British Speedway Forum

Bridger and Swidders in the 'engine room' of any side equals inconsistency. A long season ahead for the Hammers if they employ both.

See that Lakeside has dropped off the radar, good news or BAD! Hearing alarming rumours but then its the silly season.

Would you care to elaborate on said rumour?

No simply because it is delicate if true and only posted to see if anybody else was getting bad vibes. Also only posted because have heard this from 2 different sources now both being reliable from different tracks, will wait and see what develops after the A.G.M.

No simply because it is delicate if true and only posted to see if anybody else was getting bad vibes. Also only posted because have heard this from 2 different sources now both being reliable from different tracks, will wait and see what develops after the A.G.M.

In that case, I don't think it appropriate for you to have said anything at all.

You have achieved nothing except possibly upsetting supporters of Lakeside.

In that case, I don't think it appropriate for you to have said anything at all.

You have achieved nothing except possibly upsetting supporters of Lakeside.

See that Lakeside has dropped off the radar, good news or BAD!

Lakeside's twitter feed has been active tonight with Richard Lawson named rider of the year.

Lakeside's twitter feed has been active tonight with Richard Lawson named rider of the year.

That's hardly surprising. He came into the side at short notice with a reputation as someone who couldn't ride small tracks and he applied himself to the task and progressed brilliantly. To be fair, he had a lot of help from Dave Watt off track and a lot of shepherding on track from Lewis Bridger who at times team rode quite brilliantly to let Richard pick his line while Lewis backed him up, but Rich is still a deserving winner of Rider of the year and one of the few highlights of a disappointing Lakeside season.

Well done Richard

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 2

As above, may take a few years to get over Lee, cant be replaced. Sure, we were doing OK till PK and Seb got injured. People seem to forget quickly and crtisise the promotion, but not alot you can do about it at such a late stage in the season when you loose two HL's. It is was it is. I also think the promo was right to stop the season at the end of the league fixtures, as traditionally, in my 15 years support, AE fans dont turn up for non core fixtures. no point burning cash that could be used to sign riders for next season.

My only crit though of EL speedway (not directed just at AE) is that i paid 250.00 (ish) for a season ticket a few years back for a full card of 28 meetings, so at the start of this season if i were to have purchased again, i should have only paid 125.00 for 14 meetings. EL seems to have got the utility providers disease, where we pay more very year for less!

• Like 1

Anyone living in Thurrock know all about the plans for the Lakeside shopping Centre and its major expansion that will include the current speedway track being gobbled up. The plans are in the local papers and Thurrock Council will support the move. A massive amount of money coming to the owners of Arena Essex. Done deal just a matter of when. Can't understand why it is thought to be a big secret. Look to see the club in a short term track share while they seek out a bit of land.

Anyone living in Thurrock know all about the plans for the Lakeside shopping Centre and its major expansion that will include the current speedway track being gobbled up. The plans are in the local papers and Thurrock Council will support the move. A massive amount of money coming to the owners of Arena Essex. Done deal just a matter of when. Can't understand why it is thought to be a big secret. Look to see the club in a short term track share while they seek out a bit of land.

Good news if they are getting a lot of money, Hopefully they can make a proper track now and a nice little stadium.

• Like 1

For as long as I can remember there has been talk over Arena being swallowed up as pat of the Thames Gateway redevelopment and one day it very likely will go the way of Hackney, West Ham ,Crayford and Wimbledon but we all know that talking is one thing and doing is another. Plenty of vested interests working against it at the moment even though Thurrock Council have given it the so-called green light. .Won't be happening in 2014 though. IMO the scarcity of building land is the biggest threat to all speedway in this country but I wouldn't say Arena is under a bigger threat than Coventry or a number of othjers.

I dont know that much so i dont know how realistic this is but how about:

1. Fredrik Lindgren 8.94

2. Richard Lawson 4.80

3. Seb Ulamek 6.60

4. Piotr Swiderski 6.22

5. Dave Watt /Danny King 7.46

6. Tyson Nelson 3.59

7. Kauko Nieminen 4.62

Probably really unrealistic but there you go.

I think your all forgetting one thing. this years AGM..

I think your all forgetting one thing. this years AGM..

....and today's pre-AGM!!!

Jon Cook said a season or two ago that they have been assured that the arena essex raceway will be there for many years to come. Next rumour please.

• Like 3

Jon Cook said a season or two ago that they have been assured that the arena essex raceway will be there for many years to come. Next rumour please.

I have done a little digging myself. From what I have found, the Lakeside expansion appears to be south of the A1306 joining Alexandra Lake to the existing centre then creating a new leisure and shopping area with the aim to establish the third largest retail park in the UK. Examples:

http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/news/9859579.Lakeside_s___180million_expansion_gets_the_green_light/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnGzbhQuws4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdwg6o7BAg0

Take into consideration aswell that , in the event of thames gateway coming to fruition, it is very possible that motorsport could be included. So many ifs and buts.

Lakeside seem to be a club looking to the future if the academy is anything to go by so im not too concerned right now.