British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Wolverhampton 2014

Is it me or did anyone else expect an announcement today confirming Tai`s signing and commitment??

I believe he is off on holiday this week and talks have clearly been going on.

Is the unthinkable actually possible??

And yes a Wolves side without Tai is unthinkable but i seriously hope he isn't pricing himself out of a Wolves team place.

Clearly Tai is the key that everything else hinges on, i just hope he is racing in the EL and with Wolves but i for one am getting a bit worried.

It then begs the question just who COULD be a back up plan?? Is there one?

Would CVS take a risk on KK, Pawlicki`s, Sundstrom, Larsen as a leader of the side???

At the moment it doesn't even bear thinking about.

Whatever happens Tai will demand more money next season, I hope that this isn't proving to be a problem and a reason why there is no news.

Yours worried in Brum ;-)

Cvs will have to pay he really doesn't have a choice plus he's hardly splashing out on the rest of the side so far

• Like 1

Doesn't bear thinking about if Tai doesn't ride in Britain as the sport needs the BRITISH World Champion riding in it's own league and with Freddie and Holder ruling out Britain and most others now signed up, it would be hard to find three riders upto 21.61.

Where is there any 8+ riders willing to ride over here ? ........ in fact how many 7+ riders re there available ? ?

You could fit in Emil Sayfutdinov, Krzysztof Kasprzak and Peter Ljung and still be under 32.00 with Ty Proctor and Jacob Thorssell. This looks a decent team but highly unlikely and although Tai will no doubt up his fees as World Champion but Emil, KK and Ljung wouldn't come cheap and it may be cheaper to get Tai, Adam and a 6 point rider.

Seeing that Ljung has been confirmed as on loan at another club by Lakeside, could he be another possibility?

Seeing that Ljung has been confirmed as on loan at another club by Lakeside, could he be another possibility?

Would be decent.

Would CVS take a risk on KK, Pawlicki`s, Sundstrom, Larsen as a leader of the side???

KK seems to be out but if need be he may be an emergency call

Sundstrom and Larsen are ok but signing either leaves just oer 5 for the final place if Ti signs .... signing both without Tai would still leave over 7 points and there isn't many more to name

Prez Pawlicki is around 7 but what was Piotr's assessed average 6.50 or 6.00 ?

Peter Ljung would be a good signing with the right combination and would rise a few smiles with a few people if he was at Monmore ':)

........stevebrum....... Would CVS take a risk on KK, Pawlicki`s, Sundstrom, Larsen as a leader of the side???

I think you are probably worrying over nothing and Tai will be in the side, but I just couldn't resist a little titter at the thought of K.K. being in the Wolverhampton team and what your reaction would be. :lol:

• Like 4

I think you are probably worrying over nothing and Tai will be in the side, but I just couldn't resist a little titter at the thought of K.K. being in the Wolverhampton team and what your reaction would be. :lol:

My reaction would be non attendance!! lol

• Like 5

My reaction would be non attendance!! lol

Same as KK then

One meeting you have to admire him, the next you wished his flight had been cancelled ;)

• Like 3

Ljung on 5.60 and Piotr Pawlicki on re-assessed 6.50 (unless its reduced again?), just shows how stupid the assessment process was/is! :wink:

Shamek Pawlicki is on 7.09.

Pawlicki on a 6.50 would make him the second heat leader and it is more likely that Ricky Wells would fit the last place depending on Tai coming back from his skiing holiday thinking about the people that have been there for him so far and puts pen to paper and signs up.

No doubt Tai is getting a team together that helps him arrange things in what will be a very busy season ahead but he has good sponsors and fans at Wolves and he does want to ride for Wolves so a deal should be sorted out.

Its Wolves or nowt for Tai if he rides in Britain.With P,boro now gone,theres only Poole that could afford him,and the sort financial package that he would want.

Obviously no room for Tai at Wimbourne Rd,so is it now a matter of take it or leave it for whats on offer.

With his other racing commitments,Wolves need Tai more than Tai needs Wolves.If it is about money then some middle ground needs to be reached before this transfers into a major" Huston we have am problem".

• Like 1

Tai will be back at Monmore.

Can't see him not riding in the UK. Just a case of dotting the i's and crossing the t's on the contract.

The World Champion will be a huge draw for all tracks across the UK in terms of media interest and the sport can't afford him not to participate and nor can Wolverhampton.

Can't see him not riding in the UK. Just a case of dotting the i's and crossing the t's on the contract.

The World Champion will be a huge draw for all tracks across the UK in terms of media interest and the sport can't afford him not to participate and nor can Wolverhampton.

Lets hope he remains affordable by the sport and Wolves then.

Lets hope he remains affordable by the sport and Wolves then.

Fully agree with that - he will be sorely missed as Holder will if he doesn't ride in the UK. But at the same time, why shouldn't he get remunerated at the same level as Holder, Gollob, Sayfutdinov etc?

• Like 2