British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Poole V Birmingham 1st Leg Grand Final

Good call Andy on ROTN. Thought Josh did a brilliant job.

..so Poole will become the most unjust champions in the sports history..but that's what you are liable to get with play-offs so the other promoters cannot complain can they. Rules that allow those with the nous to manipulate so blatantly for their own means are alienating the majority of would be EL punters i'm afraid...as many have said before...who will poole race against when everyone else has given up...Bournemouth?

:rofl: Poole and Matt will just put on big internationals, big open meetings etc, should elite racing fail at some point Poole will always be at the front with ideas. :wink:

Good call Andy on ROTN. Thought Josh did a brilliant job.

Indeed Steve he was, might be a Meridian logo on his suit for 2014 ;)

Are you looking to come back in as main team sponsor Andy?

Seems there could be a bit of a battle for that position, or have Coastal got another year to run? There were strong rumours that a very well known supermarket were very interested in being club sponsors (Asda?) but the more that want it the more the club will make as a bidding war can only be good.

But rumours are one thing, truth another. Whoever is team spnsor will get a lot of coverage next season.

• Like 1

Are you looking to come back in as main team sponsor Andy?

No this is not for us at the present time, after stepping back for a while we are really enjoying our speedway as fans, its far better than getting to involved. We shall be doing various things for 2014, club, riders and maybe sgp.
  • Like 2

Well what a fantastic night for Poole Speedway, the fans and back room team. We are very proud to of sponsored the meeting and awarded Josh with rider of the night who rode magic ;) To say we out rode them from the start would be an understatement. Did the brummies even turn up ? :D From the word go Poole didnt let them off the hook and really complety smashed them. I have said all along we would win and we have barring a major shock at their place.

The best team won and won very easily, all the Poole haters and everyone saying this would not happen really look quite silly now :rofl: Do we care what others think? looking at and listening to the massive Poole crowd last night, i think NOT !!!! :D

why do Poole haters look silly?

Its Matt Ford people have issues with dont think people realise that

:rofl:Poole and Matt will just put on big internationals, big open meetings etc, should elite racing fail at some point Poole will always be at the front with ideas.

:wink:

Indeed Steve he was, might be a Meridian logo on his suit for 2014 ;)

and there you have it people...............the poole mantra....................stuff the sport we dont care.

well done all at Poole speedway

I thought it was a cracking meeting, some excellent overtaking by both sides, Doyle unfortunately touching the tapes, Danny King falling, Auty and Smolinski just awful, surely they can't be as bad at perry barr, Harris is usually awesome at Poole and has been riding well lately but not to be in heat 15 tells its own story whereas poole were all up for it, typified by Greg's heat 3 move and Grajczoneck's battle with Doyle, saw Chris Holder in the pits looked like he was hating being on crutches and not riding.

Whatever is thrown at Poole, this was an exceptional team performance and you could see how much each and every rider wanted it, the rider's on track may not have been with the team all season but what team spirit they showed.

Anyone else spot Eddie Mitchell, local Property developer and ex-chairman of AFC Bournemouth, at the stadium last night??!! :wink:

Anyone else spot Eddie Mitchell, local Property developer and ex-chairman of AFC Bournemouth, at the stadium last night??!! :wink:

Yep, looks like he's lost a few pounds in weight as well. Looked very well.

Well done to the underdogs :P Looking forward to next week meeting at a packed Perry Bar :rofl:

Should still be a cracking meeting. Birmingham go very well round their place, and although 21 points is a hell of a lot to pull back, our boys certainly won't be taking anything for granted untill its done.

No this is not for us at the present time, after stepping back for a while we are really enjoying our speedway as fans, its far better than getting to involved. We shall be doing various things for 2014, club, riders and maybe sgp.

That's a pitty would be great to see Meridian Lifts back with the Pirates again.

Chomp chomp chomp. :drink::cheers::party:

And the most predictable post of the day goes to the one and only Gavan. We all knew it would be one of those multi repeated rants and he didn't let us down. i bet he is crying in his cornflakes this morning after that demolition job. All his worst fears came home to roost last night. :icon_smile_clown:

It was to us Poole fans. Lovin' it.

Never going to have the drama of the semi as the was no final outcome last night.

I am a Poole fan!!!

I am a Poole fan!!!

The fans around me were lapping it up just as much as last week. True its only half time so never going to be the same as getting to the end.

Matt Ford said in last nights program that it's pure jealousy. How right he is. he said if he was liked he would be doing something wrong as success always breeds jealousy.

well done all at Poole speedway

Why thank you.

........Synikalle........ Congratulations Poole, another elite league title in the bag. And before anybody says "the real winners are the ones who finished top", they aren't. That's not how the sport works anymore and hasn't for a long time. Move on or get over it.

Oh dear! :rofl: If only Matt Ford had followed this advice in 2010 when Poole finished top and 4th placed Coventry had the cheek to not only beat them at Brandon but on their own track as well fair and square. Unfortunately toys out of the pram time at the end from a bitter and twisted promoter intent on getting his own back. So excuse me if I don't join in the celebrations because I could never bring myself to congratulate Poole on being champions this season. Signed.........A.N. Elephant from Leicester. :mad:

why do Poole haters look silly?

I don't hate Poole Speedway Club, but I do despise every single moron that cheered each of the last two weeks when a rider fell, and I do have a sour taste for the way Poole Speedway go about their business of winning, I.e. Lakeside call-off.
  • Like 1

Oh dear! :rofl: If only Matt Ford had followed this advice in 2010 when Poole finished top and 4th placed Coventry had the cheek to not only beat them at Brandon but on their own track as well fair and square. Unfortunately toys out of the pram time at the end from a bitter and twisted promoter intent on getting his own back. So excuse me if I don't join in the celebrations because I could never bring myself to congratulate Poole on being champions this season. Signed.........A.N. Elephant from Leicester. :mad:

Well I am happy to congratulate you. On the wooden spoon. :lol:

I don't hate Poole Speedway Club, but I do despise every single moron that cheered each of the last two weeks when a rider fell, and I do have a sour taste for the way Poole Speedway go about their business of winning, I.e. Lakeside call-off.

Never found a club yet that doesn't have supporters who don't cheer when a rider slides off. No innocent clubs anywhere.

• Like 1