British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

King's Lynn Stars 2014

Looks the team to beat if you ask me.Great team for all Stars fans.

Brilliant team for 2014... ;)

I will be supporting you guys in the EL next season... :t:

The Kings Lynn Panthers!!! :D

Our fixtures won't start until Robert is 16!

But teams need to be declared before THE start of the season not Kings Lynn's start of the season.

Pass.. But I'm sure Buster will have that covered... He actually said last night that some of our home matches will be on Thursday instead.

One would hope that our promotion will be able to avoid clashes this season B-)

But teams need to be declared before THE start of the season not Kings Lynn's start of the season.

Mere technicality!!!! :-D I hope!

So if Lynn named say Darren Mallet, then when Lambert became 16 and changed the team before a wheel had been turned, would that make you feel better ? You aint a Traffic warden by any chance, are you ?

• Like 7

Rory: A seasoned heat leader, capable of easily putting a point on last season’s average.

Rory, besides on outstanding season has been around the 6-7 mark.

It seems season after season people still say he should put points on his average.

Not at all convinced. However in a team with a strong top 2 he should have less pressure.

Serious question - are all your Danes riding in the Danish League??

Bjerre says in SS that he doesnt have a Danish team place.

Very happy with the team that's been put together :t: Ultimately, the club's goal is to get into the play offs and win the league (as always!) but will I personally be bothered if we don't manage to do this next year? Not really. For me, win, lose or draw, whether we get into the play offs or not, I just want to be entertained and see some great racing. In the 7 riders we have, particularly from the 4 younger members (Robert, Nicklas, Lewis K and Lewis R) I think we should get that, without a shadow of a doubt. For some people to say we should win the league already is crazy talk. That's already putting unnecessary pressure on some team members!

• Like 2

I CAN still remember Michael Lee riding round Saddlebow Road after a meeting when he was just 15. Can you? And, if so, how does Lambert compare?

Yes, wonderful memories, I was in the pits at Saddlebow Road talking with Andy Lee, the night when Ivan Mauger and Barry Briggs made a special journey just to witness Michael riding in the interval. At that age of 15yrs 6mths, Michael went round the track faster that night then anybody. and subsequently the 2 world champions acclaimed he was the best they'd ever seen.

Lambert, at similar age, is on par with Michael Lee. Whether he continues along an equal path only time will tell... He's that good......

• Like 1

Or not, as the case may be. Im not sure that would really be the path to follow.

Edited by semion

Serious question - are all your Danes riding in the Danish League??

Porsing and Lambert are both in Outrup's team. Iversen is with Esbjerg. Apart from that, can't see Kenneth Bjerre announced anywhere. The alternative race night that was mentioned was Thursday. That night only clashes with Swedish Allsvenskan meetings I believe, but at present, no one out of the team has signed for an Allsvenskan club as far as I know.

Brilliant team for 2014... ;)

I will be supporting you guys in the EL next season... :t:

The Kings Lynn Panthers!!! :D

See ya there ;) You won't go home disappointed (least I hope not anyway!)

Edited by em1500uk

Very happy with the team that's been put together :t: Ultimately, the club's goal is to get into the play offs and win the league (as always!) but will I personally be bothered if we don't manage to do this next year? Not really. For me, win, lose or draw, whether we get into the play offs or not, I just want to be entertained and see some great racing. In the 7 riders we have, particularly from the 4 younger members (Robert, Nicklas, Lewis K and Lewis R) I think we should get that, without a shadow of a doubt. For some people to say we should win the league already is crazy talk. That's already putting unnecessary pressure on some team members!

Yep, awesome line-up but we MUST hope the injury demons keep well away. We've had plenty of awesome teams at the start of the season that looked totally different by the end.... :(

• Like 1

Yes, wonderful memories, I was in the pits at Saddlebow Road talking with Andy Lee, the night when Ivan Mauger and Barry Briggs made a special journey just to witness Michael riding in the interval. At that age of 15yrs 6mths, Michael went round the track faster that night then anybody. and subsequently the 2 world champions acclaimed he was the best they'd ever seen.

Lambert, at similar age, is on par with Michael Lee. Whether he continues along an equal path only time will tell... He's that good......

Well, if Lambert is really as good as Lee then the rest of us may as well give up now! Didn't Lee average about 7.5 in his first year for King's Lynn?

• Like 1

Was anything mentioned last night about Easter meetings ?

Yes. Easter is being moved to June for next season!!! ;)

Yep, awesome line-up but we MUST hope the injury demons keep well away. We've had plenty of awesome teams at the start of the season that looked totally different by the end.... :(

Don't jinx it now! Call them things beginning with the letter i 'you know whats' instead :lol: I don't even like to talk about them things anymore on here as last season was a complete joke with regards to that subject.