British Speedway Forum

Is the points limit really likely to be that low ? I was expecting something around or just below the 40 mark.

If there are possibly 12 teams and riders like Lindgren, Andersen, Iversen, Bjerre etc not riding here (only examples), then the limit has to be that low and quite frankly wouldn't be suprised to see it as low as 36 !!

• Like 1

Have to ask though, who actually owns Morris as I think there will be TWO current PL teams moving up next season meaning each track has 22 home and 22 away meetings.

Nick Morris is a Swindon asset. It was confirmed by the ex-Glasgow promoter on a thread on here earlier this year that Glasgow received payment for him too.

He is the sort of asset you want to invest in (for the benefit of Crump99)

• Like 2

Nick Morris is a Swindon asset. It was confirmed by the ex-Glasgow promoter on a thread on here earlier this year that Glasgow received payment for him too.

Always good to see clubs investing in young Brits!! :D (Sorry Steve0 - couldn't resist!)

Ah yes I remember that smooth transaction:

It's all part of the propaganda. In attempt to prevent the BSPA insisting on Batchelor being sold, they've drawn Glasgow into the issue.

The insinuation is if you don't back down on dictating Batchelor must be bought, then we'll renegade on the Morris deal. As there is no enforced sale notice on Morris and no spots available (note the timing of the issue), then Morris will have to be loaned. Force us into purchasing Batchelor, and then we won't purchase Morris. I still think dragging Glasgow into this has been a big mistake.

Nobody is sure that the BSPA have insisted on a Batchelor sale. However, if this weren't the case, why would Swindon's purchase of Morris be dependant on the resolution of the Batchelor affair and the we only budgeted for one purchase.

Its worth noting that Peterborough are very quiet now awaiting the outcome of the Swindon game. Assuming that a decision was made by the BSPA that Batchelor must be purchased (and Swindon seem to be suggesting this is the case by their press releases), then await Peterborough's demands for compensation from the BSPA. At the moment the Peterborough press say Swindon claim to have signed Batchelor. Swindon are awaiting ratification from the BSPA, and Peterborough await that same decision.

Which leads nicely into this as your next investment:

I think we can take it as fact that Batch will be approved. What we won't discover is what the deal is that gets him there. My guess is that he won't be on Panthers' asset page at the start of next season.

Always good to see clubs investing in young Brits!! :D (Sorry Steve0 - couldn't resist!)

Remind me, how many British riders are in the current Poo** line-up after you dumped Howarth? :lol: :lol:

Edited by DunRobin

Remind me, how many British riders are in the current Poo** line-up after you dumped Howarth? :lol: :lol:

This is a 2014 thread - do keep up!! The 'dumped' Kyle Howarth is already confirmed for the Poole 1-7 next year - he wanted to ride for a winning team, get paid some decent wages so that he can continue taking Middlo's daughter out!! :wink::P

• Like 1

This is a 2014 thread - do keep up!! The 'dumped' Kyle Howarth is already confirmed for the Poole 1-7 next year - he wanted to ride for a winning team, get paid some decent wages so that he can continue taking Middlo's daughter out!! :wink::P

Signed a contract has he & by the way I think that you may find that Morris was signed as an asset in the 2013 season. Who knows what the situation will be in 2014 will be & whether Fat Maude will be able to ensure that Howarth will be in your 2014 side. The one thing that you can be sure of is that no matter how well you ride in Poo** colours, you are in danger of being dumped, when it suits Maude & his scheming cheating ways! How many bricks did it cost to get the Belle Vue meeting run up to 10 heats?

• Like 1

Signed a contract has he & by the way I think that you may find that Morris was signed as an asset in the 2013 season. Who knows what the situation will be in 2014 will be & whether Fat Maude will be able to ensure that Howarth will be in your 2014 side. The one thing that you can be sure of is that no matter how well you ride in Poo** colours, you are in danger of being dumped, when it suits Maude & his scheming cheating ways! How many bricks did it cost to get the Belle Vue meeting run up to 10 heats?

Alright calm down!! My response to Steve0 was tongue in cheek and part of our usual banter. Of course I know Morris was signed as an asset - I never suggested otherwise - Gordon Pairman confirmed it much earlier on!! Howarth and Grajczonek have been confirmed in the Poole 1-7 TODAY by Matt Ford. Howarth wasn't 'dumped', he was a victim of team changes within the points limit and if you actually speak to him, he admits that his scores immeadiately prior to his release were not very good! (Gomolski springs to mind too!) And if you know anything about the lad then you'll know that whenever he was not away with either Worky or Swindon, he would be in the Poole pits for our meetings, helping out his mate Josh and others!!

Alright calm down!! My response to Steve0 was tongue in cheek and part of our usual banter. Of course I know Morris was signed as an asset - I never suggested otherwise - Gordon Pairman confirmed it much earlier on!! Howarth and Grajczonek have been confirmed in the Poole 1-7 TODAY by Matt Ford. Howarth wasn't 'dumped', he was a victim of team changes within the points limit and if you actually speak to him, he admits that his scores immeadiately prior to his release were not very good! (Gomolski springs to mind too!) And if you know anything about the lad then you'll know that whenever he was not away with either Worky or Swindon, he would be in the Poole pits for our meetings, helping out his mate Josh and others!!

So happy for you Skidder :D

You never know, Nick Morris might be as well... Id get that signature quick.. ;)

I'll think you'll find that in general most speedway supporters would say.....dumped! :P

Peter Mandelson has got nothing on you Pirate fans. ;)

Edited by theblueboy

When did Kyle find out he was a definite for Poole next year, just after his second ride last Monday ?

• Like 3

No doubt he will dumped again once Poole start ringing the changes, support the Brits eh Middlo. :P

Would like to see Simon Gustafsson in, was one of the best away riders at the Abbey this year, very low average. Apart from Killer, Morra,and Doyley, Woffy, Cooky, Schleiny, Hougaard, or Bomber would be ok. No Andersen or Kennett, perhaps Batch at number 1. Give Kerr another chance.

Would like to see Simon Gustafsson in, was one of the best away riders at the Abbey this year, very low average. Apart from Killer, Morra,and Doyley, Woffy, Cooky, Schleiny, Hougaard, or Bomber would be ok. No Andersen or Kennett, perhaps Batch at number 1. Give Kerr another chance.

No chance, Patrick is used to being paid on time... :wink:
  • Like 1