British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

King's Lynn Stars 2014

He proved last year he can ride at number one plus with no Noddy, Freddie and possibly Neils or Zagar the league is getting weaker all the time. Bjerre would be my choice if Puk doesn't do Britain but otherwise I reckon Doyle could do a good job.

Edited by Bagpuss

I think KL may well be in pole position for Doyley - if they want him?! Doyley needs to be a bit careful who he upsets with some of his comments, otherwise he may run out of potential employers!!

He says he won't go back to Poole or Birmingham and Swindon don't want to use him. Coventry are complete................so who?

• Like 1

He proved last year he can ride at number one plus with no Noddy, Freddie and possibly Neils or Zagar the league is getting weaker all the time. Bjerre would be my choice if Puk doesn't do Britain but otherwise I reckon Doyle could do a good job.

I too, wouldn't put Doyle at No.1 by choice, but if he had to be then I wouldn't be too worried. He's more than able to do a good job.

As been said already teams need a strong 1 to 4 , and we have the chance to have 3 good heat leaders plus a good second string with the option of Lambert when he's old enough. With the 2 reserves we have, that sure looks the right way to go.

It's a difficult one to be honest, if a three ish pointer is required (or maybe two if three strong heat leaders are signed) then Porsing and Kozza both look like they could stick a couple of points on their averages going by late 2013 form.

But as semion says if an opportunity arises to sign Lambert it has to be taken as the boy's future is enormous. Trouble is he'll likely take a few weeks to settle and will be seeing many tracks for the first time.

I personally feel that Lambert will go to whoever offers the most money, for which you can't blame him really, and I don't see that being Lynn. Will be interesting to see of he does PL too, which I think he needs this year more than EL. I'd imagine nearly every club in both leagues are after him.

I hope Robert Lambert signs for Lynn and goes on to be the next Michael Lee without the on or off track issues!
  • Like 1

Certainly wouldn't be upset to see Doyle lineup for the Stars but not convinced it will happen.

Could see him at Wolves next season. Would fit into their lineup I think and remember him being decent their in the playoffs.

Certainly wouldn't be upset to see Doyle lineup for the Stars but not convinced it will happen.

Could see him at Wolves next season. Would fit into their lineup I think and remember him being decent their in the playoffs.

Personally can't see it happening, you never know but would be surprised to see Doyley at Lynn!

I do think KL would be crazy not to have Rory in the team and hopefully Mads and Niels to join him :)

Kings Lynn can do better than Doyle. Personally I don't think Doyle is good value on 7.30 average hence why Rosco didn't pick him. Sounds like he will go to Wolves by all accounts anyway.

Kings Lynn can do better than Doyle. Personally I don't think Doyle is good value on 7.30 average hence why Rosco didn't pick him. Sounds like he will go to Wolves by all accounts anyway.

Disagree, Doyle proved this season just what good value he is and is on a true average for his ability.

• Like 2

If as reported Simon Stead has re-signed for Sheffield, that would rule him out of swindons plans due to race nights.If he can pick up where he left off last year he would be an awesome second string

A ridiculous post & I will gladly have a bet that Jason up's his average wherever he ends up in 2014?.

I for one will wait for what Swindon's line up is as it should've had room for him in it as he's an asset as well.

• Like 1

I thought Doyle was anti Poole?

No, that's you ;)

• Like 1

I think our top 5 has been decided for a good 2 weeks. Which means Doyle won't be in it.

If we're saying Niels, Mads and Rory are coming back, I'd say it'll either be Lambert and another i.e Stead or 6 pointer, or Porsing and Stead (fits exactly).

• Like 1

In todays speedway star an article states that Robert Lambert declined the draw for reserves in the elite league as he is already in a teams 1 to 5! Fingers crossed

A ridiculous post & I will gladly have a bet that Jason up's his average wherever he ends up in 2014?.

I for one will wait for what Swindon's line up is as it should've had room for him in it as he's an asset as well.

We can agree to disagree. In my view Doyle peaked but then again you could be right as with the EL being watered down yet further at best the opposition will now only have one rider with a higher average than Doyle.

In todays speedway star an article states that Robert Lambert declined the draw for reserves in the elite league as he is already in a teams 1 to 5! Fingers crossed

I think it's a not very secret secret that Lambert has signed for Lynn. Gary Patchett and Paul Burbidge pretty much gave the game away on Twitter in mid November when Patchett said Lambert was "KL 100%".

Speedy has pretty much said the team I think will lineup next year, in fact I said this very lineup to Gav Caney when recording the latest EDP podcast yesterday: NKI, Mads, Rory, Steady, Lambert, Kerr, Rose.

edit: - Found the tweet

Edited by Speedball