself at Stevebrums posts. he just didn't have a clue. "The also rans, the lightweights". LOL!

And where's Gavan? His ban is surely over now. Or has he gone AWOL, only to re-appear if we lose to Brum in the final? He has been slating Poole all season. Probably gone into a self imposed exile or topped himself after heat 14 last night.

So Pirates go into the final against the best team in the Elite league this season. Brum have been tremendous all season and against all the odds kept the same 1-7. They have maintained momentum and deservedly finished top of the league. They easily brushed aside a very poor injury hit Wolves team and now it is all down to 2 meetings.

Pirates scrapped into the playoffs and battled past Swindon to setup a great looking final. I don't for one minute go with the bookies on this one and see Brum as favourites for the title. Their strength throughout the 1-7 is far stronger than Poole. as proved throughout the season where they haven't been hammered at all. Why should that happen suddenly next Monday?

Definately Brums to lose. And the great thing about it is that us Poole fans can't actually believe we have got through to the final! That alone is a remarkable acheivement and means this season has been a brilliant success win or lose over the two legs.

Whatever the result, (and obviously I want to see Poole win it) I hope the two meetings are very exciting nail biting encounters played out in decent weather in front of two massive crowds. A fitting way to end what has been an enjoyable season.

Come on Steve ...you been saying all season that Brum are not very good and won't win nowt

• Like 1

I didn't have much trouble predicting last nighs match ;)

Pretty impressive I must admit, now if you could pm me the lotto results for Saturday i'll be very very grateful...

another smug poole blue tint.

Middlo is hopeless tactically we all know that. He is Matt Fords puppet and his cry baby antics drive me up the wall. last night on that ploughed filed Josh hits a rut and goes in the fence and that clown blames Hans!! clueless!

As proved by his selections at the World Cup

Blue tint, always lived Poole so why not. Known Middlo long time and good chap. End day against all odds and pretty much everyone on here wishing Poole the worst we won and will win the final. Watch the re runs he did hit Josh but who cares even with the luck going swindons way we still stuffed them. As for cry babies think Roscoe been there and owns the t shirt.

It will be funnier watching Poole lose in the final than the semis. So I werent that bothered!! Pearson will be gutted when Brum win and you can write the script for the Pirates with Middlo and Ford saying no one expected us to get this far and Shovvy on here saying the same Dream on, Poole are not going to lose.

Come on Steve ...you been saying all season that Brum are not very good and won't win nowt

Don't agree with Steve on this one, we WIN without a doubt .

Unlikely I know, but if anyone is driving to the meeting from somewhere near Luton or London and has a spare space in their car send me a PM!