British Speedway Forum

Maybe not Scott but its an example of what he can still do on a good day, form is temporary and class is permanent etc etc

If this is PK's call to cut down on his racing i have to respect his decision but if its Lakeside's then quite frankly shame on them, will Kim score the points Lewis was as a second string? maybe but i doubt it, will Lewis score anymore than PK was as a heat leader, very unlikely, in fact i would not be surprised if he did not see the season out and we finish up having to find a replacement.

If they do scrape the play offs it will only be to get humiliated in front of the camera's again.

• Like 1

Maybe not Scott but its an example of what he can still do on a good day, form is temporary and class is permanent etc etc

If this is PK's call to cut down on his racing i have to respect his decision but if its Lakeside's then quite frankly shame on them, will Kim score the points Lewis was as a second string? maybe but i doubt it, will Lewis score anymore than PK was as a heat leader, very unlikely, in fact i would not be surprised if he did not see the season out and we finish up having to find a replacement.

If they do scrape the play offs it will only be to get humiliated in front of the camera's again.

Correct form is temporary but this season Lakeside have tried everything with him, even moving him down the order and he has still not been able to pick up the big points, along with not gating well. Also PK must of had something in his contract regardless of form as he always seemed to be in Heat 15 and more often than not he under performed.

I personally think that Kim will not score as well as PK for the remainder of the season and that could potentially cost us either making the playoffs or in the playoffs.

Personally with what has gone on at Birmingham i have no idea why we haven't looked at Barker or King but with Kim being our asset would we of had to use him but again by no means is he a 1,2 or 3. I do actually think it comes down to money they were paying PK for poor points especially with majority of our remaining meets being away from home

Fingers crossed for Lakeside

• Like 2

I personally think that Kim will not score as well as PK for the remainder of the season and that could potentially cost us either making the playoffs or in the playoffs.

No chance of Kim even matching a below par score of PK`s.

So can Lakeside use a home guest for Bridger up to 7.05 (per GSAs) or only up to 6.80 (the correct figure)?

No chance of Kim even matching a below par score of PK`s.

Agreed but also no point in paying PK top money when he is no where near close to be number 1 at lakeside let alone a stand out number 1. For me the people in charge are trying to run the club properly but would rather have seen a natural number 1 come in and really see how far we could go.

Any news on who will cover for Bech on Friday night?

Any news on who will cover for Bech on Friday night?

Rory- the honorary Hammer. A repeat of his performance guesting for Lakeside against Wolves would go down very well !

So can Lakeside use a home guest for Bridger up to 7.05 (per GSAs) or only up to 6.80 (the correct figure)?

Lewis is riding.

Not sure if Nilsson will be too much of an improvement but you can understand why Lakeside have made the change, PK has been off colour for pretty much the whole season. Looked absolutely dreadful in the live Swedish meeting a couple of weeks back, how long do you wait for a rider to turn it round, especially one in his forties? Just hope if he has one more season for Wolves he doesn't struggle and spoil people's memories of him, wasn't nice to see Ermolenko scratching about for points in his last couple of years racing.

In his last year at Wolves Ermolenko averaged just under 8 and was a heat leader.

Wasn't so good in his final year at Peterborough though.

I was told by someone over the weekend (Lakeside fan) that PK hasn't been getting on with Jon Cook. No idea if there is any truth to that though. Edited to add, after reading 'financial reasons' posts perhaps there is some substance too it.

Goes completely against what was written in the star about Lakeside being a very well run viable club, they claim crowds are up and business is good then they do this claiming its for financial reasons!

If its purely Lakeside's call then it's idiotic in the extreme, they have a date Monmore Green next Monday and PK would have been a key player there in getting a half decent result.

Lakeside claim their crowds are up every year.

Edited by BWitcher

Agreed but also no point in paying PK top money when he is no where near close to be number 1 at lakeside let alone a stand out number 1. For me the people in charge are trying to run the club properly but would rather have seen a natural number 1 come in and really see how far we could go.

Lakeside didn't start the season with a stand out number one. As a 2nd string he would clean up big points that would make all the difference.

Like you say if its to do with pay then you get what you pay for now.

