British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Wolverhampton 2014

Fair point SB. I should've included the 'subject to change at the AGM' caveat, necessary when discussing any rules in speedway.

I`m not convinced Pontus is in the planning, CVS/Adams only said he had done well in the PL but picking Jacob instead ot Pontus this season was the best choice. They were right of course!

Please correct me if I'm wrong (I'm away without access to last year's rules at the minute) but if Aspgren only appeared in the PL last year, wouldn't he be on a converted PL average this year?

Edited to add: 6.74 PL would equal 4.04 according to the current rules

CVS will play his MC get of jail free so it will be alright, either that or Adams will have come up with another blueprint for the future where PL to EL conversion goes back to 50%.

Either way it won't affect Wolves.

Edited by bigcatdiary

That was down to travel arrangements and nothing else. Hans and Tai were offered a plane and couriers to rush them to Russia and after advice he decided along with the backing of SVEMO that he could travel the day before and miss the rearranged meeting at Coventry.

His inclusion in the SEC was arranged before the Coventry match was arranged for that date and going by their own rules, I personally think he had justification in missing the Coventry match but do feel Wolves should have had cover as it was one of those moments that stopped us finishing top ...... like the last heat at Poole.

I'll get the violins out ! If you remember at the time the club took the rare occasion of issuing a club statement criticising Freddie,CVS very rarely criticises his own riders publicly,but demands that they always put the club first,if they don't they are gone for next season,Freddie knew this and arranging early to double up in Sweden next year had no intention of riding for Wolves next year

Fredrik Lindgren - Wolverhampton ...... 10 consecutive years !!

Kenneth Bjerre - Newcastle, Belle Vue, Kings Lynn, Peterborough

Plus Wolves already have a #1 rider while Peterborough need all the 7+ riders they can get (or still wants to ride for them !)

Think most Wolves fans will agree we had a much improved season and may have shocked many with the way we started, not me i hasten to add!The only thing that matters that prior to the injuries (most notably Ty)we were top of the table and winning for fun. The rest is open to suggestion what might have happened.Keeping the same 1-7 fit like the Brummies is likely to have seen a different table topper and potential finalist/winner. Speculation of course, not a science!

Injuries obviously had an effect but I would speculate that Wolves would never have finished top of the table :wink:

Freddie + Tai and new points total won't go. So British World Champion or Lindgren .. No brainer really.

Freddie + Tai and new points total won't go. So British World Champion or Lindgren .. No brainer really.

Lindgren already announced as having a season out on Monday.

Injuries obviously had an effect but I would speculate that Wolves would never have finished top of the table :wink:

Despite leading the table with ease prior to the injuries lol. But then i had Swindon down as dominating this year so what do i know :-)

Given your point about how to help British riders (foreigners maintaining initial assessed averages) in another thtead its interesting that you see 3 low average foreigners as important to team building plans. Seems that you are also a turkey that wouldnt vote for Christmas!

Not at all as I would not mind one bit if he had to start on an assessed 4.00 average ...... although on current converstion rates he is 4.04

Please correct me if I'm wrong (I'm away without access to last year's rules at the minute) but if Aspgren only appeared in the PL last year, wouldn't he be on a converted PL average this year? ... Edited to add: 6.74 PL would equal 4.04 according to the current rules

Agree that Ryan Fisher returned to the EL this season on 5.27 despite holding a 6.02 EL average from 2011

However, Ryan rode a full season in the PL where as Pontus only had 17 meetings for Rye House ....... as there is a 28 match rolling average in place, would that change anything ?

Even on a 4.04 average he is still worth considering and proved at Monmore in the Joe Hughes meeting he has improved a lot since the 2012 season where he averaged 3.15

9.20 Tai Woffinden

5.78 Ty Proctor

4.61 Jacob Thorssell

4.04 Pontus Aspgren

3.85 Sam Masters

see what's left when the limit is set ...... Adam, Ricky, Ludvig, Nicolai and Ashley waiting in the wings !!

Plus Wolves already have a #1 rider while Peterborough need all the 7+ riders they can get (or still wants to ride for them !)

have wolves signed woofy for 2014 yet then ???

have wolves signed woofy for 2014 yet then ???

Like all other EL teams no-one is stating who will be their number one until they know the rules at the AGM.

It would be a HUGE surprise if Tai isn't our number one tho.

That was down to travel arrangements and nothing else. Hans and Tai were offered a plane and couriers to rush them to Russia and after advice he decided along with the backing of SVEMO that he could travel the day before and miss the rearranged meeting at Coventry.

His inclusion in the SEC was arranged before the Coventry match was arranged for that date and going by their own rules, I personally think he had justification in missing the Coventry match but do feel Wolves should have had cover as it was one of those moments that stopped us finishing top ...... like the last heat at Poole.

I'll get the violins out ! If you remember at the time CVS put out an official club statement criticising Freddie in missing a Wolves fixture which was on the official calender since March,something CVS rarely does.If Freddie had any intention of riding next year he would not have missed this meeting,any rider who doesn't put Wolves first gets the chop next season.With Freddie deciding to ride in the Swedish 2nd tier next season it was clear Freddie had no intention of riding for Wolves next season,his decision not the clubs.

I'll get the violins out ! If you remember at the time CVS put out an official club statement criticising Freddie in missing a Wolves fixture which was on the official calender since March,something CVS rarely does.

If Freddie had any intention of riding next year he would not have missed this meeting, any rider who doesn't put Wolves first gets the chop next season.With Freddie deciding to ride in the Swedish 2nd tier next season it was clear Freddie had no intention of riding for Wolves next season,his decision not the clubs.

Don't put your comments in the quote as it looks like you havent said it.

Would be surprised if Wolves went for Doyle even though he rides the place well as they have a number of assets that can be fitted in to whatever limit is set for next season and usually go for the devil they know than bring in a loan rider although Sam Masters is likely to be included.

Doyle is nailed on Swindon bound.

Agree. Someone suggested Doyle as an option but there appeared the suggestion that he would be with his parent club.