British Speedway Forum

Of course its going to be on his site, its a business site for god sake.

Whats disgraceful is a bunch of fans posting exactly where he lives and what type of house he lives in on a public forum . Why are you doing that? What has his address got to do with anything?

You would be very wise to wait for an official explination, as im sure one will be issued, before lynching the guy.

Most of you dont know him, I do and many others will back me up in saying its not a stunt he would pull without a very good reason.

Coupled with public facts regarding birmingham speedways financial problems this season i would hazard a guess there is more tothis than proving a petty point.

Dont forget andy povey has a very very good friendship with birminghams phil morris, unless that has changed in the last couple of months

• Like 5

On what I've seen, there are only two possible outcomes.

A. something less than honesty behind the scenes

B. the website hosting is woefully and inexcusably inadequate, even if that's the unlikely case, not doing anything about it is also unacceptable, as quite clearly its' been shown as not fit for purpose and clubs have a right to complain if it's costing them revenue.

The full facts will come out in time and egg will be on the face of certain loudmouthed people.

The abuse that Povey has and is receiving is a disgrace!

Edited by Barry The Cat
  • Like 1

Of course its going to be on his site, its a business site for god sake.

Whats disgraceful is a bunch of fans posting exactly where he lives and what type of house he lives in on a public forum . Why are you doing that? What has his address got to do with anything?

You would be very wise to wait for an official explination, as im sure one will be issued, before lynching the guy.

Most of you dont know him, I do and many others will back me up in saying its not a stunt he would pull without a very good reason.

Coupled with public facts regarding birmingham speedways financial problems this season i would hazard a guess there is more tothis than proving a petty point.

Dont forget andy povey has a very very good friendship with birminghams phil morris, unless that has changed in the last couple of months

I agree. A club's website goes down for a period and it's akin to a public lynching on here. The mind boggles really.

Where were you expecting him to operate his business from - the houses of parliament?

He runs a few websites, why splash out on an office or building when he can simply run his business from home minimizing all costs.

I have not spoken with andy at all, but would bet a large anount of money that his name will be cleared when the truth emerges . He is not the type of guy and that i do know for a fact.

No one has been publically hung, what i have asked, is that The BSPA make an official statement as to why The Brummie site was allegedly closed down, and apparently no other. quite a simple request i would have thought, after all it was allegedly at there request that it was closed, and AP media did it on there behalf.

If that's the case, he's hardly helping himself to get it by taking it offline and costing them revenue, revenue that could be paid to him.

Actually every website hosting company does exactly the same thing. If a bill is not paid, they disable the website account and don't provide access to the service until the bill is paid. But doubt that is the issue in this case as I assume the BSPA pay the bill.

Edited by TheReturn

Actually every website hosting company does exactly the same thing. If a bill is not paid, they disable the website account and don't provide access to the service until the bill is paid. But doubt that is the issue in this case as I assume the BSPA pay the bill.

You really think cutting off a revenue stream to a company that owes money and doesn't have that much spare is going to help you get that money then ?, looks like shooting yourself in the foot from where I'm sitting.

If you own a mobile phone contract and dont pay your bill, they cut you off until you pay up. Same as sky tv, virgin tv etc. if you dont pay your rent you get evicted.

Same as websites. Although i dont think andy does brums website anymore so this isnt the case, as i said was only a suggestion.

If you own a mobile phone contract and dont pay your bill, they cut you off until you pay up. Same as sky tv, virgin tv etc. if you dont pay your rent you get evicted.

Same as websites. Although i dont think andy does brums website anymore so this isnt the case, as i said was only a suggestion.

AP Media provide web space and hosting to all speedway clubs on their server as part of their contract with the BSPA. It's not something that is charged for in the way that mobile phones are charged for. There is no question about the web space not having been paid for.

Are you completely thick?

And you've just lost all credibility, considering your the only one "swimming against the tide" so to speak, we've seen no evidence your version of events is any truer than anyone elses.

There is no question about the web space not having been paid for.

Which seems to fly in the face of your version Mr Pinstripe.

Edited by david2905

You really think cutting off a revenue stream to a company that owes money and doesn't have that much spare is going to help you get that money then ?, looks like shooting yourself in the foot from where I'm sitting.

Well I don't think money is the issue in this case, however, for the sake of argument. If you are paying £X a month for a server, then you have 10 clients paying say £X+X a month to use that server you are making a profit from those customers. If one or more of those customers refused to pay, but you are still paying out yourself, you are suggesting you carry on using your money for those customers to use a service for free.

Get real.

I retract my last post, i forgot andy doesnt maintain brums website anymore.

But i know andy charges a set up fee for making the website and then a monthly maintaince fee for running the site, hence why i thought he may of been owed money.

However, the bspa surely wouldnt have a guy running their site and many others as well as controlling all clubs servers if he has a habit of shutting down servers willy nilly, would they?

There is more to this story than what people think i am almost positive of that. And when the truth comes out there will be some people looking rather silly

the point being its the BUSINESS address and shows how "small scale" the operation really is, why is that wrong?

when you buy something on the web do you not check out the address first via street view?

<slanderous comment removed>

What on earth has that got to do with anything?

There are many businesses now that operate from home, some with very high turnovers too. Welcome to the modern world.

AS I suspected, it appears true that Chris has been banned in some capacity. Please see the below from Chris' Facebook.

"Many thanks for all the pm's, texts and calls today from everyone. For now I'd prefer not to comment on what's gone on but I can confirm I will not be presenting at Coventry Speedway tomorrow and it's looking doubtful I will be allowed to present Birmingham Brummies Grand Final a week on Monday. The only thing I will add is I have received support from several Speedway Promoters and I hope all is resolved asap."