According to this weeks SS Lewis' sacking by his Polish club has been rescinded and replaced with a final warning, so possibly he has escaped by the skin of his teeth.

Two things were mentioned that impressed me though. Firstly he said he has been going out to Poland every Saturday to practice at his own expense and on his own engines, and secondly he said he will quit if he can't get in Polish club in the winter because he is not going to take the option of doubling down in the PL to make his money up. That seems fair comment to me because few if any EL riders improve when they start doubling down and if anything they go backwards.

So, that's Lewis for you. A mass of contradictions On one level a silly boy with a self destruct button while on another level showing an attitude towards progressing his career that a lot of Team GB hopefuls would to well to follow instead of dropping to the PL. I would love to see Lewis get the success his undoubted talent could achieve and I really hope the Dr Jekyll side of his character prevails over Mr Hyde......... but the jury is still out on that.

Lakeside didn't start the season with a stand out number one. As a 2nd string he would clean up big points that would make all the difference.

Like you say if its to do with pay then you get what you pay for now.

As has already been said Lakeside already have 2 riders , Bech and Bridger that between them have been doing a decent job between them swapping places in the second string/third heatleader role. What they are lacking is a second heatleader to give support to Dave Watt, and although I hate to say PK simply has not been doing the business in heats 13 and 15 this year. In fact from memory I don't think he has won one of them this season. As others have said his gating has for the most part been right off.

Putting PK into a second string role brings two problems . The first is that neither Bech nor Bridger are quite ready for a No 1 or No 5 role (although Bech is getting fairly close to it ) so if PK takes over at No4 the team is weakened at No5 .

Secondly there is the question of money. If Bech or Bridger go up to second heatleader where points are harder to score their income drops . On the other hand unless PK takes a big pay cut he will be getting a very good wage for scoring points against second strings and FTDR riders. Bottom line is that there is only one pot to pay everybody from and if Lakeside want to balance the books they are not going to pay top dollar to a rider in a second string role.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 5

A shame, Bridger should have been sacked.

You've made your point and we have picked up on your dislike for Bridger so no real need to carry it on.

• Like 2

According to this weeks SS Lewis' sacking by his Polish club has been rescinded and replaced with a final warning, so possibly he has escaped by the skin of his teeth.

Two things were mentioned that impressed me though. Firstly he said he has been going out to Poland every Saturday to practice at his own expense and on his own engines, and secondly he said he will quit if he can't get in Polish club in the winter because he is not going to take the option of doubling down in the PL to make his money up. That seems fair comment to me because few if any EL riders improve when they start doubling down and if anything they go backwards.

So, that's Lewis for you. A mass of contradictions On one level a silly boy with a self destruct button while on another level showing an attitude towards progressing his career that a lot of Team GB hopefuls would to well to follow instead of dropping to the PL. I would love to see Lewis get the success his undoubted talent could achieve and I really hope the Dr Jekyll side of his character prevails over Mr Hyde......... but the jury is still out on that.

As has already been said Lakeside already have 2 riders , Bech and Bridger that between them have been doing a decent job between them swapping places in the second string/third heatleader role. What they are lacking is a second heatleader to give support to Dave Watt, and although I hate to say PK simply has not been doing the business in heats 13 and 15 this year. In fact from memory I don't think he has won one of them this season. As others have said his gating has for the most part been right off.

Putting PK into a second string role brings two problems . The first is that neither Bech nor Bridger are quite ready for a No 1 or No 5 role (although Bech is getting fairly close to it ) so if PK takes over at No4 the team is weakened at No5 .

Secondly there is the question of money. If Bech or Bridger go up to second heatleader where points are harder to score their income drops . On the other hand unless PK takes a big pay cut he will be getting a very good wage for scoring points against second strings and FTDR riders. Bottom line is that there is only one pot to pay everybody from and if Lakeside want to balance the books they are not going to pay top dollar to a rider in a second string role.

Im not a Lakeside fan, but i agree with you, Bridger such a talent. Wish someone would get him sorted out!

• Like 1

You've made your point and we have picked up on your dislike for Bridger so no real need to carry it on.

You know it will tho!

It keeps going on and on about Jepsen Jensen even tho he has fallen well down the Danish ladder. :t:

Good to see Kim in the SWC this evening - very impressive first ride!