British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

King's Lynn Stars 2014

Who's the podcast with, you Rob n Gav?

Did ya fix the curtain up ha

Edited by Trees

I think it's a not very secret secret that Lambert has signed for Lynn. Gary Patchett and Paul Burbidge pretty much gave the game away on Twitter in mid November when Patchett said Lambert was "KL 100%".

Speedy has pretty much said the team I think will lineup next year, in fact I said this very lineup to Gav Caney when recording the latest EDP podcast yesterday: NKI, Mads, Rory, Steady, Lambert, Kerr, Rose.

edit: - Found the tweet

Who will be the interim No5 then?

Lambert couldnt be in a declared line up before his birthday and you will need an initial declaration before April 5th.

In my view Doyle peaked

Peaked?? He was still Brum`s best rider in the play off final!!

• Like 1

Who's the podcast with, you Rob n Gav?

Did ya fix the curtain up ha

Haha, didn't have to worry this time. Was recorded in much more luxurious surroundings :wink:

No Rob this time. Just Gav, a fellow KL fan from Twitter and myself talking mainly about the EL draft.

Who will be the interim No5 then?

Lambert couldnt be in a declared line up before his birthday and you will need an initial declaration before April 5th.

No idea, guess we could just start the league season from mid April once Lambert turns 16.

Edited by Speedball

No idea, guess we could just start the league season from mid April once Lambert turns 16.

Whilst that may be possible i am sure all teams have to have a declared line up that is legal from Mid March??

It wouldn't be possible to declare a 15 year old in a line up at that time.

He's having his birthday early this year.

• Like 4

He's having his birthday early this year.

Everyone knows its April. its early, but is it early enough?!

I remember Peterborough doing something similar in the late nineties, either Simon Stead or David Howe weren't sixteen until after the season had started so they named Gavin Hedge as an interim signing.

Nothing to stop whoever signs Lambert from doing the same as long as it all fits under the points limit. In Lynn's case it could be Kozza or Niklas if neither get fixed up elsewhere.

Edited by Bagpuss

I remember Peterborough doing something similar in the late nineties, either Simon Stead or David Howe weren't sixteen until after the season had started so they named Gavin Hedge as an interim signing.

Nothing to stop whoever signs Lambert from doing the same as long as it all fits under the points limit. In Lynn's case it could be Kozza or Niklas if neither get fixed up elsewhere.

Give them a few quid and someone would be happy to do it.

Give them a few quid and someone would be happy to do it.

I'll do it.

I think our top 5 has been decided for a good 2 weeks. Which means Doyle won't be in it.

If we're saying Niels, Mads and Rory are coming back, I'd say it'll either be Lambert and another i.e Stead or 6 pointer, or Porsing and Stead (fits exactly).

Iversen, Bjerre, Schlein, Lambert plus another probably Porsing is my guess at your top 5 plus your 2 NL stars.

• Like 1

Iversen, Bjerre, Schlein, Lambert plus another probably Porsing is my guess at your top 5 plus your 2 NL stars.

I don't think you'll get much better than that. Team made up from: 3 Danes, 3 young British riders, and an Aussie. or

3 world class riders supporting 4 youngsters who will be learning their trade from the masters. Either way you look at it , it should be exciting to watch.

Who was it said you win nothing with kids. Watch this space. I wonder what odds I could get on a Belle Vue Kings Lynn play off final ?